If on home arrest...you pick: perfect setup for $100

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Think of this like the "you are on an island, what do you bring?" game. I am going to put a limitation on this though...you have only $100 to spend! So, what would you get? We will use a somewhat assumed price that old school gen stuff is like $25 a console and games are $5-$15. Basically this excludes current gens and if you go last gen you limit your games but I set at $100 to allow a 360/PS3 still.

What do you play to pass the time while you are stuck in your house for the next 6 months? haha

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
$25 per old-gen console and $10 per game? Hmm...that's pretty easy:

PS2 ($55 allotted):

$25 console
$10 Kingdom Hearts
$10 Kingdom Hearts 2
$10 Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

N64 ($45 allotted):

$25 console
$10 Banjo-Kazooie
$10 Banjo-Tooie

I think the problem is that you can't actually pull this off. A PS2 is probably about $50 itself online, and the KH games are more like $15-20 each. The N64 is probably $30 and those games are probably about $15-20 as well.

At the end of the day, can't I just stick with my PC, TV, and emulator setup? I've got GBA and PS2 emulators, and I could easily find myself a decent N64 one. I'll just have to use the $100 budget on a wired controller (both of mine ghost badly) and snacks, I guess.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day, can't I just stick with my PC, TV, and emulator setup? I've got GBA and PS2 emulators, and I could easily find myself a decent N64 one. I'll just have to use the $100 budget on a wired controller (both of mine ghost badly) and snacks, I guess.

You are on home arrest and you want to partake in criminal activities...sheesh!!! haha. So no, it isn't allowed :)
Oooo, snacks...I'll keep that in mind for next time. :amaze:

I think the problem is that you can't actually pull this off. A PS2 is probably about $50 itself online, and the KH games are more like $15-20 each. The N64 is probably $30 and those games are probably about $15-20 as well.

I know...I had to spit ball prices to make it possible. I mean, 10 years ago I was getting NES's for $10-$15 and included ~10 games. I've sold most of those for $40 over the last decade...but you are in jail, no time to shop around. So for the spirit of the game, I ball parked prices to make it easy :)

Wanted to see what a couple others had before I submitted mine, but apparently you're a big fan of Kingdom of Hearts! Have you (do you now?) owned all those games at some point in your life?
All KoH's line...I'm sure some would put all $100 into Final Fantasy too! Lord knows you'd be getting a great Time/$ value out of those type of games.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Jail and house arrest are different, though. House arrest, I'm just not allowed to leave home, which I rarely do anyway.

I owned and beat the first Kingdom Hearts on PS2. I owned Chain of Memories on the GBA and beat it. I started Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS2, but never finished it. I have them all on a PS2 emulator now, but I don't ever play it. As for Final Fantasy, I never cared to try it. I like KH for the Disney stuff.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting discussion....Yea, a month old but, I figured I would join in. $100 ? Hmmm... If I had $200, I could last a very long time. Would this include something you could repair ? I am a very avid deal hunter and if I had $100 to spend, let's see....

A Xbox 360 (old 20gb model), they could be had for $50-75 normally but, if you shop around, you might be able to get a RROD unopened one for $20-30, let's say I get lucky, find one for $20-25 (a working one is possible), spend $3 on CPU stuff, fix it, Then I would buy $30 worth of games for....What you ask ? Think about all the 1-3 year games for the xbox 360, some great titles, they can be had for $3-5 each (yard sales, pawn shops, ebay)...Games like GTA 4, Red Dead, Forza 1 and 2, halo 2-4, If you hunt hard enough, you might be able to score 5-10 games and a working 360 for under $50-55...(might be hard but, it could happen if you have the time).

Now, the other aspect, say I got lucky and got a 360 setup with games for $50....Then maybe a old fatboy PS3 with Uncharted (all 3 could be hand for the set for under $20 gamestop had a promo for used games), then a few other cheap but good titles could be had for $3-5 a pop... I have seen the old PS3s for as low as $40...(might be hard to track one down at that price right now)

So, yea, if you had the time to research and find the best deals, I bet you could find a kick-a$$ setup for around $100 but, I would bet if I had $200 to spend, I could 100% sure find everything I wanted here...

But, on the odd case it happened to me now...I have a Xbox one, 360, PS3, WiiU, 3DS, Vita, NES, SNES, Vectrex, 2600, 5200, 7800, Master system, Genesis, 5 full coin-op games, and PLENTY of games for each system and this is what I have in my home right now, I have a ton more in storage. I could last a VERY long time if I needed to.... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes