Xbox One Update Preview Program

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, I recently got an Xbox One and am loving it. I know the Update Preview program is now invite only so i got a friend of mine to send me an invite.

I got a message from Xbox Live saying i had received an invitation and was given a code. But thats it. no link for app download or anything.

It just says go to Xbox Forum for help but cant see anything there either. Am I being stupid and missing something here?

any help is greatly appreciated.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
On your XBOX One - say, "XBOX - use a code" and there is an option to type in a 25 character code.

Do that and it'll send you to the download.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I recently got an Xbox One and am loving it. I know the Update Preview program is now invite only so i got a friend of mine to send me an invite.

I got a message from Xbox Live saying i had received an invitation and was given a code. But thats it. no link for app download or anything.

It just says go to Xbox Forum for help but cant see anything there either. Am I being stupid and missing something here?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you send me an invite too??

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
If anyone with a kind hearted soul wants to send me an invite to the preview program that'll be awesome and I'll love your forever! :) Gamertag is scotmdjt1

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd take an invite too, if possible. I love being an early adapter. Was kinda hoping I'd have been included from the start since I've had my XBox Live account since it launched with the OG XBox... first world problems...heh.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ehh, normally I'd be interested, but the fact that it locks you from party chat with non-invite folks and the sketchy nature of 8.1 have me too hesitant.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it locks you out anymore? That was related to the reworked party system in the preview build, now every "live Xbox One" should have it?

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I've tried but it seems you can only invite people on your friends list. Cant just invite anyone. Not sure why they don't just let anyone who wants to join just join.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's probably so people explicitly seek out the update, knowing that it's a beta program with issues. Otherwise, people might stumble onto it in the store, then complain they don't like it and didn't know what they were getting into.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ehh, normally I'd be interested, but the fact that it locks you from party chat with non-invite folks and the sketchy nature of 8.1 have me too hesitant.

Yeah that was only with the first preview when they made significant changes to party chat. Not an issue anymore.

Granted as a beta tester you have the possibility of experiencing more potential issues. Though, all the builds I've had have been pretty stable and have not resulted in the issues that some had.

Youssef7

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Please invite me to the beta testing program for the xbox one! my gamer tag is gameShArrK and my live acount email is youssefseven(at)live.com!! Thank you so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo