The Official Titanfall Thread

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Take small video with Xbox Record Function, screen cap the stat page within TF (that's shows how much you completed on everything) and if its all 100% ill make Respawn aware via Twitter & Forums.

Thanks. I did a recording that is under my Live account called "all the hardware achievement?" That shows my stat page.

This is a screenshot of my Smartglass app that shows it locked, but at 100%

I'm gonna regen because I crushed those railgun kills and I don't want to look like some goof stuck on Gen 3. :)

wp1.jpg

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'm reading the changelog for tomorrow, not very impressed. For starters, I don't ever think I'll feel good about spending $10 for 3 maps, it just seems like a bad deal. Even if you get the Season Pass, it's looking like it's $25 for 9 maps, or $2.78. DLC just always seems like such a rip-off...especially since we've gotten 0 of those alleged new game types and Killzone: Shadow Fall's devs said that maps were going to be free in that game.

That, and it really sucks how they're going to change the win/loss credit.

"Match win/loss credit - Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard."

If they're going to do this, they need to DRASTICALLY improve the matchmaking. Heck, it needs to be like the Halo: Reach matchmaking, where you cannot join an in-progress game. Having a loss counted against me because the world's worst matchmaking system thought that putting me in a game where we're down 0-5 in CtF was smart is going to be infuriating...especially when it does something similar about 7 times in an hour, like it did last week.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Granted, I mostly play Attrition - but I haven't hit those crazy matchmaking results that you seem to have had issues with Keith.

I was disappointed that the new DLC wasn't up this morning (around 7:30 EST - though the playlist for Expedition - Variety Pack is 'clickable') after I'd gotten ready for work and before I left. I was looking forward to trying it out a bit before heading to Synod Assembly later today. Oh well. I believe it should be available now...

I still really like this game - even when my team is getting destroyed :). Though, I'm at Generation 5 now. I can already tell its going to take me awhile to get those Gooser challenges. I am not good at that part of the game. Haha. I think out of almost 60 hours played, I have ONE ejection kill. ONE! I'm one of those who are very happy that that challenge was knocked down quite a bit.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I have something like 8 Gooser kills over my lifetime, but I'm still back in Gen 4 (haven't played in a couple of weeks). I was working on the Charge Rifle, which seemed really uninterested in giving me credit for crits.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think I have something like 8 Gooser kills over my lifetime, but I'm still back in Gen 4 (haven't played in a couple of weeks). I was working on the Charge Rifle, which seemed really uninterested in giving me credit for crits.

I found the best way to be rodeoing enemy titans. Charge Rifle is not an explosive so it doesn't hurt you like other anti-titan weapons when rodeod. However, the titan needs to have 0 shields, otherwise you won't get crits (as crits can only happen if there are no shields) so either you have to wait till the titan is at 0 shields or you just jump on and hope that someone else puts it at 0 shields. I found a good way to have arc nades at ready and throw them as you approach, they do a lot of damage to shields. But after you are rodeoing and they are at 0 shields, pretty much every shot you get off will be a crit.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Titanfall Expedition?!?! Who's in???

Just played each new map once. All seem pretty solid, but it's hard to do good when I dont know the maps at all yet :p Generally speaking a bit rusty too when I've been mostly playing Thief lately to finish it up before Watch Dogs.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I found the best way to be rodeoing enemy titans. Charge Rifle is not an explosive so it doesn't hurt you like other anti-titan weapons when rodeod. However, the titan needs to have 0 shields, otherwise you won't get crits (as crits can only happen if there are no shields) so either you have to wait till the titan is at 0 shields or you just jump on and hope that someone else puts it at 0 shields. I found a good way to have arc nades at ready and throw them as you approach, they do a lot of damage to shields. But after you are rodeoing and they are at 0 shields, pretty much every shot you get off will be a crit.

Yeah, it's just that Electric Smoke is so common that it's a bit of a pain to attempt. I was going to use that strategy at the start, but I got mad after getting smoked off 75% of the time, so I tried the sniping option. I think I'm at about 8.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's just that Electric Smoke is so common that it's a bit of a pain to attempt. I was going to use that strategy at the start, but I got mad after getting smoked off 75% of the time, so I tried the sniping option. I think I'm at about 8.

Hmmh, I still think Vortex Shield is a far more common option. Although sometimes I do get into lobbies where it seems everyone and their moms have Electric Smoke. But at least if a few of them have it, you learn pretty fast which ones to not mount.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm admittedly tempted to buy the Season Pass because I have the Bing Rewards to get it free, but I also want to save those point to buy the upcoming pool game in June...

I just bought it... and I'm horrible at this game.

​I did it so that I could give you all a nice target to shoot at in all those new levels.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just played each new map once. All seem pretty solid, but it's hard to do good when I dont know the maps at all yet :p Generally speaking a bit rusty too when I've been mostly playing Thief lately to finish it up before Watch Dogs.

Hmmh, I still think Vortex Shield is a far more common option. Although sometimes I do get into lobbies where it seems everyone and their moms have Electric Smoke. But at least if a few of them have it, you learn pretty fast which ones to not mount.

What's all this crazy talk about "know the maps" and "learn pretty fast which ones to not mount"?

I still don't "know" any of the current maps. I just run around and hope for the best.

And I don't study other teams to see who has what.

And I'm sure that those two things have nothing to do with why I'm bad at this game. Nada. :sweaty:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to study the other teams. It's just if you see smoke coming out of a titan when you jump on it, get off. The smoke kills you.

What's with all this politically correct stuff? Smoking kills. Bah! I'm going... cough.. to stay... cough... on thi.... ack...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs