Why isn't the Ultimate game sale the same in all countries?

Ruben de Boer

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Ultimate game sale not the same in all countries

Hey, I'm from the Netherlands and when I go to the ultimate game sale for the Xbox one the HMCC is on 40% sale not the 60% the US people got. This is weird as our normal price is already a lot more expensive then the normal US price. I wonder whether I could go to the US website, buy the game there with dollars and then palsy the game on my own Xbox on Dutch region. Anyone know something about this?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought Destiny and Diablo 3 from US region, while being from EU myself. I bought some US Live gift cards, applied them to the US region, bought the game, switched back to my normal region and started downloading. Saved a decent amount with each game cos of how games are priced "$ = ?", even when with conversion rates it really doesnt go like that :D

This is a while back, so I can't guarantee it still works.

The thing that the terms of service and whatnot forbid is giving wrong information. If you try to use a credit card directly when buying from the US region, you are forced to give a US address. Even if they don't really need that for anything, but you are forced to give wrong information there. Chances are they wouldn't care cos the address isnt used for anything, but thats why I got US gift card and used that, I didn't have to give out any wrong info to them.

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ultimate game sale not the same in all countries

Regi?n change trough Xbox site says u can only switch regions 3 months from the last time u changes regions. I never did like that. But I did before that change my hotmail account info and resulted on my Xbox region changed. I didn't dare to change it again after they said u have to wait 3 months between changes

Ruben de Boer

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Probably the title is wrong because the sale percentages weren't different. But i still would like to know if there are more people that can confirm it is still possible to buy games the way that 'Coreldan' did. Already bought the HMCC for the normal EU price since i didn't want to miss the sale :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ultimate game sale not the same in all countries

Regi?n change trough Xbox site says u can only switch regions 3 months from the last time u changes regions. I never did like that. But I did before that change my hotmail account info and resulted on my Xbox region changed. I didn't dare to change it again after they said u have to wait 3 months between changes

It's not about changing your Live region, it's about changing the region of your console. You can change your console's region in the settings. You can also do the shopping with your browser. Just log in to xbox.com and scroll down and change the website localization into the wanted region. Changing your Live-account region isnt the way to go about this.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The Halo:MCC sale this weekend was always 40% off for gold and 33% for silver

The 60% that was being thrown about on other sites was incorrect (the AU test page that got leaked) and was never confirmed by microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte