Xbox One vs. PS4

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Dude if you're feeling depressed over a console you really need to get out more. These are just things, and not even the important ones. "The things that actually matter are not 'things'", someone with a can of paint sprayed on a wall somewhere. Everyone in this forum has a bit of fanboyism in them, otherwise they wouldn't be in a platform-specific site getting news and discussing. But really, if you're losing any sleep over this, you better see a doctor. But, if my experience on the internet is any indicator, you're probably just a 16 years old kid with a lot of free time and not enough homework.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dude if you're feeling depressed over a console you really need to get out more. These are just things, and not even the important ones. "The things that actually matter are not 'things'", someone with a can of paint sprayed on a wall somewhere. Everyone in this forum has a bit of fanboyism in them, otherwise they wouldn't be in a platform-specific site getting news and discussing. But really, if you're losing any sleep over this, you better see a doctor. But, if my experience on the internet is any indicator, you're probably just a 16 years old kid with a lot of free time and not enough homework.
I agree. I'm 15 :p

I see no point in participating in these console wars, and I say this as a Nintendo fan who will defend Nintendo if someone gets his facts wrong.
At the end of the day, we have game consoles because we enjoy the experiences that come along with them and their games.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Who cares. As long as you're happy and Microsoft is still pushing games and support out it doesn't matter. At least it isn't the Wii U.
The thing is, Nintendo is throwing all their weight behind the Wii U. If they play their cards right, it'll still be a commercial success.

If Microsoft puts in half the effort Nintendo is giving, they'll end up with a successful XBOne.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yesterdays NPD numbers show that PS4 has outsold Xbox One for 7 straight months now, and the gap seems to be exacerbating. It used to be like 1.5:1, then 2:1, now it's more like 3:1 despite the decoupling of Kinect. Microsoft needs to do something else, stat. And I don't think bundles are enough. I don't see any reason why August and September won't make it 9 straight months for PS4, but Microsoft's October-November lineup is better than PS4's is, by quite a bit too, so there is a chance then. If they can't win those months, in the home market, nonetheless, then I think a comeback will prove to be quite unlikely.
Nope. The PS4 is selling on hype (at the moment.)

Nothing can topple hype. And once those games come, that's a one-two punch.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Who cares. As long as you're happy and Microsoft is still pushing games and support out it doesn't matter. At least it isn't the Wii U.

The Wii U is a great system too. It has my two favorite games of all time on there, Super Smash Bros and Mario Cart. But I heard there is a Wii U emulator. :)

And the Wii U has sold more units than the Xbox One. It did come out before, yes, but the PS4 came out later and sold a lot more.

I think when the Xbox reaches more regions, it will sell better. Maybe not better than the PS4, but it will improve.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Wii U is a great system too. It has my two favorite games of all time on there, Super Smash Bros and Mario Cart. But I heard there is a Wii U emulator. :)

And the Wii U has sold more units than the Xbox One. It did come out before, yes, but the PS4 came out later and sold a lot more.

I think when the Xbox reaches more regions, it will sell better. Maybe not better than the PS4, but it will improve.
No Wii U emulator for the foreseeable future.

Not that PCs are capable of handling one.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought some have came out?
Do you see a good PS3 emulator yet? How about X360?

Considering how powerful it is, and how long it's taking to hack, I don't see emulators coming out for it. You might be thinking about a similar console, the Wii.

I'm happy for it, though. All the consoles have safeguards against piracy now. The Wii U has its PowerPC architecture, the XBOne has its digital services, the PS4 has power and a massive money-laden fan base.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you see a good PS3 emulator yet? How about X360?

Considering how powerful it is, and how long it's taking to hack, I don't see emulators coming out for it. You might be thinking about a similar console, the Wii.

I'm happy for it, though. All the consoles have safeguards against piracy now. The Wii U has its PowerPC architecture, the XBOne has its digital services, the PS4 has power and a massive money-laden fan base.

I don't care if it is an amazing emulator, just as long as it can run Wii U games. I'm sure one will come in a year or two.

MatchAttax08

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Go elite and get a PC. Be a real gamer for once and not some ponce sat on his fat *** with a controller in hand talking to 13 year old kids playing Call of Duty 100

You're stupid. Real gamers are on all platforms not only PC. I'm a real gamer and have an Xbox One. Actually its more likely that a PC gamer would be fat because he sits 5 inches before his monitor 24 hours a day

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if it is an amazing emulator, just as long as it can run Wii U games. I'm sure one will come in a year or two.

No, it won't. The previous consoles don't have emulators, and those have had 8-9 years to get developed. I think it was said that it took nearly 10 years to get a good PS2 emulator running.

As for the Wii U, call me when their online is worth anything. It can't handle 12-person Mario Kart well, it has no online chat capabilities, and few games have any kind of networking content whatsoever. It's really frustrating because my sister and I love playing Mario Kart, but when you take it online, it turns to crap. No talking to other players, and then it's so lag-filled that you can cross the finish line in 2nd by a decent bit and be given 4th after the race.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but once the Xbox One is available in other high to mid volume territories, all this fuss will have been over nothing.

I need to find more info about it, but AFAIK Xbox One is the only console that has been approved for sale in China since 2000. Someone please correct me if there is more info as I would like to read more about it:

Xbox One now available for pre-order in China

And that is just the start of the next wave. PS4 is available in 70 some markets, Xbox One is in 13 or so right now. Even if they were available in the same markets and the PS4 was still outselling the One it doesn't matter. If Microsoft was struggling then they wouldn't be throwing money out for exclusives. Their wallet would be just as tight as Sony's right now.

Truth be told, we should be happy that Sony is getting some love with the PS4, otherwise it might have died off like Sony's PC business and we wouldn't even have the choice to make.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but once the Xbox One is available in other high to mid volume territories, all this fuss will have been over nothing.

I need to find more info about it, but AFAIK Xbox One is the only console that has been approved for sale in China since 2000. Someone please correct me if there is more info as I would like to read more about it:

Xbox One now available for pre-order in China

And that is just the start of the next wave. PS4 is available in 70 some markets, Xbox One is in 13 or so right now. Even if they were available in the same markets and the PS4 was still outselling the One it doesn't matter. If Microsoft was struggling then they wouldn't be throwing money out for exclusives. Their wallet would be just as tight as Sony's right now.

Truth be told, we should be happy that Sony is getting some love with the PS4, otherwise it might have died off like Sony's PC business and we wouldn't even have the choice to make.

I don't know..there is a reason why Xbox One is not available elsewhere like PS4. It just doesn't fit their system and MS does tend to focus heavily in the US only.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, xboxleads the way in the console multiplayer market. The online experience is far more ccomplete than the PlayStation.
The PS4 maybe selling well now but its not even the first year. MS can easily gain back users.
MS is only focusing in the US. That's one of their biggest problems, including WP (Cortana) and they're marketing the console as a home entertainment system. They are drifting towards games more now but first impression is very important. Remember their screw up in the beginning changing minds?
Sony was straight on with their concept as a gaming console with better pricing (at least it seems that way) so it's obvious gamers want a steady console.

MS's attitude to push towards other countries is totally lacking. Japan is a very good example. "They ain't buying our **** so let's not release it to them yet. Maybe next year".
Yes other than the US and some fortunate countries others was informed that they had to wait 1 full year before they can get it. Guess what other choice they had right away?

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Localization issues for the Kinect was the excuse before they dropped the Kinect. Otherwise they do plan to launch in many more countries over the next few months. Those launches may have increased in numbers with the Kinect no longer necessary.

One other big factor that could boost Xbox One sales is the Halo factor. Just talked to one of my Halo LAN buddies this morning and he asked me if there were any new Halo games coming out. I told him about the MCC and the $400 kinectless One and he said he would start saving up for it.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Ps4 wins.
PS4 already doubles the difference in sales unit.
Their is no way Xbox One ever going to catch with PS4.

It's time you say - Better Luck Next Time. Xbox

Hope Next time MS will focus on world not only USA.
And they will able to remove US centric company tag.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm confident that Sony's luck will run out in the next few years. It's a very traditional look on a games console, which for the most part has worked, however all my friends who bought PS4s are now wishing they hadn't. In their words "I'm bored of Fifa and I played the Last of Us already... now what?"

2 of the 6 have already sold their PS4s and bought XB1s and they couldn't be happier. They agree with me when I say that it needs to be more than just a games console now. The PS4 will appeal to teenagers and younger adults as they will have a more "hardcore" gaming mind, however a games console isn't enough to keep you interested when you start to get a little older, as they have found.

Of course MS has a US centric view, as more consoles are sold in the US than any other market. 100% of British sales wouldn't even be a drop in the ocean compared to a small % of US sales. Who do you think Sony designed every PS ever for? You can argue that MS has a more obvious US view because of their initial TV offering, but is that still the case when their is a digital TV tuner coming out specifically for the UK, allowing the streaming of TV to a Smartglass device (read, anything with Smartglass i.e. Android and iOS) without interrupting gaming? If you ask me that seems like a very UK focussed view. They are doing similar in other local markets such as Germany and Australia.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm confident that Sony's luck will run out in the next few years. It's a very traditional look on a games console, which for the most part has worked, however all my friends who bought PS4s are now wishing they hadn't. In their words "I'm bored of Fifa and I played the Last of Us already... now what?"

2 of the 6 have already sold their PS4s and bought XB1s and they couldn't be happier. They agree with me when I say that it needs to be more than just a games console now. The PS4 will appeal to teenagers and younger adults as they will have a more "hardcore" gaming mind, however a games console isn't enough to keep you interested when you start to get a little older, as they have found.

Of course MS has a US centric view, as more consoles are sold in the US than any other market. 100% of British sales wouldn't even be a drop in the ocean compared to a small % of US sales. Who do you think Sony designed every PS ever for? You can argue that MS has a more obvious US view because of their initial TV offering, but is that still the case when their is a digital TV tuner coming out specifically for the UK, allowing the streaming of TV to a Smartglass device (read, anything with Smartglass i.e. Android and iOS) without interrupting gaming? If you ask me that seems like a very UK focussed view. They are doing similar in other local markets such as Germany and Australia.
I am also very confident that in next few years their will be no Xbox.

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm confident that Sony's luck will run out in the next few years. It's a very traditional look on a games console, which for the most part has worked, however all my friends who bought PS4s are now wishing they hadn't. In their words "I'm bored of Fifa and I played the Last of Us already... now what?" (...)

I believe buying any console at its first year is bad business. Even in Xbox, what can you play right now? Titanfall, that Rome one, Tomb Raider (also available on PS4) and two or three other titles. All in all, if you consult IGN's lists of games, the amount of titles is pretty much the same - Xbox does have a few "bigger" titles out, while PS4 has a lot of indie games coming out.

Personally, I love how Sony has been giving power for independent studios to release their games and join big producers in the market. The list of "indie" games that have been announced for PS4 and Vita is what makes me believe PlayStation has a better future ahead. While MS is so worried about getting americans talking to their videogames and watch movies on it, Sony is paving the way to a huge library of games for all types of gamers.

If I could, I would buy both consoles, both have their strong sides. But so far, Sony has my interest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel