Can I hook up one or more tb usb storage on the Xbox One?

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
xbox usb storage question

right now im using the 500gbb hdd microsoft released a few months agoo but i wonderin did microsft ever update it so u can hookup a 1 or more tb usb storage like they did on the xbox one ??

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

You can add USB drives as long as they are USB 3 and although I don't know what the upper limit is, I do believe up to 4TB is supported.

Also from what I have read you can format the drive as Games and Apps, or Games Apps and Media, and you have the option to move all your existing games over to the new drive, and from a test done (I either read it here or a link from here) by doing this you can see an increase in speed (Depending on drive chosen).

I will be buying one after Xmas as it turns out my Xbox is my lads "Home" Xbox and in addition to his games I also have his and am running out of space quicker than I planned for :smile:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: xbox usb storage question

Per the Xbox site, on a 360, it looks like you can only go up to 32GB...

Note You can use other USB flash drives to store up to 32 GB of content. Configure these flash drives as memory units to work with the Xbox 360. To learn how to format a USB flash drive for an Xbox 360 console, see Xbox 360 USB flash drive support.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon