Xbox preview invites

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Hopefully all who sent me message & added me on Xbox Live received an invite & was successful. I am surprised with the turn around by Microsoft as I have had quite a few replies saying they have already been accepted which is great news!!.

Also just a note please, please! send a small message when adding me stating you want a Preview invite other wise I will have no idea that this is reason for adding me as a friend & more than likely ignore you adding me.

Hey supadryz, my gamer tag is KillaKiloz and I sent you a message and a friend request last night but didnt hear back, did you get it or should I resend?

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Sincerely, thanks for following the instructions! As long as people send the message, I'll add them. I've had way too many that don't, it is frightening. Trouble is, E3 changed my evenings, lol! When a 100 people message me, I can't cross reference that with the activity feed. If I notice some, I try to add them. But, I don't send the "done" message to them anymore. I think that is fair. The others in the first post might, but why risk it, just send the message, help us all.

Key to success is the first post in the thread....

Hey peachy, iIdid asenda friend request along with a message last night requesting an invite and thanking you for this thread. My gamer tag is KillaKiloz, but I never heard back. Should I resend?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Had to be off the grid for a few hours, so I didn't get chance to send the "done" messages. Did mire yesterday and will be doing some more in an hour or so.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
awesome thread this :)
I just got my xbox one this week but really want to get in on the preview :)

Have added & sent to peachy001 and AluHS :)

Sweet stuff guys!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Glad you like it.

The only thing I'd add, is that I would encourage others to only message 1 of us. Myself and the others will do each request we get. No point in two of us doing the same task.

I did delay sending the "done" messages as I had a little issue with my phone. I'd added a load, but then noticed that WC posted an article about a critical update. So I fid it and accidentally ended up with the W10 phone preview! Didn't enjoy I and have been off the grid while I rolled it back to 8.1. So don't panic folks, I have been doing the invites, but the "done" messages had to wait.

Thanks to all those that are following the instructions, helps massively. And lastly, thanks to the others that kindly offered to also help out.

Viva la community.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
true about sending only 1 message... I'll send AluHS a message to disregard my request because there's no point indeed.
Hope you get your 920 issue sorted out!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
true about sending only 1 message... I'll send AluHS a message to disregard my request because there's no point indeed.
Hope you get your 920 issue sorted out!

I have likely already done yours. Most of the invites I have received have already been done. The "Done" message takes a while to do though, so don't worry. If there is anyone worried that I haven't seen theirs, don't be. If you sent it, I will action it.

Incidentally, my 920 is almost back to 8.1, so many updates to do! I do think MS owes me another battery though, particularly given their superb E3 showing! It took a beating this week, and I cannot wait for the new flagships. Smartglass is real slow and a battery animal on my 920.

Final note, yes invites are still available, as long as you read the first post in the thread. Happy gaming people.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting shed loads of messages from people getting in! All good.

As ever, the first post in the thread us the one with the instructions.

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey peachy, how do you actually know once you're in? I have my box set to instant on and update automatically so not sure what to expect.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey peachy, how do you actually know once you're in? I have my box set to instant on and update automatically so not sure what to expect.

When I did mine, last year, I got the Xbox Live message in around 5 days. Then, approximately 3 days later I was either prompted to update, or I went in settings and checked for one. I seem to think it was the latter, but it has been so long ago that I cannot recall exactly. I don't use the "always on" feature myself.

If any guys are reading this that have just got in, can they post their experience or drop me a message, then I will update the first post. Please ensure that you state whether you are "always on it not".

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Got you request for the invite. All done.

Thanks for reading the first post and following the instructions. I would be interested to hear how you get on with the process. I get a lot of questions about what happens next, and any feedback here will be included in the FAQs at the start.

Bagehl

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello Peachy, just fired a message across to you there. Thanks a lot in advance! Very thoughtful of you, and others, to do this kind of service for the community. Top notch work guys :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss