The Official Titanfall Thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say it, bur I got bored of Titanfall once I got G2 LV 5. The game is just to monotonous. And it needed a real campaign...

Not any more so than any other multiplayer FPS like this, but I suppose you don't primarly play these anyways. You would've played the campaign a max hour or two, would've been a half assed story (compared to a real story driven game) and you would still be just as bored by G2 lvl 5.

I still think this game kicks *** and it doesn't get boring for me cos it's an online FPS.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to study the other teams. It's just if you see smoke coming out of a titan when you jump on it, get off. The smoke kills you.

Yeah but you can save yourself the effort by not mounting them at all if you know that player X has smoke anyways :D

Map knowledge does go pretty far though, I'm doing pretty bad on these new levels for now cos I don't really know where to expect people at all or where to go, so I just run around and get shot (in the back).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not any more so than any other multiplayer FPS like this, but I suppose you don't primarly play these anyways. You would've played the campaign a max hour or two, would've been a half assed story (compared to a real story driven game) and you would still be just as bored by G2 lvl 5.

I still think this game kicks *** and it doesn't get boring for me cos it's an online FPS.

Well, I'm glad you still like it. I'm not trying to convince anyone that the game gets boring. Everyone has their opinion. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Gears and Halo are two series that don't have short half-assed campaigns and still have awesome multiplayer. I think those are starting to be the exception to the rule.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The new companion app is super awesome, although it almost feels like cheating with that big real time map. This is how companion apps should be made!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but you can save yourself the effort by not mounting them at all if you know that player X has smoke anyways :D

Map knowledge does go pretty far though, I'm doing pretty bad on these new levels for now cos I don't really know where to expect people at all or where to go, so I just run around and get shot (in the back).

Ehh, I don't let Smoke deter me. I just jump, make him pop it, wait 5 seconds, and mount him outside of the Smoke again.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Gears and Halo are two series that don't have short half-assed campaigns and still have awesome multiplayer. I think those are starting to be the exception to the rule.

I think it's always been an exception to the rule. But I think it's easy to tell which game has primary focus on what. I see GoW and even Halo first and foremost as single player games. CoD and BF for example I see mostly as MP focused games.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The new maps are AMAZING. Love it. And this whole thing about electric smoke is hilarious from a third persons opinion. Haha. If you see they throw smoke when you mount just jump off and use your Anti Titan Weapon and you get some free damage, & scare them out. If your to skilled and can't do that just hop off and put yourself in a good position to mount once smoke has dispersed.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's always been an exception to the rule. But I think it's easy to tell which game has primary focus on what. I see GoW and even Halo first and foremost as single player games. CoD and BF for example I see mostly as MP focused games.

Well, I do enjoy the campaigns of COD and BF. :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got a chance to play the new maps and the new update. All around very good! I think so far - my favorite is Runoff with War Games a close second - mostly because of the neat effects when you frag an opponent - they just dissolve away since its all a training exercise. Its a nice touch.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Finally got a chance to play the new maps and the new update. All around very good! I think so far - my favorite is Runoff with War Games a close second - mostly because of the neat effects when you frag an opponent - they just dissolve away since its all a training exercise. Its a nice touch.
I think how the game starts is also a nice touch.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing alot the last few days. Honestly, the Xbox Kids are pretty beast despite me walking over almost anything. The PC kids are so bad that it was boring.

Don't get me wrong sometimes I throw on Barbie Girl or Spice girls and easily not try and land in first on the Xbox, but they seem more competitive.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Been also playing more again recently, sort of due to finishing many other games on the to-do list so I've had more time for Titanfall :p Still slowly working on unlocking everything.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing alot the last few days. Honestly, the Xbox Kids are pretty beast despite me walking over almost anything. The PC kids are so bad that it was boring.

Don't get me wrong sometimes I throw on Barbie Girl or Spice girls and easily not try and land in first on the Xbox, but they seem more competitive.

This post reads like an "Xbox Kid" posted it. "Beast," is not an adjective, people.

I've been playing Civ V, that's about it. Otherwise, finished the last (half-)season of Warehouse 13 and caught up on The Legend of Korra. Still have Falling Skies to catch up on, and maybe I'll finish Quantum Leap (a bit less than 2 season left on that) someday.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This post reads like an "Xbox Kid" posted it. "Beast," is not an adjective, people.

I've been playing Civ V, that's about it. Otherwise, finished the last (half-)season of Warehouse 13 and caught up on The Legend of Korra. Still have Falling Skies to catch up on, and maybe I'll finish Quantum Leap (a bit less than 2 season left on that) someday.

That's because I am an Xbox Kid. Hell even our professional commentators at events talk like Xbox Kids. Hell, I play with 28-30 year old ex-professionals who'll be the first to say "Beast" and "Scrub" lol. I am proud to be one of those "Beast" Xbox kids. ;)

Also no offence because I like your informative post and your aggressive attitude, but why did you post all that info in the official Titanfall thread?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess it's time to upgrade my video card... The latest update broke Titanfall for me! (PC) I've been running it at 1080p with high settings just fine on my old GTX 295 card and was just getting ready to buy the new maps, when the latest update killed it. The graphics are all screwy and the game is un-playable. I'm finally going to need some real DX11 hardware.

*sigh* goodbye GTX295.. You were a good card!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb