How to designate account as child?

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an Xbox One during the Black Friday sale as a family Christmas gift. My account transferred over easily from our 360. My son is getting old enough now that I thought I'd create him an account. The account creation and association as a family member was easy. I want to designate him as a child, but cannot find the place to do that. I've searched the Xbox site for this. I see articles about why they charge 50 cents to verify a child account and some other topics, but nothing on designating an account as a child.

Can someone point me toward something that outlines how to do this?

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When you made his account did you not have to add his day of birth? If so will that not be enough?

No, not when adding his Microsoft account to Xbox. He already had a Microsoft account and his DOB is recorded there. I assume that's why there was no prompt for age. I use Family Safety and his Microsoft account for managing his Windows 8.1 PC.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Been thinking about this overnight, given that most people use the Xbox to play games and the vast majority of those would be what most would call "adult content" I am not sure how the child account would work on an Xbox One.

But you can sort out a lot of control, log into the account in question and go settings and go to "About me" or "Privacy and Online safety" and you can adjust some of the stuff there, also when you set up the OneGuide you can change the "Favourites" to exclude stuff.

You can also choose what each person has pinned to their "Pins" page.

You can then lock down a lot of the settings.

Not saying it's like a PC but there is control to be found, and you would probably be advised to check the account settings every so often to see if the child has made any changes (If they can).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786