Something I Discovered about Xbox Games and Microsoft Stores

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
You know how usually when you pre-order at a store the stuff can still sell out? It's happened to me at Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. I pre-ordered Alien Isolation just to get the $10 gift card at the Microsoft Store. On the day of release, I called ahead to know if there were any copies left (I had to go to work before I could pick up the game) and they told me something magical. "We hold physical copies for you if you pre-order in the store." So they guarantee that if you pick up your pre-order on Day One, you will get your copy. Very good to know this. If this isn't news to you guys, sorry, but I thought people would be happy to know this.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, Microsoftstore has been great for that stuff, I actually pre-order 95% of my games from there. They normally have some deal with Xbox Credits or something....

I normally do it online but, your not the first person I have heard who said that.... How hard is the math, you have 43 pre-orders, take 43 games and put them on a different shelf, how hard is that ?

Had the same problem at gamestop one time....but, they did have it there for 9am the next day but, it still was a 2nd trip...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel sorry for you people if this kind of stuff is actually rare where you live. I would NEVER pre-order from a shop again that sold the game out on launch day without reserving pre-orderers their copies first.

I understand if they didn't get enough stock to cover even the pre-orders, then first come first serve with the pre-orders, but thats another story.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's standard, isn't it? I think that once, Best Buy said that you had 48 hours to pick up a game before it was sold, but that was YEARS ago. Games never really suffer from scarcity nowadays, except for the big-ticket editions (like Destiny's Ghost). Still, I don't know of a store where they DIDN'T keep the game for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12