The Official "Halo: TMCC" Thread

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Well we're nearly a year into launch and there are still TONS of bugs and problems that need fixing (full list on r/halo). Bravo has confirmed on Halo Waypoint that another patch is inbound but rumour is that this will be the final one before Halo 5 drops. I highly doubt that this will fix everything.

To be honest I've kind of accepted the fact that MCC will never be perfect and am just looking toward Halo 5 now...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I only play this game for about an hour a week. Either partying up with a friend or split screen with my wife, but I never have any major issues with this game. Maybe my standards are just really low. I cant wait for Halo 5, I'm a little bit sad i leave for vacation the day after it comes out... :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They must be really low. That, or you're the luckiest person in the world. In the past 2 weeks, I've gone from level 25 to level 20 (while not even playing badly), simply because the matchmaking loves to throw my friend (who is about level 17) and I in with people who quit, or in with people ranked 30+ and in a full group. It's great leveling down twice in a night because your team quits 5 minutes in.

Then there's just how overpowered the Battle Rifle is. I'll use the DMR to start matches on Solace, but that's about it, just because the BR can win basically any fight. The Boltshot's always existed as garbage, given its range and lack of need to aim worth a damn. I've also had killcams chock-full of deaths in which the person did nothing to me, indicating asinine hit detection and aim assist. Last night, on Solace, I was killed by a melee to my back where I was on the bottom floor of the map (in the center), a guy was jumping down from the sniper balcony after me, and he was still 20 feet or so above me (mid-air, but basically parallel with the walkway above), he didn't come close to making contact, and it killed me. I've seen Boltshots fired at walls well after I'm gone, and they kill me. Sniper shots where the guy is aiming at my check, jerks the controller laterally, away from me, and I get shot. It's status quo garbage.

I still don't get why console shooters think Aim Assist is a good thing. It's the single-worst thing in online gaming. It's literally more annoying than a horrible connection, because at least those aren't DELIBERATELY aimed at making the game stupid.

Plus, we're almost a year in, and the playlists are still awful. Halo 4 needs Regicide desperately. Instead, we get that zombie crap. Maps are sparse in the H4 lobby, and the fact that we have to play Legendary Slayer blows. The playlist options as a whole just suck (which is Halo 4 not part of the Team Slayer playlist?).

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
They must be really low. That, or you're the luckiest person in the world. In the past 2 weeks, I've gone from level 25 to level 20 (while not even playing badly), simply because the matchmaking loves to throw my friend (who is about level 17) and I in with people who quit, or in with people ranked 30+ and in a full group. It's great leveling down twice in a night because your team quits 5 minutes in.

I thought Halo Multiplayer was based on your Xbox Live Trueskill not on your current rank in game. Does being a higher rank in halo make you better? i thought it just showed you played more? I really cant comment on this, I only play the "arcade" playlists like Team Action Sack.

Then there's just how overpowered the Battle Rifle is. I'll use the DMR to start matches on Solace, but that's about it, just because the BR can win basically any fight. The Boltshot's always existed as garbage, given its range and lack of need to aim worth a damn. I've also had killcams chock-full of deaths in which the person did nothing to me, indicating asinine hit detection and aim assist. Last night, on Solace, I was killed by a melee to my back where I was on the bottom floor of the map (in the center), a guy was jumping down from the sniper balcony after me, and he was still 20 feet or so above me (mid-air, but basically parallel with the walkway above), he didn't come close to making contact, and it killed me. I've seen Boltshots fired at walls well after I'm gone, and they kill me. Sniper shots where the guy is aiming at my check, jerks the controller laterally, away from me, and I get shot. It's status quo garbage.

I mean the BR has always been the best non-heavy weapon in the game. I dont think they changed this for the MCC... All of these sounds like a latency issue more then an issue to the game. I never experience anything like this.

I still don't get why console shooters think Aim Assist is a good thing. It's the single-worst thing in online gaming. It's literally more annoying than a horrible connection, because at least those aren't DELIBERATELY aimed at making the game stupid.

Plus, we're almost a year in, and the playlists are still awful. Halo 4 needs Regicide desperately. Instead, we get that zombie crap. Maps are sparse in the H4 lobby, and the fact that we have to play Legendary Slayer blows. The playlist options as a whole just suck (which is Halo 4 not part of the Team Slayer playlist?).
Aim assist exists because controllers are horribly inaccurate. You honestly think aim assists is put in there to "DELIBERATELY" make the game worse? Do you play with it off? This feature is turned off by default in PC games because a mouse is much more accurate. As far as the playlists go, again I only play the "arcade" ones, but I enjoy them a lot. There is a good mix of everything, and no matter what i play I'm now able to find a game, join the game, start the game, and finish without any major bugs, crashes, disconnects, etc. I closed alpha tested both of the major title updates that have improved the game. I've seen it at it's worst (worse then it was a launch). This game has only moved in a forward and up direction for me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought Halo Multiplayer was based on your Xbox Live Trueskill not on your current rank in game. Does being a higher rank in halo make you better? i thought it just showed you played more? I really cant comment on this, I only play the "arcade" playlists like Team Action Sack.

No, it's not like CoD. You can rank up and down, based on performance. However, it's horribly done. It doesn't consider things like individual performance well, nor does it consider teammates. So, you can go 20-5 in Team Slayer, lose by 5 because your team sucks, and rank down for it. You can be given a loss and rank down if you don't stay and finish a 1-on-5 CtF game because your teammates all quit. You can rank down because the game doesn't fill in empty teammate slots when they quit, meaning you have to play a game 4-on-5 from the outset because some crybaby quit the game as it started.

I mean the BR has always been the best non-heavy weapon in the game. I dont think they changed this for the MCC... All of these sounds like a latency issue more then an issue to the game. I never experience anything like this.

It's definitely not latency. We're talking about not just what I see as I play as wrong, but the Killcams from opponents are way off. The Beam Rifle is the WORST about it. You can actually watch your shot (or a Killcam) and see the beam come out of somewhere other than at the reticle.

Aim assist exists because controllers are horribly inaccurate. You honestly think aim assists is put in there to "DELIBERATELY" make the game worse? Do you play with it off? This feature is turned off by default in PC games because a mouse is much more accurate. As far as the playlists go, again I only play the "arcade" ones, but I enjoy them a lot. There is a good mix of everything, and no matter what i play I'm now able to find a game, join the game, start the game, and finish without any major bugs, crashes, disconnects, etc. I closed alpha tested both of the major title updates that have improved the game. I've seen it at it's worst (worse then it was a launch). This game has only moved in a forward and up direction for me.

I mean, when you say you play maybe one hour per-week, I honestly can't say I'll take your experiences as more reliable than mine, given I'm usually playing anywhere from 2-5 hours in a given day. I'm probably on 15+ hours/week total. Things have gotten better than at launch, sure, but they're far from good. I mean, these 343 clowns just released an announcement that if you block someone on LIVE, he won't be blocked from playing with you in multiplayer. So, that team-killing clown? Yeah, you're going to get stuck with him again. I take that to mean that the population of the game is SO BAD that they can't curate the player list or no one will ever match up.

Oh, and that Aim Assist response is so tired. If they were to not have Aim Assist, the game would absolutely be better, IMO. You wouldn't have little kids cranking the sensitivity way up because the Aim Assist compensates for their inability to aim, especially in close-quarters firefights. You have to remember that if Aim Assist were thrown in the garbage, it would be global. The shots you made would be 100% on you, not what the game did for you. And no, I don't play with it off, because you can't. In Black Ops, I actually DID play with it off, and I was still quite good. However, either because of my lengthy absence from the series, or because the Aim Assist was SO FORGIVING, I had to turn it back on in Black Ops II. If it were simply about the issues of aiming, they could take it out and up weapon damage to compensate, really. That, or leave it the same, have everyone on a level playing field, and don't build an FPS core around favoring high-sensitivity and close-range luck.

But again, it's really hard to take your limited experiences with less than a pound of salt. I have to nightly fight multi-minute queues, bad hit detection, quitting teammates, and ranking down because those teammates quit or played the game wrong (when it's King of the Hill and your team hangs back and never goes for the hill, it's a problem).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)