How can family at home Skype you from your xbox one

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So we have an xbox one, and it's setup with my account. I would like my family to be able to video call me from the xbox one. Figured out that I can't create a contact for myself in my Skype account on xbox one, so I created a wife account also so the xbox is signed in as one or the other. Now when they call me from be signed in as her, the xbox rings because I am signed in on the xbox too.

Any ideas how to set this up right

thanks

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand this at all.

Skype now uses microsoft accounts so now your xbox live account is also your skype account. You should be able to have your account, and your wife have her own. If someone calls you it will ring on your account, and if they call hers it will ring on hers.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So if I am logged into the xbox one as usual and watching tv, my family cannot call me because I can't create a contact for myself in my account.
Second, if I log into the TV with a second account under my wife, I would need to log myself out otherwise if she calls me from her account, my TV xbox rings as I am still logged in.

Is that more clear

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No, it really isn't. "Create a contact for yourself in your account"? Do you just mean like adding new contacts or are you trying to add yourself as a contact on your own account (that's what it sounds like :p).

Rereading your original post though, I guess I understand it now. It feels like when I use Skype and my fiancee is also signed in, then if I her profile goes active and I go to skype again, it changes to her skype. She has never got a skype call there though, so I wouldn't know if they come through even if you account isn't active, but I suppose they do since you say it's the problem.

The easiest solution would be to sign yourself out, I can't figure out any other way to not have your profile ring too when they call you.

Or they could just reject the call coming to you using the controller? Not sure though if it's possible without actually opening Skype (and then it would switch the skype profile again..). It's a bit silly when I'm at home and someone Skype-calls me and I have 4 devices ringing here :D

Last edited:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Skype does not login when you login to your xbox live account. (not sure if there is a setting to make it do that) You have to first launch the skype app once and login, after the first time it should auto login on app launch. After that you should be able to receive calls no matter what you are doing. TV, netflix, gaming, etc.

Your wife has to do the same thing. Login to xbox live, launch skype, login to her skype account. use your xbox as you please.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Skype does not login when you login to your xbox live account. (not sure if there is a setting to make it do that) You have to first launch the skype app once and login, after the first time it should auto login on app launch. After that you should be able to receive calls no matter what you are doing. TV, netflix, gaming, etc.

Your wife has to do the same thing. Login to xbox live, launch skype, login to her skype account. use your xbox as you please.

I think it does if everything is associated. Xbox One logged me into EVERY app automatically (didn't ask to confirm or anything) and it got me really concerned. All I did was turn on Xbox One for the first time, downloaded the apps, and launch them (Hulu, Skype, Vudu, Netflix, Amazon Video)

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not too happy about it... But test it does auto logon..

You have to make your availability invisible to stop it... Same as windows 8,this is not always desired as it is across the board... I don't have anything to really hide, but I just like to be in control of when Skype is used and what device us using it... I may not even be are around... Anywho...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm mine certainly does not. Maybe ill try again, ive only used skype on my xbone once. But i have it on both of my PC's and Phone almost 100% of the time. When someone calls me my xbox never notifies me, but my phone and PC's all ring at the same time.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I got a call through yesterday just fine even if Skype wasn't launched. In fact, my dad ended up hanging up just as it connected cos it took a while to start the app and connect to the call :p

I use the Skype on Xbox One quite often, I have a ~6 month old daughter so my parents and my siblings like to see her on Skype every now and then :p And for this use the Kinect is really amazing, as opposed to be cramming me and the baby into the front facing camera of my Surface RT lol :p Not to mention the quality is so much better with Kinect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234