Xbox One vs. PS4

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Lets not forget that the original Xbox and the 360 were over taken on sales by playstation BUT the Xbox still got some cracking titles. Xbox one DOES have 1080p support (as mentioned at E3 a few weeks ago) but they haven't released any 1080p games yet. Which to be honest was the norm for the playstation 3. And lets be honest here..... Just because the sales have been beaten doesn't mean that Xbox one can't or won't over take the playstation sales. And if not then who cares? Who cares if playstation keeps out selling the Xbox one? As long as the Xbox one gets games till its end of life then that's all that matters. And no... I don't own a ps4 or an Xbox one.

Forza 5, which was a launch title, has always been 1080p/60fps. And it's not even close the only 1080p title out there either.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The problem is you don't understand the difference between the core users of the Play Stations..

You don't realize that when both started out,the Play Stations were used for Home Theater and incorporated themselves nicely were as the Xbox didn't...

Do you think that all the millions of Play Station users are going to switch just because you want them too? Lol...lol...lol...that isn't happening regardless how much better you think it is...because for those who still use it like millions do...the Xbox fails on it's video output flaws with deinterlacing and judder,not to mention on regular DVD play back..The new PS4 isn't that much better..and steps down in this regard as compared to the PS3 too....both new boxes have issues with their streaming too from all reviews...

Actual game play is outstanding on both from what I have seen...so...if you are happy with your rig..enjoy it..and don't worry about what others have or which one sells more....that's just self defeating on your part...
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

It's actually very important that Xbox One sells well. 1. If PS4 sells better, they will get more exclusives and more support from developers. We've already seen that Titanfall was basically a flop and the next game will be on PS4. Also, Bungie is giving exclusive content to PS4 users, not Xbox One users. 2. If Xbox doesn't do so hot, Microsoft has a history of reducing R&D, which is actually already happening...Xbox studios shut down and lay offs of 2/3 of the Asia staff. So before you guys go around saying who cares which platform sells better, remember that it your precious $500 toy will get less and less support.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
As long as it doesn't end up like Sega (being a console then just making games) then I think it will be fine. With respect to Nintendo there really ain't considered a threat any more. The console war has been between Xbox and playstation. And no sign of Xbox throwing in the towel. Not sure how the steam console will fair when it gets released (if it does) but for now.....we need the playstation...why? Because its the only thing that makes Xbox bring out great titles to compete.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Forza is 1080p, and a release title... I fail to see why this is still brought up?!

OP, wait until Halo then check the numbers ;)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem is you don't understand the difference between the core users of the Play Stations..

You don't realize that when both started out,the Play Stations were used for Home Theater and incorporated themselves nicely were as the Xbox didn't...

Do you think that all the millions of Play Station users are going to switch just because you want them too? Lol...lol...lol...that isn't happening regardless how much better you think it is...because for those who still use it like millions do...the Xbox fails on it's video output flaws with deinterlacing and judder,not to mention on regular DVD play back..The new PS4 isn't that much better..and steps down in this regard as compared to the PS3 too....both new boxes have issues with their streaming too from all reviews...

Actual game play is outstanding on both from what I have seen...so...if you are happy with your rig..enjoy it..and don't worry about what others have or which one sells more....that's just self defeating on your part...
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
I can 100% confirm from working previously in retail, only 1/20 people pat attention to issues like this. The only reason people know about tech issues with the hardware is the press and peers. Most of the press has NOT mentioned your issues, and even me as a techie haven't seen any of them.

The 1080p debate is bull. Both systems optimize the game greatly and while you can notice it, anyone who's about to spend $400 on a console won't make a decisions based on a few pixel. If the Xbox One was 720P or 1080P average and the PAY was 2k/UHD I can understand.

This is a useless debate. The press is making the PS4 seem like a like a legendary leap, when really it's barely ahead of the Xbox One.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This is a useless debate. The press is making the PS4 seem like a like a legendary leap, when really it's barely ahead of the Xbox One.

People are also making this "issue" as if it was something new and unheard of. The thing just is that Microsoft isn't exactly media cool atm. It's just like with Apple and iPhones compared to WP. It's just "cool" to bash MS and it's cool to praise Apple. The same things that MS innovates are "useless niche features" and when Apple does it it's the best thing since sliced bread. There's much of the same going on. The situation is much better now, though, but it's also much like the image IE has. It was stained over a decade, it's hard to make peoplegive IE11 (which is great and only really shares the name with the old crap IEs) a real chance. MS didn't exactly play their cards right (or optionally Sony played the cards well against MS) with the console announcement and Xbox One still pays the price for that.

But I do think things are picking up, but in the end, PS4 is sorta seen as the "iPhone" of the consoles.

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
PS4 was cheaper and more powerful.

Now, they are the same price and PS4 is still more powerful.

That's basically what it boils down to. most people don't even care about the TV features or Kinect.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well in all fairness the same goes for 360 and One.

I dunno the one had most of the features of the 360. PS4 dropped a heck of a lot from what the PS3 could do. I still have my PS3 as its still one of the best bluray players on the market.

However will sell once xbox one gets the next update.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Power is useless if you have no games that use it ;)

I'm just poking in this thread, I am happy both are doing well (XB1 is the best selling xbox full stop) as it all leads to a healthy games market.

I'm now waiting for MS to buy Crytek... that should make things interesting...

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ps4 is just a better gaming console. Most people that buy a console do it to play games not that crap Microsoft thinks people want to do.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There is something to the idea of being on the winning platform. It provides an adrenaline rush of confidence as well as justifying your purchase.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ps4 is just a better gaming console. Most people that buy a console do it to play games not that crap Microsoft thinks people want to do.

I disagree, xboxleads the way in the console multiplayer market. The online experience is far more ccomplete than the PlayStation.
The PS4 maybe selling well now but its not even the first year. MS can easily gain back users.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's for the majority of.25 and under. Most people 25 and up are getting an Xbox One for the living room. Also, Xbox is gonna have the most multiplayer focused fan base once holidays come around as well. Its just how it is, last gen the PAY was more powerful as well and the same thing happened. The PAY is really just a single player box for games to look great on, no real multiplayer games to set it apart though.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The playstation 3 was more powerful than the xbox however it was hard to program games which is why devs didn't like it too much. With the ps4 Sony have made it very easy to program hence the devs will be more likely to work with the Ps than xbox.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Right, except that the Xbox One has more exclusive games, a better online network on which to play them, and a console OS with more features that complement gameplay. Except for all that. Also known as 'everything except for minute graphical advantages'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12