Official Share your Twitch Stream Channel Thread

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Who else is excited to stream from their X1's?

I already stream using my Elgato from my 360, but to be able to stream straight from the box, just like the PS4 makes me happy.

Twitch.tv/nasbboyconz is my channel, and I'll be streaming ghosts tonight for the last time from my 360.

As of Mar11 it'll be Titanfall and Ghosts streams from my X1

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get it. I can't imagine anyone would be interested in watching me play video games, nor am I interested in watching other poeple play video games (except for when I'm specifically looking for a how-to in which case I youtube it)..

?????

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get it. I can't imagine anyone would be interested in watching me play video games, nor am I interested in watching other poeple play video games (except for when I'm specifically looking for a how-to in which case I youtube it)..

?????

There were those that once said –

I just don’t get it. I can’t imagine anyone would want to play video games with me from across the country, nor am I interested in playing video games ‘on-line’ with others. That’s what I have real friends for. Why would I play with anyone else?

I can see the potential of twitch and game streaming for the social aspects of it. Not so much about watching people playing video games – but possibly creating conversations that otherwise wouldn’t have occurred without the video game.

For me? I look forward to seeing if anyone would ‘watch’ me play on a channel called ‘Pastor plays games.’ I look forward to conversations I could have that probably wouldn’t have occurred because there are those that believe that because I’m a pastor, that I’m not a ‘real’ person and don’t do things that other ‘real’ people do. Or, because I’m a pastor and a Christian that I’m some crazy bible-thumping, eternal fire and damnation spewing mouth piece of a ‘god’ that hates all but those who can stand to sit in the flames of wrath – Sorry, that isn’t me nor the message that I proclaim or read of, this might give me an opportunity to better spread that message that I do know and love to share ;).

Who knows, it could blast off and be awesome – or totally bomb. Can’t do anything but at least try…

Sorry this message got a little ‘religiony’ but – I’m a pastor I can’t help it ;)

turbulent28

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Off topic:

NCXSTUD: After reading you sig and your comment about being a pastor it reminded me of the pasto who married my friend this weekend. During the ceremony he mentioned how the only thing those two had a difference in opinion was which phone was superior. She is a Iphone user, he is a Windows user. The pastor said: "let me solves this for everyone right now,.. Windows is better"

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is twitch.tv/xboxonthego3. I'll probably be streaming some more tonight. I streamed for my first time earlier! Had a total of of 5 people watching. Lol. I knew them all.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to see who is watching your stream? At least apart from waiting for them to say something in the chat box?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
i want to ask. on major nelson's blog, he is saying:
On your console:
Sign into your Xbox One console and download the Twitch app.
You can customize your picture-in-picture to broadcast both your gameplay and yourself through Kinect.
In your Profile, make sure your presence is set to “online”
In the Settings app under “Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast gameplay” is set to “Allow.”
Also in the Settings app under“ Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “Share content made using Kinect” is set to “Allow.”
In the Settings app under “Preference,” check “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR Uploads”
In the Settings app under “Kinect,” check “Kinect on” and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast check “Use Kinect microphone for chat.”

as I want to broadcast only desktop and not through Kinect, I expect I should skip these settings, right?
Also in the Settings app under“ Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “Share content made using Kinect” is set to “Allow.”
In the Settings app under “Kinect,” check “Kinect on” and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast check “Use Kinect microphone for chat.”

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You still have to make sure all those settings with the Kinect are good by default.

I believe you have to have the Kinect plugged in as well to stream.

However, in the twitch broadcast setup panel you can turn the camera and/or the mic off when streaming to get the desired stream you're asking about.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to bump this, is anyone still using Twitch at all? I asked a friend to set it up so I could watch him play and get a look at Forza 5, but he never did it. I thought I'd ask if any of the users here were streaming right now, so I could get a look.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to be able to stream on Twitch - but my internet connection can't handle it sadly :(. At least not with multiplayer games.

I really want WOW! (my ISP here in mid-Michigan) to upgrade their system here. They bought out Broadstripe who was our ISP when we moved here, but their (BS') infrastructure was so bad that they have to do a lot in order to get us in line with the rest of their system. Everyone else on WOW! can get up to 50MB down, with upload of 5... we in Mid-Michigan are stuck with only 15....with an upload of 1.5 which doesn't work that well for streaming AND playing multiplayer games...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte