Recommend an external HDD for Xbox One please

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Despite having 500gb I've already used 86% of my hdd. If they knew games would eat up this much storage they shouldve shipped them with a lot more, especially considering how cheap storage is compared to what it was 10-20 years ago.

So rant aside, a few questions
1. Can I buy a larger INTERNAL drive to replace my current one and re-download my games to it, or are they connected to this particular drive whihc would force me to buy them all again if I replaced the internal. If I don't have to pay to re-load them onto a new drive, can you recommend me the largest possible drive. Money isn't an issue.

2. If I can't replace the internal without having to buy my games again, is an external going to hurt performance (ie. network lag)? I'm wired directly to my router so it's not like I'd be on a wi-fi connection.

3. If I can't swap th einternal and re-download, can someone recommend an external? Again money isn't an issue. I plan on gaming a lot and consider this a worthwhile investment. The bigger the drive the better.

Thanks.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you with the storage limitations. I'm at 79%. I think you can buy an external hdd and the only requirement is it has to be USB 3.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Internal no. I run a WD Passport usb 3 drive on mine. Everything installed to external drive and it is quicker 😊

Guessing separate HDD for OS and content means it can multitask better or something... Or its because the external HDD is a faster drive.

USB3 and over 256 iirc.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Right now is the best time if you want to extend the space on your Xbox one.... I was at 96% 2 weeks ago, so I had a Passort 750gb drive sitting around, that I am using but, if you watch the deal sites, there are some unreal deals right now.

Even saw a 5tb USB 3.0 drive going for very cheap.....fatwallet, slickdeals, etc are the places you want to lool.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a pocket sized Seagate. Tremendous value. I plan on continuing to buy more of these if I need to. I've taken my hard drive to m my friend's house and have been able to log in and play my games. You can't beat that.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99