The Official Titanfall Thread

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Picked this up today, anyone else rocking it?
I picked up one when I bought the One. I love how that thing looks.

On an unrelated note, it took me a while, but I finally got my 5th "gooser" kill. Couldn't hit the guy falling right for me with the gun, so I ended up randomly punching and got him before he hit the ground. In hindsight, I wish I had recorded that but I didn't even realize it counted until after the game. I don't know how people hit the 50 goosers. I played more Last Titan Standing than I certainly wanted to, and I only got to 5. Seriously impressed with anyone who hit that 50 mark before they changed it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is something I'm gonna throw out there. I'm currently working on the "Unlock Everything" achievement.. which is unlocking all the titan and pilot weapon attachments. I just have the Spitfire and CAR left, and the Titan Railgun. I decided to do that achivement during my Gen3 because that is the Railgun requirement one and no way I'm going to go through that twice.

Anyway, my question is, now that I've almost gone through and about unlocked everything, what is really my motivation to regenerate and start all over? Other then pride? I'm really just a casual player so it's not like I'm gonna get to a high level.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Here is something I'm gonna throw out there. I'm currently working on the "Unlock Everything" achievement.. which is unlocking all the titan and pilot weapon attachments. I just have the Spitfire and CAR left, and the Titan Railgun. I decided to do that achivement during my Gen3 because that is the Railgun requirement one and no way I'm going to go through that twice.

Anyway, my question is, now that I've almost gone through and about unlocked everything, what is really my motivation to regenerate and start all over? Other then pride? I'm really just a casual player so it's not like I'm gonna get to a high level.

haha im still in the first gen and having this problem... I'm not sure I'll ever reset.

Just hit level 42 last night :p.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I only prestiged in BO2 once because it was an Achievement. However, it's an Achievement to get to Gen 10 in Titanfall, so I will be doing it.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Its really just for bragging rights, no other point really. I'm going to keep going once they release more generations. Just need them bragging rights.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Finally had the time to push the last brain surgeon-kills to get to Gen 7. This is where I'll stop genning. Now I'll just start working on the unlock everything to get teh achievement eventually, but yeh, this time I will just stay at 50 cos I like the emblem of gen 7 the most and I dont feel like I need the bragging rights of Gen 10 :p Maybe if there was an achievement with GS I might go for Gen 10, but meh :p

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Finally had the time to push the last brain surgeon-kills to get to Gen 7. This is where I'll stop genning. Now I'll just start working on the unlock everything to get teh achievement eventually, but yeh, this time I will just stay at 50 cos I like the emblem of gen 7 the most and I dont feel like I need the bragging rights of Gen 10 :p Maybe if there was an achievement with GS I might go for Gen 10, but meh :p

I think I'll be on 3 for a while. Just have one more gun to unlock everything on and I'll have that achievement, but I've been ignoring the Rail Gun, so I have like 35 more Titan kills. :)

I'd use it more, but when I get playing with a good group I would rather do all I can to contribute to win the game instead of work on that challenge. I'm sure I'll gen up from 3 because I don't want to look like the noob that I am stuck on Gen3 50. :)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Those brain surgeons are WONKY. At the end of it, my Rodeo kills I Stats jumped up 85ish by the end of it. It only registered 60% of them as a Rodeo Kill.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll be on 3 for a while. Just have one more gun to unlock everything on and I'll have that achievement, but I've been ignoring the Rail Gun, so I have like 35 more Titan kills. :)

I'd use it more, but when I get playing with a good group I would rather do all I can to contribute to win the game instead of work on that challenge. I'm sure I'll gen up from 3 because I don't want to look like the noob that I am stuck on Gen3 50. :)

Yeah Im hoping to get EVERYTHING done before the new Generations come out, just so I can record me doing EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE! In all honesty though, I dint think I'll do it, I can barely do Unlock Everything. I hate switching weapons especially Titan Weapons.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Im hoping to get EVERYTHING done before the new Generations come out, just so I can record me doing EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE! In all honesty though, I dint think I'll do it, I can barely do Unlock Everything. I hate switching weapons especially Titan Weapons.

New generations? They actually planning on doing that?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
New generations? They actually planning on doing that?
I can say with 99% certainty that they will. A friend at PAX said he asked Drew McCoy after the panel if they plan on increasing Generation Cap and he said YES. Hasn't been announced officially, but neither has Wingman LTS (2v2 Last Titan Standing), any Rift Playlist (Elite Attrition, etc) or Spectator Mode and those were all discussed at PAX as well during the Panel.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm 9 Spectres away from the unlock everything!!! After that I guess I'm gonna have to just suck it up and get my Rail Gun titan kills.

Maybe you all know this, but I discovered a cool way to Titan crush other titans. I've tried out the Warp fall transmitter (I think that is the name) which lowers a titanfall from 6 seconds to 3 seconds. (1) Rodeo a Titan (2) When the pilot gets out to kill you, (3) aim down and call in your Titan (4) Jump off and watch it smash the Titan and possibly the pilot.

I'll admit I've only tried it for a few games but I got a death by titanfall 3 out of the first 5 times. It doesn't always seem to call it in the right spot but I suppose I could jump off then call it in.

The only downside is I have to give up my Minion Detector, which I love during Attrition to rack up the points.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's something that's still up for heavy debate. Many like the 40MM Cannon, but I personally am not accurate with it, so I hate it. Others like the Quad Rocket, I think it's OK (though I'm just now trying Rapid Fire and think it's a nice attachment). IDK if people like the Arc Cannon, or just take it for challenges/the Achievement. Most everyone agrees that the Plasma Railgun is trash. For me, I'm big on the Chaingun. I like it with either the Accelerator (great for longer fights, having it ramp up in speed and have 150 rounds) or the Extended Mag (nice accuracy and 90 rounds). Either way, my answer is Chaingun, but I think that the consensus pick is the 40MM.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For me, the best Titan weapon depends on what I'm trying to shoot. For taking down other Titans, I like the 40MM. For taking out pilots and minions, the chain gun. In either case, I like the cluster missile because it does solid damage to a Titan, and can pick off some pesky pilots that are hiding inside buildings where guns can't reach them.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I used to love the 40mm. It was a little overpowered and they lowered it's ammo after the first patch. It's still pretty sweet gun. I find myself using the chaingun the most. I'm undecided if the accelerator or the extended clip is the best. I had fun with the triple threat when I was trying to unlock it. Pretty powerful but you need to be close. I can't think of the name, but I use the multi lock on missiles and it seems to do me ok.

Flagz seems to love the Arc cannon combined with a Strider. I think he talked about it some posts up.. I've seen it in person, he's pretty good with it. I'm not that good, but I do use it every so often. It can really mow through minions in attrition.

The rail gun is way powerful, but it's crap if it's just you and another titan. If you are standing next to a buddy with a chaingun, you can really rip into Titans. I wonder if it will be used on the 2v2 LTS games that are rumored?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Most of them are fairly viable. My go-to options are typically Chaingun with Accelerator and Arc Cannon (more of a fun-choise, usually for attrition). Either way, I always use the Stryder. I think the weapon's strength often depends on the Titan chassis you use too. Certain weapons just benefit more from the mobility of the Stryder, for example.

40mm is something you can't go wrong with and might just be the best weapon overall, although I'm not a huge fan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte