EA Access Thoughts?

BigPete7978

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on EA Access? Essentially for $5 a month or $30 a year you get access to EA games that are in the Vault (which will grow over time), and get 10% off all EA digital titles and DLC via Xbox One.

Personally I think it is an awesome deal, well worth it even now. It currently has Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and FIFA 14 in the Vault.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Madden is obsolete. FIFA will be obsolete in a month. BF4 hasn't functioned properly in its 9-month existence. Peggle is $12 on the Xbox Store to keep.

I think it will become good, but as it stands, it's two crap, old sports games, a mediocre shooter, and a cutesy-fruitsy arcade game. 6 months ago, when the sports offerings weren't days/weeks from dying off, it would be better.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it's great. I signed for the $30 a year ($2.50 a month) and found value instantly. I didn't have any of the games and honestly, if you try to buy the retail games used, at the absolute cheapest it would still cost more that $30. I play BF4 strictly single player and it's really a great game. Madden and Fifa are also great even if the new ones are coming soon. Peggle 2 is awesome wholesome family fun was well. Not to mention that we were able to play Madden 15 (full game with Achievements and all) a week early. Sure, they limit it to 6 hours but then again, its the full game and not a demo. And the 10% off on new games. And yes, it will get better as time goes on.

Now, if you already had all (or some) of those games then surely the value will be diminished. But I think it's great value specially if you just got the system. Spend $30 bucks and you get to play some decent games cheaper than if you bought them used.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you already have some of the games on-disc, I'd say that the value is INCREASED, because you can trade in the disc copy and help to pay for the sub in the process.

My dissention comes from the expectations that:

A. You like all 4 of the games offered, and
B. You won't get the new sports games.

I don't like soccer, and Peggle's meh to me. Battlefield never caught my attention, and the complaints (and videos) of the bugginess turned me WAY off. So, the main draw to me is Madden, and I just got Madden 15, so it's kind of useless. Initially, I was thinking NFS Rivals would be he title I bought in for, but with Forza Horizon 2 and The Crew nearly here, there's not much point in getting excited for that game. So, the game which will potentially interest me is Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, though the talks of added microtransactions concerns me a bit. Even though I'm not a soccer fan, I'd also jump in if FIFA 15 came to the service somewhat quickly, or if Madden 15 was added while the disc copy still held some ($15+) trade value.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think it's great, but only really the annual sub. The games have to be really non-existant and really bad in teh future for it not to redeem itself. I'm not big on sports games and I actually own Peggle 2, but I even just the BF4 was almost worth the annual sub. So if they come up with one more half decent game for my taste the next year, it easily became worth it.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on how quickly they add content to it. I succumbed (and had a gift card) and purchased Madden 15 last night because I don't know when they'll add the game to the queue and because my Texas Rangers are doing horribly (because the whole team has been on the DL this year) I'm really excited for football to start (though, as a Cowboys fan I don't know why I'm excited...). If it comes down in the vault in 3 months I'll be a little miffed, but if its 6 months from now I think I'll be fine.

The biggest thing that EA has to do is just make/release more games on the XBOX One. Currently the only games not offered are NHL 14, NBA Live 14, NFS, PvZ, and UFC. Granted there are more games coming down the pipe that will be offered (at some point).

I'm soon going to trade in my disc copies of FIFA 14 and BF4 to recoup the cost of the subscription (and I need to do FIFA soon before it tanks in price even more once 15 comes out).

Though, I'm happy with it so far :)

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
To me it's worth it for FIFA alone. FIFA games take at least 3 years for people not to be actively playing them. I downloaded madden played 2 games and uninstalled, soooo bad. BF4 i havent spent much time with but im sure I'll play the story sometime when i have nothing else to play. I already owned peggle, but at least it gave me 10% off the extra DLC.

I already got my value out of it with FIFA, everything else is just a bonus.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The defense is a big difference, but the offense is VERY close to the same thing. There are some little things which are better, but it's the same as always, at its core.

Me, I'd hang on to FIFA 14 and see if Best Buy does a trade-in deal for it like happened with Madden, where the old version got you $35 in credit towards the new one.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually getting mad at it right now. The blocking by the O-Line is just SO bad. It's almost a given that on an outside handoff or a pitch, I'll have the tackle right in front of my runner with one man to beat, and the blocker will refuse to pick him up. So many times, I've got a clear lane, only to lose it because the tackle is just too busy chasing butterflies to pick up the defender, and it makes me irrationally angry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12