What Are You Playing Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Of course I'm playing Titanfall. :wink:

Before that I was playing Strider. I still have to finish it, actually. Starts a tad slow but it does get really good. The combat is awesome and the levels are well designed. A pretty good game for $15.

I'm also playing through Walking Dead Season 2 episode 2. I downloaded but haven't gotten a chance to play. Along the same lines, I'm also playing The Wolf Among Us.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Arma 3

Excellent games if you like huge skill cap and constant communication.

Wasted lots of time on those two games, but i don't regret it, improved my "vocal" English ALOT and understood what "team work" means in practice

It's a sin not to try one of those two games if you're PC gamer

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
On mobile, i've been playing a LOT of Temple Run 2. Really enjoying it for some reason.. I suppose i've been on an Xbox Achievements run where i'm trying to get achievements and buy Xbox titles.

On home console and PC, all I've really had time for is PS4 FIFA 14. loving it and I don't think i'll be stopping playing any time soon. I have pretty much played it every year without fail - sometimes even competitively in FIFA Interactive World Cup!

would love to hear from more of you WPCentraler's!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just bought Titanfall for the PC after I realized I could run it on my slightly old DirectX 10 card. (GTX 295 dual GPU)
I had my doubts that it would run after the developers who made Call of Duty Ghosts (Infinity Ward) decided to cut us DX10 hardware users off and require DirectX 11 hardware only to run.
I figured the same would apply to all newer titles from that point forward, but no.. Titanfall runs great on my dated hardware and has surprisingly low hardware requirements!
The 48GB install (compared to the Xbox One's 17GB install) took forever though... on the PC version, the game installs all the audio from the game uncompressed to free up CPU and other resources for running the game.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So now even though Titanfall does run on my system with medium settings, I'm even more wanting a new video card (like a GTX 780) to really be able to crank these settings up! That, and I still want to play COD Ghosts...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
So now even though Titanfall does run on my system with medium settings, I'm even more wanting a new video card (like a GTX 780) to really be able to crank these settings up! That, and I still want to play COD Ghosts...

can you tell whether you're on a 32 bit or a 64 bit pc ? I have a 32 bit laptop, and am confused whether i would run titanfall or not. I had read somewhere that a guy tested it working on a 32 bit pc with 4gb ram running xp (stupid, 32 bit cant handle more than 3.2gb ram). I am on a 3gb ram win8.1 32bit. Any chances it would install and run ? (i dont care about performance)

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward in my 3DS XL. Sometimes i get tired to play FPS or western action games, so this japanese adventure-puzzle game is quite refreshing for me.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
can you tell whether you're on a 32 bit or a 64 bit pc ? I have a 32 bit laptop, and am confused whether i would run titanfall or not. I had read somewhere that a guy tested it working on a 32 bit pc with 4gb ram running xp (stupid, 32 bit cant handle more than 3.2gb ram). I am on a 3gb ram win8.1 32bit. Any chances it would install and run ? (i dont care about performance)
I'm running a 64bit system:

Intel Corei7 920 quad core
EVGA X58 SLI LE m/b
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 295 dual GPU DirectX 10 card
150GB WD Velociraptor 10k rpm SATA
1TB WD Black SATA
Thermal take BlackWidow 800w PS
Coolermaster HAF 932 case w/3 233mm fans!

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm running a 64bit system:

Intel Corei7 920 quad core
EVGA X58 SLI LE m/b
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
BFG NVidia GeForce GTX 295 dual GPU DirectX 10 card
150GB WD Velociraptor 10k rpm SATA
1TB WD Black SATA
Thermal take BlackWidow 800w PS
Coolermaster HAF 932 case w/3 233mm fans!

i dont have a chance of getting half of the framerate you get ;) but I'd like if someone could tell if he/she tried testing titanfall on a 32bit pc :) (sorry for off-topic :) )

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing Fallout New Vegas with some mods. Currently doing Old World Blues dlc. Game has lots of content and no doubt I'm enjoying it.

Occasionally hop on for Titanfall on PC when I get the chance. BTW Ed, I have a 780 and i love it. I'd recommend it ;)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Occasionally hop on for Titanfall on PC when I get the chance. BTW Ed, I have a 780 and i love it. I'd recommend it ;)
I tried playing around with some of the video settings to see just how "high" I could get it to run on my GTX295. Pretty much have to run everything on medium for it to be playable. I can't use Anti Aliasing at all as it doesn't display the textures with it enabled (wire frame). So yeah, I'm definitely in the market for a new vid card.. maybe in a few more months when the newest cards come out, the 780 will drop in price a little. I'm kinda hoping for a little less than $300.. what sucks is back when I bought this 295, it was Nvidia's flagship card, I paid like $650 for it... Ughhh
Who really has the money to buy their flagship cards now? $1000 Titan cards? Not me! The "mid-range" GTX 780s seem like they're right up my alley....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That 295 seems to have served you well enough for quite a while. You got some good mileage from it. I was running a GTX 460 for quite a while and wasn't sure i wanted to drop so much money on a graphics card. But when I saw it came with AC: Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman Arkham Origins, i thought it was a good deal and decided to just get it. I think it was good value in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786