Xbox One owners get access to all of EA's "top games" for only $5 a month!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I already own most of those games. Titanfall (and future iterations of it) aren't included. We'll see, I'll keep my eye on it once the catalog grows and if it always stays at that price point. This could be fun to play future Madden games without forking over an insane amount of money for a game I'll just get upset at...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I already own most of those games. Titanfall (and future iterations of it) aren't included. We'll see, I'll keep my eye on it once the catalog grows and if it always stays at that price point. This could be fun to play future Madden games without forking over an insane amount of money for a game I'll just get upset at...

Titanfall will be included in the Titanfall premium pack for an extra $5 a month (;

No, but in all seriousness, I think it's because most Xbox One owners already own Titanfall, so there would be no need. This might just be a way to push games that haven't sold well on this particular platform. I'm actually excited because I don't own any of these games.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only EA games I have are Peggle and Titanfall at the moment, so I'm very interested in this kind of service. EA isn't the best of the bunch, really, but as a publisher they still have a lot of great big titles under their name. I will definitely be keeping close eye on this. Not quite sold on those beta titles just yet, but throw in a few more games and I'm up!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think in the terms of service it states that Titanfall and future versions will NOT be included in this. More games will be added. The first group are just in this 'beta rollout' it seems. Depending how quickly they add new titles to the catalog that you can download from will determine how excited I can get for it.

If Madden 15 is made available when the new Madden 16 comes out - I'm not going to care that much. If Madden 15 comes out 3 months or so after its launch... yeah... I'll get into that...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is a wait-and-see thing. I would subscribe to $30/year just for Madden, to be honest. If I bought it for $60, I wouldn't get $30 when I traded it in, so this would make that game alone cheaper. So, if they have the current installment in the franchise added to this, I'll jump at it, regardless of what the other games are (icing on the cake). However, I have no desire to spend $30/year to play year-old sports games. Peggle doesn't intrigue me, and BF4 was and is a terrible game. $30/year for Madden 15 interests me. $30/year for Madden 25 and other titles which have been replaced doesn't.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty much into this for the FIFA access, and madden. I'll probably sign up for the year access on day one just because ill get my value out of it in those two games and i can cancel next year if it ends up a waste.

Note: If i owned any of the games on here, i wouldnt see the value. (i do own peggle, but i always want that. great time waster :p)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who is part of the Xbox Dashboard preview, check your messages. I just found an early access code to this new EA thing sitting in my inbox. :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Alright, cool feature. If you own the disc version of any of these games (like I do with FIFA and bf4) you now automatically own the digital version no disc required to play anymore ;)

LucasLumia

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
That's sounds great. I hope Microsoft's releases something similar for their games. Almost all my games are digital except those with Day One editions and I find myself playing them a lot less than the other games I have.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
IDK...something still worries me about this. For whatever (rational) reason, I can't trust EA. They're going to do SOMETHING to make this a bad thing. They'll do some cable company stuff where it's $30/year for the first year with a 2-year agreement, then the second year is $200 or something, haha.

EA's not benevolent. They never have been. Maybe someone hit them with the common sense stick, but I'm not sure yet.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
IDK...something still worries me about this. For whatever (rational) reason, I can't trust EA. They're going to do SOMETHING to make this a bad thing. They'll do some cable company stuff where it's $30/year for the first year with a 2-year agreement, then the second year is $200 or something, haha.

EA's not benevolent. They never have been. Maybe someone hit them with the common sense stick, but I'm not sure yet.

I think Microsoft hit them with the money stick ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, I wish I was in the dashboard preview program.... I've been on Live since the OG XBox.

Same, 11+ years for me. I just opted to not deal with the preview because they used to screw up communication with friends when you were in a dashboard/update beta, and I didn't want to risk that. Then, I just didn't care to ask for an invite, so I didn't.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
By being in the preview I got access to the beta like others have mentioned.

I almost pulled the trigger last night... But as some people have been saying... It is EA, I expect something bad to happen. It doesn't help that it auto renews. I might wait until Amazon starts to sell the codes.

And if they only add games to the vault when the next version is out then I really see little value in this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte