Why doesn't Xbox One dual-boot with Windows?

bjax

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It occurred to me after thinking about how Microsoft wants to make "one" system and how all things are converging, how come they don't have their Xbox boot to Windows? Essentially it would make them have a Windows hardware (desktop) device. My main thought is that they would want to avoid the potential for viruses and end up crippling the gaming side of the device, but is there a way to have it not affect that side of things? Is there any reason that I'm not thinking of as to why they haven't done this yet?

bjax

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I get that...but let's say customer confusion aside, is there a software/hardware issue not to do it? Seems to me the way Xbox's sells compared to their Surface line (and to some extent 3rd party OEM's), this would be a good way to have a huge install base for their next version of Windows 10...not to mention Xbox One. I would suggest selling a separate Xbox sku, but Microsoft doesn't seem to do well when they do that. Though I'd probably call it the 'Xbox 10' or 'Xbox One Plus' or something.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say Windows with a controller is going to be odd at best.
It adds complexity, awkwardness for not much benefit in my eyes.

bjax

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You have a point there...guess I was thinking of using a wireless keyboard and mouse. Ok, I'm starting to understand why it wouldn't be so easy to pull off. It's not so much a matter of them not being able to, there's just a lot of "extra" things that would go into that could create headaches and more problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs