The Official Titanfall Thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that will apply for a lot of future challenges too. That's one reason why team full of high gen people will often still lose rounds against team full of gen 1s :p

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just wait until the next one where you have to use the RE-45 to kill 50 pilots...you want to talk about feeling useless in a battle...
This is why I love this game, all the weapons are so balanced that people have preferences! I normally use a carbine as the primary and my RE45 as a secondary, but I almost always have the RE45 for closer and mid range. I feel it's such a powerful weapon!! :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wait until the next one where you have to use the RE-45 to kill 50 pilots...you want to talk about feeling useless in a battle...

Haha. I've decided that I'm staying in Gen3 until I unlock every weapon mod and get that achievement.

There is no way I'm doing the railgun twice. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a hard time getting the kills with the autopistol. It's a bit hard to aim with it though cos it feels like it jumps and muzzle flashes so much that I sometimes cant see the enemy under it, but that was one of the fastest challenges done for me :p

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Damn, Triple Threat is actually a beast of a weapon. I rarely see them and figured it probably sucks and people only use it for the challenge. It's not that fun to play, no, but it just rapes both pilots and titans. Especially with a Stryder where you can quickly get close and then take some distance again, hitting with all 3 nades does a crapton of damage to titans. Quite often I dash in, punch them in the face and then shoot 3 nades at them and typically they are close enough that they also get hit by all three.

Just in the Colony map I was just blindly spamming those nades aiming at the sky and I was getting kills all the time lol :D

Maxing Brain Surgeon to get to Gen 7 will likely take a while. They should change it so that if you doom a titan while you rodeo, that counts. But it seems you have to be the last one to deal damage before the Titan explodes/ejects after it's doomed. That's quite random and annoying.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Brain Surgeon is just broken. Sometimes it registers as a "Rodeo" kill, the other half it registers as your weapon kill. If you doom the Titan that kill is yours though.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Brain Surgeon is just broken. Sometimes it registers as a "Rodeo" kill, the other half it registers as your weapon kill. If you doom the Titan that kill is yours though.

Oh well, my natural playstyle is quite rodeo heavy, so I suppose it comes sooner or later. Just that I never stick around after I doom it though cos there's really no reason to except if you want to get killed :p But luckily the LMG challenges are in the same gen, so a slammer LMG will make Brain Surgeon easier too.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm at level 37 of Gen 2, trying to get the Pilot Hunter Acheivement. I hate this game type SOOOOO much.

Pilot Hunter aint that bad, I mean you just play it like Attrition but by ignoring the AI! :D

I'd still have the CTF and LTS achievements to go, but I doubt I will ever bother getting them.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just doing them all as I go. I never ignore the creeps because they're good for dropping your build time, but the games are SO lopsided. For all the talk of a great, balanced matchmaking experience, Titanfall is probably near the bottom in that respect. I am CONSTANTLY getting thrown into games where ym team is down by double-digits, with one being 8-38 yesterday. Lobby balance is hard to come by in Pilot Hunter, but Attrition didn't seem nearly as bad.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe the new matchmaking is only in place for Attrition and Hardpoint anyways. Which is also why it takes much longer to find games for them than most other gamemodes.

Obviously sometimes you end up in those games where one side dominates, I guess I've been lucky that it hasnt been too often (or I've been on the dominating side :p)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, I finally reached Gen 10. A few observations I want to share from this post.

1) Weapon Balance - Believe it or not, Weapons are EXTREMELY balanced. The Carbine has a but to much range and the satchels blast radius is a bit to high. Other than that the Weapon are pretty much balanced and serve their purpose pretty well. If you're getting out gunned most of the time, then you're probably just not as good as them.

2) The Challenges - Oh God what can I say. These are time consuming. Seriously the only up side is to grind them for the next Gen. They included them in the ranking system for a reason - skill. If you can honestly grind these challenges out then you'll realize you became a better player by the end of it. Ask for any tips

3) Matchmaking Balance - This has only being used on two playlist so far but I think its wonderful. Repsawn said they plan on releasing a real skill based ranking system sometime in the future, bur for now this is the best we get. In Attrition and Hardpoint you'll get matched up with players who have a similar W/L (skill) as you. This leads to some intense nail biting games, but doesn't come without faults. If I play with someone who has a significant lower skill rank than me, then the game tends to be unfair to them. Leads to a bad system for playing with casual friends. Also, I think Pilot Hunter should have replaced Attrition in this case.

4) The Maps - Maps in this game are alot larger and more complex then they appear. I'm still finding new shortcuts and tactical spots to position myself.

I'm in my phone so I can't write to much, but all in all this is one of the most well structured and balanced FPS I ever played. Always willing to play with fellow users.

GT: the teams Flag

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
With all this talk of bad matchmaking all i have to say is.

CARRY HARDER.

throw them nubs on your back and GO.

Sadly, this game is not made for that to be consistently possible. I could do that all day in CoD, and I could do it most times on Halo, but Titanfall makes it too hard. It's very fast-paced, and the maps are really big, so you can't keep up with all of the idiots. On top of that, when you get thrown into a partially-over game, it's often a case where the other team has 2-3 more titans, and you have some teammate who is 0-11 or something stupid.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, this game is not made for that to be consistently possible. I could do that all day in CoD, and I could do it most times on Halo, but Titanfall makes it too hard. It's very fast-paced, and the maps are really big, so you can't keep up with all of the idiots. On top of that, when you get thrown into a partially-over game, it's often a case where the other team has 2-3 more titans, and you have some teammate who is 0-11 or something stupid.

I overlooked your name I the "Add for Titanfall" thread didn't I? Not sure if I played with you, and I don't know our skill gap, but I know it IS possible to consistently carry. I rarely lose games (unless going for challenges). Attrition I can pull 90-150 points, CTF I can cap consistently (3-4 caps). LTS I have a problem with, but I know it's possible (I have friends who get an average of 11 titan kills). Pilot Hunter is simple and Hardpoint is the hardest.

I never played Call of Duty, but in Halo the skill gap is similar - easy to carry people.

Titanfall is such an easy game if you're into playing competitively.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if you skipped me. I've not been in a single party for any game since I got my console though (was going to play Forza with a friend, but I had to do the tutorial stuff). I've been trying to eat throguh the excessive number of Burn Cards I have right now, while working on the Pilot Hunter Achievement, and it's been sketchy. I get mostly stuck with total garbage, to the point I lost a match in where I went positive (don't remember the actual K/D) and killed 10 titans. I was pissed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte