Are you/will you sign up for EA Access?

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! New guy here. I was just wondering what you guys thought about EA's Xbox service. $5 per month seems like a pretty awesome deal for what will likely soon be many games. Hec, even if you only download and play one game (for me it's BF4) the service doesn't start to be a rip-off until 12 months in... twice that if you use the yearly option. However, there are some on the net who still argue that it's not that awesome of a deal, and even Sony has ripped the service as not being a good deal for their subscribers. What do y'all think? who here has signed up and who hasn't?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Signed up and so far I love it. I've said it many times in different threads by now, but with the annual subscription the future games would have to be really nonexisting (basically none) or REALLY terrible for this not to be worth the annual sub, even with just the current line up. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of sports games and I already had Peggle, but even just Peggle 2 and BF4 easily make this worth it. Or if you're even moderately into sports games, I'm sure even more so.

In future I'm hoping for NFS: Rivals as I dont really have any car games yet, also Plants vs. Zombies: GW would be really sweet but I dont know if we'll see it, there's a good chance cos the game has microtransactions, so giving the game away for free would probably generate them quite a bit of money through those as well.

But yes, so far I love it, can't wait to see what games come in the future, but I wouldnt consider the monthly sub cos the annual sub is just too good of a deal.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
its a gimmick, they're basically giving you access to all the games that would be at the bottom of a $1 bin at wallmart and making you pay 3x it.

its just another EA money whoring scheme. Why people continuously give EA money like this is beyond me.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not yet, but I will soon. It'll only get better as more titles get added. But it's a good deal to play those games if you didn't want to shell out full price when they were brand new.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
its a gimmick, they're basically giving you access to all the games that would be at the bottom of a $1 bin at wallmart and making you pay 3x it.

its just another EA money whoring scheme. Why people continuously give EA money like this is beyond me.

I can assure you that even a year from here, it won't be possible to even find the 4 games in the vault now for less than that 25€ I paid for the annual sub here in Finland. Perhaps in the US you can, but most certainly not here.

Then there's also the 10% discount on EA products, which is sweet too, the trial probably doesnt do much for me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm undecided. It's been revealed that the Madden 15 early access will only allow for 6 hours of play time (which hasn't been explained as time running the game or time on the field or something else). As such, I am fine keeping Madden 25 until Saturday, trading it in, then taking a 3-day break until the new one is out. My main thing was going to be trading Madden 25 in now, then playing the digital version until the early access of the new one. The other stuff available now isn't all that interesting to me.

Peggle is kinda just there. I can probably find similar games running on a phone or a browser, if I really want. BF4 is still somewhat buggy, from other reports, and I'd dump it as soon as Halo and CoD (if I get it) come out in a couple of months. FIFA somewhat interests in, but I'm also curious to see if they have a Best Buy trade-in for FIFA 15 like with Madden 15, so I am fine holding out on that.

Even the near-future game options are pretty uninspiring. Plants vs. Zombies is probably the only one I'd legitimately want. NFS: Rivals interested me at first, then I realized I'd similarly dump it once I got Forza Horizon 2 or The Crew. I just don't see a game I really want.

digitard

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I think it's great for those who don't always pick up the newest games, or generally only buy certain styles of games.

I never really buy any sports games so I'm having a blast playing Madden 25 right now, and as games release that I haven't played I'll get a chance to toss those in w/o having to go buy physical disk, and such. The ease of use for me is great.

Time will tell if I keep it more than a year, but I think the idea is solid. Over time, as the library expands, it'll be excellent for those buying new systems (as its easy to catch up on old favorites), or those who tend to only buy a few types of games and want a chance to play some of the others easily.

Idea: Awesome
Execution: Okay for "day one" style
Long term: Time will tell on how long it takes titles to get in there, and how often EA updates the Vault.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Idea: Awesome
Execution: Okay for "day one" style
Long term: Time will tell on how long it takes titles to get in there, and how often EA updates the Vault.

I definitely understand the "day one" thing, since there aren't really many titles to choose from right now. I'm not really a fan of sports games either, so that renders half of the titles (2/4) useless to me. I am trying it for likely around one year and if it has definitely improved by then I will keep it.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea, but I'm going to wait for more games to come out. I'm not really into sports, so the usual "Madden" stuff doesn't appeal to me. And I already paid full price for peggle. :p

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
already signed up. I never would have bought any of the games they have listed so far except Madden, which Best Buy is taking in for $25 so the cost is offset for me already. It's a great concept and as long as they don't get lazy on adding titles I can appreciate the value. I wanted Battlefield but bought that on PC and COD on the Xbox, now I'm playing that, FIFA, and even a few rounds on Peggle so I'd say the money was well spent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon