The Official Titanfall Thread

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Titanfall Xbox One Bundle - $450 at Best Buy and Walmart

Hey everyone
Just a PSA for those interested in both Titanfall and the Xbox One... The Bundle that includes a free code for Titanfall is only $450 at both Best Buy and Walmart today ($50 bucks off!). I placed my order at Best Buy (I had $50 in rewards certificates - a steal for an XOne w/Titanfall for $400) on their website and chose in-store pickup to get it this afternoon.
Links are here:
Xbox One Titanfall Console Bundle: Consoles : Walmart.com
Titanfall Xbox One Console - Best Buy

The price won't show until it is in your cart, but that's a great deal in my opinion. Enjoy fellows!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Titanfall Xbox One Bundle - $450 at Best Buy and Walmart

Hey everyone
Just a PSA for those interested in both Titanfall and the Xbox One... The Bundle that includes a free code for Titanfall is only $450 at both Best Buy and Walmart today ($50 bucks off!). I placed my order at Best Buy (I had $50 in rewards certificates - a steal for an XOne w/Titanfall for $400) on their website and chose in-store pickup to get it this afternoon.
Links are here:
Xbox One Titanfall Console Bundle: Consoles : Walmart.com
Titanfall Xbox One Console - Best Buy

The price won't show until it is in your cart, but that's a great deal in my opinion. Enjoy fellows!

I had preordered for in-store pick-up on the 11th and was able to call and get credited the $50 difference.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Flagz, awesome post man (you're so good!) !

On a side note, does anyone else find it weird that MS is selling the XB1 at such a big discount compared to launch price? It's only been 4-5 months since launch and the XB1 can be bought for $399.
PS4 hasn't budged a cent since launch while the XB1 has had the Titanfall bundle, Forza bundle, $449 bundle and now a $399 default bundle. But then again, this is Microsoft, a company that has more capital funds then any other company in the world. If any company can afford to sell a console with a higher loss, its Microsoft. Games and stores are what make the money anyway... but.. its still worrisome IMO.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Flagz, awesome post man (you're so good!) !

On a side note, does anyone else find it weird that MS is selling the XB1 at such a big discount compared to launch price? It's only been 4-5 months since launch and the XB1 can be bought for $399.
PS4 hasn't budged a cent since launch while the XB1 has had the Titanfall bundle, Forza bundle, $449 bundle and now a $399 default bundle. But then again, this is Microsoft, a company that has more capital funds then any other company in the world. If any company can afford to sell a console with a higher loss, its Microsoft. Games and stores are what make the money anyway... but.. its still worrisome IMO.

Not that weird, considering how cheap the PS4 ended up being, most likely just for competetive reasons. They had the advantage of spilling their beans later, which (I believe) also lead to them removing the PS Eye-thingie from the basic console when they saw the backlash about Kinect. Xbox One sells at a higher profit margin than PS4, so they can also afford slicing the price a bit now too. Quite smart perhaps, since during launch its obvious that consoles sell even with high prices :p

And yea, like you said, Microsoft has no problems bleeding a bit money per console sale to improve install base, while Sony as a whole has been bleeding money for so long that if it wasnt for PS3 and PS4, they'd likely be bankrupt by now.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, loaded up Titanfall for the first time tonight. I am not impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the graphics and sound are awesome, but for a person that isn't into FPS's, online only sucks. I think I died more times than I fired bullets. My team was probably relieved when I logged out.

They really should have an option to play through the campaign offline. IDK how your supposed to get better when your getting one shoted every time you turn a corner.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, loaded up Titanfall for the first time tonight. I am not impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the graphics and sound are awesome, but for a person that isn't into FPS's, online only sucks. I think I died more times than I fired bullets. My team was probably relieved when I logged out.

They really should have an option to play through the campaign offline. IDK how your supposed to get better when your getting one shoted every time you turn a corner.

I totally uunderstand how you feel. I'm keeping at it... I figure I will just have to improve. But yes, being target practice for others kinda stinks right now haha.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the warning. As a recreational player, I have no desire to play an online-only game against a bunch of people who play round-the-clock.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine is telling me the first couple of missions are supposed to be stacked against you and that once you hit level 5 or so, it gets more balanced.... Will just have to grind out the "target practice" levels to see if this holds true.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine is telling me the first couple of missions are supposed to be stacked against you and that once you hit level 5 or so, it gets more balanced.... Will just have to grind out the "target practice" levels to see if this holds true.

I don't really know if there's any truth in that. He probably just had some "bad luck" with matchmaking during the first matches. Obviously the system can't know everyone's skill levels if they've pretty much all just launched the game.

I have a friend that comes over to play Titanfall quite often. He has like 50k gamerscore from 360 and he has played a lot of CoD in the past, while I've never played FPS games on a console before (alot on PCs though). Despite I have far more experience in Titanfall than him, it's so easy to see how he aims so much better than me. I typically end up with better scores than him though cos I know the game much better than he does, but like said, I would probably lose every 1v1 shootout against him if we were in such situation :p?

But obviously the more experience you get, the better you get. In Titanfall I think the single best tip is to go out of your way and almost AVOID just running on the street level. In Titanfall the vertical dimension is pretty much the most important when it comes to infantry gameplay. The other important tip is that try not to stop and aim around too much, KEEP MOVING! This is very related to the two earlier points, but don't just run in the first door available. Take the 2nd door window and catch the people by surprise. That's what makes camping in this game quite hard, you never know where will they come as opposed to most FPS games when the doors are typically the only options. For breaching buildings arc nades are really great cos if you hit the defending person, they won't be able to see a damn thing. That said, I guess with a frag you might've just killed em, but still :p Obviously if you don't have much experience in online FPSs, you probably will get outshot for a while, but Titan-gameplay is very different. For me Titan gameplay is much stronger than infantry gameplay. It's not uncommon at all that when the round ends, I'm still in my first titan (which is also the Stryder, which is by far the lowest armored Titan, but the most mobile) and I have like 16-1. Recently I've been trying to intentionally reduce my time in a Titan so that I could get better in infantry gameplay.

Just stick at it and keep playing, when you sorta "get" a few things about the game and how it works, you might see a lot of development in yourself. It's also important to find a weapon that suits for you. I for one still have very hard time aiming at long distances with the low magnification optics. I just keep overaiming the target and I might land 0 hits by the time the target has already killed me :D So for me I try to keep most encounters at short to medium ranges.

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Played Titanfall last night with 4 other friends - that was the most fun I've had in a long time. Lots of fun. Our last game we had 4 guys who were hoarding their titan burn cards. We decided to use them as soon as that last match of Attrition started. When you start an attrition map with an Atlas, Stryder, and Ogre titan on your side - you're not really going to end up losing.

Being able to coordinate like that was great. Playing with people you know and working together makes any and every game so much more fun.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to new game modes, weapons and hopefully customization options. I hope they add a few Pilot only playlist, and a few Skill based ranked playlist. I love the game but its gonna burn me out if there's no ranked playlist (Halo Style). That's one of the few reasons I dislike Call of Duty. Its easy to MAX the weapons, and the challenges just aren't that challenging. Either way I'm going to be playing this for at least months to come.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to new game modes, weapons and hopefully customization options. I hope they add a few Pilot only playlist, and a few Skill based ranked playlist. I love the game but its gonna burn me out if there's no ranked playlist (Halo Style). That's one of the few reasons I dislike Call of Duty. Its easy to MAX the weapons, and the challenges just aren't that challenging. Either way I'm going to be playing this for at least months to come.

Did you see they lowered the pilot eject requirement for Gen6 from 50 down to 5?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Did you see they lowered the pilot eject requirement for Gen6 from 50 down to 5?

Thank God for that. I think it isn't THAT bad, but I think the generation to which it's a requirement is way off. That is easily the hardest/most effort out of all the requirements for different gens. Should've kept the 50 goosers as a Gen 9 -> 10 requirement. Or if they had to cut it, it should've been much more than 5. 25 at a higher gen would've been pretty good balance, I feel.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, good for people who are struggling. As much as I raged though, I wish they didn't patch it. Looking forward to what special recognition ima get for actually completing it though.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, good for people who are struggling. As much as I raged though, I wish they didn't patch it. Looking forward to what special recognition ima get for actually completing it though.

I see all kinds of people stuck on Gen5 50 and I know it has to be for the Goosers. I won't have to worry about it though.. I'm still suck on plain old 48. I need to play more! I'm glad they are giving people some recognition for having done it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel