Xbox One Hardware Discussion

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting this thread to continue discussion on HW part of XboxOne. Original thread here -> http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/264625-konami-confirms-mgs5-720p-xbox-one-1080p-ps4.html

This is where all my hopes go:
1. Tiled Resources: exclusive for DX11.2 (Win 8.1, XboxOne)

Tiled Resources, exclusive to DirectX 11.2 (Windows 8.1 OS) & Microsoft Xbox One - YouTube

"Tiled Resources allows for significant enhancement of in-game textures by making it possible to simultaneously access GPU and traditional RAM memory and create a single large buffer where large textures can be stored. This technique was demonstrated with a model of Mars which displayed a 3 GB texture using just 16 MB of GPU memory!!!!".
2. full HSA APU support in DX11.2 supported by XboxOne, but not PS4.
3. optimizing XboxOne OS and re-allocating resources (multitasking, Kinect) to free up to 5-10%.

there really is some big potential on XboxOne, I hope we will see that already in exclusive titles coming out end of 2014. 1080p/30-60fps will deffinitely be standard on Xbox platform as well. We just need to wait. :)

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For the most parts it's just gibberish to me (I don't know if in english people say that "it's hebrew", but since I've actually had to study hebrew, I understand more of that than this :D), but anything that gets more results out of the Xbox One is a welcome addition to me! :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
For the most parts it's just gibberish to me (I don't know if in english people say that "it's hebrew", but since I've actually had to study hebrew, I understand more of that than this :D), but anything that gets more results out of the Xbox One is a welcome addition to me! :D

Yep, we say 'Looks like Hebrew' or the more common, "It's all Greek to me."

Which is funny, since once you get the alphabet down, Hebrew isn't really that hard of a language - well, at least not biblical Hebrew - very simple and straight to the point language. I say this after learning it, being pretty good at it in seminary, and not having used it in years ;)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, we say 'Looks like Hebrew' or the more common, "It's all Greek to me."

Which is funny, since once you get the alphabet down, Hebrew isn't really that hard of a language - well, at least not biblical Hebrew - very simple and straight to the point language. I say this after learning it, being pretty good at it in seminary, and not having used it in years ;)

Around here those aiming to be a priest have to study all 3 "biblical languages": hebrew, koinee greek and latin. Greek is typically considered the hardest, but I'd maybe say hebrew was the hardest for me, but the latin teacher we had was by far the worst while the greek teacher was superb. That said, I got the best grade out of all 3 languages, so I guess I can't say any of the three was that hard for me :D

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
DirectX 11.2 and tiled resources will be a game changer. Microsoft was very deceptive in how they built the Xbox One. The SDK isn't there yet but Microsoft clearly planned on combining DX11.2, tiled resources and ESRAM to create a texture pumping beast. Plus Microsoft has 300,000 servers for cloud computing. Pretty much every online multiplayer game can take advantage of this. What the Xbox One lacks in raw processing power it makes up with in tools that devs can use to create graphically amazing games. The video even shows how tiled resources can create incredibly realistic shadows using just 16MB of data. They used custom compression to reduce 36GB of data down to 3.5GBs. That's nothing short of insane!

It's all just a matter of time. Time for Microsoft to fully implement DX11.2 into the SDK. Time for the devs to learn and take advantage of it. Time for the games to hit the market. No one should really be worried about the Xbox One lacking power. It's all going to come together.

Here's a feature list for DX11.2.

DirectX programming (Windows)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro