Xbox One vs. PS4

TheZeeMan

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't be depressed too much longer. MS is doing something new in my opinion, it's just taking time. How Sony is just about PS4 and that's about it (they really don't care about vita if you didn't know) - MS is evolving. With their recent announcement with Quantum Break being a cross buy, with "more to come" in the near future, they just tapped into and added on to create the biggest gaming market. Granted, the games won't be on the universal platform, unless they do get them working like that, but I'm guessing MS made it somewhat easy to "bridge" xbox one games to PC.

The Xbox isn't going to matter as much anymore, there will still be exclusive games to xbox only for those that do have consoles but I have a feeling MS is taking the open market approach. Think about PC gamers, they refuse to buy any console. But if the PC gamer can run Windows 10 or even the Xbox version of Windows 10 on their heavily modded PC and run xbox games...then MS wins. But its not just about winning, it's about evolving.

Not only does MS have their hand in the PC market, wait until they fix the app gap and then release windows 10 mobile or whatever they are going to call it and allow you, to freely choose, which OS you want and give you the option to replace your android OS, last I knew, Google didn't own the rights to the device on what software it can run.

The streaming thing is a concept right now in my opinion. There is no difference to stream to a PC then to a mobile besides bandwidth which conflicts with quality, but that's what the cloud is for. So fast forward, MS will end up allowing gamers to play games on ANY device literally. Add in hololens and the rift, along with surface devices, pretty much windows is going to be everywhere and you will be playing games on whatever device you have, which will be something that runs windows, unless you are into Apple and their wonderful games :) But albeit, MS is not just games, they are evolving as an entity with everything, with enterprise funding them and them hitting the consumer market hard...but that's just my 2 cents anyway. :p

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm gradually moving away from MS. Gutted as I have a lot in the ecosystem but fed up of waiting for them to deliver. Gawd knows what my next phone will be but it's looking less and less like a windows mobile. My first move was last week to the ps4

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

AzlanAU

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Personally loving the direction that ms is taking xbox, im predominantly a console gamer but i have a high end gaming rig that i will probly be updating this year and hopefully going to 4k. I prefer playing on the couch with xbox, but id love to be able to pump up the graphics and enjoy those same games on my pc, quantum break being cross buy on windows 10 is great news to me. though i agree they have to commit all the way and just have zero conditions on it.

But i fully expect all their first party titles they make available on pc will still be exclusive to the windows 10 store and not steam

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm gradually moving away from MS. Gutted as I have a lot in the ecosystem but fed up of waiting for them to deliver. Gawd knows what my next phone will be but it's looking less and less like a windows mobile. My first move was last week to the ps4

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

UPDATE:
I upgraded my 930 and went for............
The 950
And it's bloody awesome. As far as mobile OS's go, windows is for me. I can't stand the android slowdown which I have witnessed on my tablet. Apple was NEVER an option.
The 'appgap' that everyone keeps harping on about is not an issue for me. The apps I use, work (apart from the facebook app which is atrocious, but there is an official one coming out, so fingers crossed)
The camera is a thing of beauty. Exceptional photos.
Well chuffed.

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Now that Microsoft has basically ravaged Xbox One in order to proliferate their Windows 10 (which I deeply hate), I'm gonna leave the platform and look for Steam machines or get a PS4 (or rather a Neo).
It was mostly fun over 2.5 years and I invested a lot in games and supplies, but I'm leaving with a light heart. :)

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Now that Microsoft has basically ravaged Xbox One in order to proliferate their Windows 10 (which I deeply hate), I'm gonna leave the platform and look for Steam machines or get a PS4 (or rather a Neo).
It was mostly fun over 2.5 years and I invested a lot in games and supplies, but I'm leaving with a light heart. :)

Wow... sounds like a dire life decision /s

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (V10 or 5x)

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I was considering to get an Xbox One... but since this move of the One S and the Scorpio announcement, it just sends confusing message about their Xbox hardware specially with the Scorpio console. MS said that no current X1 owner will be left behind and no exclusives, but by looking the previous MS promises like W10m update for most WP devices, well...

Sad, but MS just made my mind to stick with the PS4 for the exclusives and the rest of games PC - Steam.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Why not get the PS4 Neo and revel in that 4k goodness... except it's not 4k (hardware not capable of it) and it can't play UHD Blu-Ray media either.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Xbox fan here but not depressed at all.

I have a history for usually going for the underdog except for the Super Nintendo.
Back in the day I was an avid supporter of the N64 and the GameCube then the Xbox 360.

Competition is good. And lately especially with the S, Xbox has been getting good hits and news lately.

node36

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a love/hate relationship with MS. But they are very good at fixing their problems and enhancing on the original idea. I have an Xbox One and I enjoy it as of right now.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
And it's time to go back to this topis! So, let's say I do not have any console and never had any before and now I'm considering to get one. And of course it's either Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. How should I decide, what are the pros and cons apart from the games? Regarding games it's PS4 for me - better exclusives, most Xbox games are for W10 too. So would be selling points of the new Xbox for PC players?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The Xbox Live service has historically been more reliable than PSN. PSN had an extended outage a couple of years back, when a number of people's credit card info was compromised.

Xbox Live has suffered a couple of DDOS attacks, but nothing that lasted more than a day.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
The Xbox Live service has historically been more reliable than PSN. PSN had an extended outage a couple of years back, when a number of people's credit card info was compromised.

Xbox Live has suffered a couple of DDOS attacks, but nothing that lasted more than a day.
lol You seem misinformed.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And it's time to go back to this topis! So, let's say I do not have any console and never had any before and now I'm considering to get one. And of course it's either Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. How should I decide, what are the pros and cons apart from the games? Regarding games it's PS4 for me - better exclusives, most Xbox games are for W10 too. So would be selling points of the new Xbox for PC players?

You need to do a little research on the exclusive games, which may sway you one way or the other.

Apart from exclusives, for games that are on both, the Xbox 1X version should look as good, or better, than the PS4Pro version (all depends on what developers do or don't do with the extra headroom).

Putting games aside, the X1X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays, which the PS can't. If that's something that matters to you, than choose accordingly.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
You need to do a little research on the exclusive games, which may sway you one way or the other.
What do you mean by he needs to do research? He says it right there he things the PS4 exclusives are better. His opinion. And also the XB1 doesn't seem to be having true major exclusives since 2015.
Besides the 2 Forza, Halo 5 and SO, there isn't much and there isn't any sign of new ones.

Also let's consider all the highly rated PS4 exclusives. Halo and Gears got the lowest metacritic scores for a main game in the history of their franchise.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Putting games aside, the X1X can play 4K UHD Blu-rays, which the PS can't. If that's something that matters to you, than choose accordingly.

I want a Blu-ray playback from my device and 4K output for Netflix and Amazon Prime, but both can offer that. 4K UHD Blu-ray isn't a condition especially as most movies are actually not original 4K, but just remastered editions. Distributors are not exactly putting much effort into it...

And also the XB1 doesn't seem to be having true major exclusives since 2015. Besides the 2 Forza, Halo 5 and SO, there isn't much and there isn't any sign of new ones.

Exactly, you can play these titles on PC as well. That's why PS4 is winning in games for me. Also Uncharted, The Last of Us, story-driven games which is something I really like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte