Xbox One controller charger

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I was recently in the market for an Xbox One controller charging system and tried two. The solution Microsoft provides with the charge and play battery as well as a spontaneous purchase I made at Best Buy.

Product One: Microsoft - Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One - $24.99 for just one battery

9008298_rc.jpg

Product Two: Insignia? - Dual-Controller Charger for Xbox One - $24.99 for two batteries and charging stand

2352071_rc.jpg

I was super hesitant in purchasing the Insignia charger but I am incredibly happy I did! Surprisingly good build quality, easy to get the controller to charge (no messing with it like those crappy Wii-mote chargers). And the price for it is way better than Microsoft's solution! Definitely something for you guys to try for yourself! It even has lights on the front to tell you when the battery is fully charged!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reviews. Can you notice any sort of dramatic difference in life? As in you can get 20 hours out of the MS one and 10 out of the Insignia or you never notice because you are constantly charging the Insignia when you aren't playing?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I did not use the Microsoft battery long enough to really tell, and yes you guessed it. Haha I just sit my controller on the Insignia stand when not using it!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com: Nyko Power Kit Plus - Xbox One: Video Games

That's the one I was considering. 20 hours of life isn't too great (I think Microsoft's 360 ones claimed 24 hours), but I can live with it if I get 2 batteries and a cable for $12.

those look like they are getting some pretty negative reviews with respect the longevity of them. But 2 for $12...even if they only last half as long you are still breaking even, haha.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the official Xbox play and charge kit. Got a great battery life out of it. Although, it is not cheap. To be fair, the original Duracell batteries, that game with my second controller, lasted ages too.

I am hoping to pick up some Venom ones, had two sets for the 360, worked well and were dead cheap. ?9 from Asda. Not seen them for the One yet though.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the Nyko charger for 360 (only because insignia doesn't have theirs available for 360) and so far so good! I'm loving having mounts to store all of my controllers though!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
those look like they are getting some pretty negative reviews with respect the longevity of them. But 2 for $12...even if they only last half as long you are still breaking even, haha.

Yeah, those are some pretty sketchy reviews. I wonder if it's just a bad batch or something, but I'll probably steer clear, just in case. Amazon needs to figure its life out with the Eneloop prices, though. They only have certain ones on-sale, so it's a weird mess of pricing. You can get 4 for $15, or get another for for another $5. You can get 12 for $41.29, or you can get another 4 batteries and actually SAVE $1.30. You can get the charger for $18.04, or would can spend another $0.31 and get 4 AA batteries with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck