Why do all Race Car Games Suck for this One Reason?

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Rear car slipping! What the hell is that? No car at 75 MPH slips and slides across the rear? It is dumb. Maybe at like 120 but not at 75 - 85 MPH on a high performance sports car.

I can't get into any racing game because of this. It isn't like natural driving - AT all.

You're thoughts.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
GT 86 Gets loose at 40-50 MPH

you don't need that much speed to drift.

Its all about loosing traction.
It just depends on

1. surface
2. type of tire
3. AWD or RWD

Even if its a high performance sports car, and an RWD you wont be able to get it off the line if you hit pedal to the metal as such without any traction control or launch control.

It is natural.

Edit : try digging into You Tube for some real videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvOHAoSjLRk

it is not dumb at all ... its the hard reality and face it.

also depends on throttle control also.

Mild and gradual = nice and smooth.
Hard and pedal to the metal = spin in ones own tire smoke.

No matter what speed you are in, if you are not gentle with the throttle your rear will come loose. (in an RWD )

and one more thing .... aerodynamics .... down-force. duh !!

The faster you go (if your car is aerodynamic) the more grip you get and it will be harder to get it sliding.

At low speeds there wont be enough down-force to keep it sticking to the road so ... it tends to get loose.

Its not just for the F1 ... applies for normal cars also.

well you haven't done your research clearly ... that why it appears dumb to you.

Game devs of this decade are quite intelligent and are good at getting the physics right.

So deal with the reality.

For you i think the best way to enter a racing game is to start with the need for speed titles one by one. (its suitable for gamers like you complaining about uncontrollability)

and after you have learned to control your throttle you may proceed to SIM games

Watch this also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_eIZjiLUk

Last edited:

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
the top video you showed is completely understood... but that isn't what i am speaking of. it is the car seemingly driving normally and the back just slips and slides like nothing. not even a tire mark is produced or sound. I am the only one that notices this?

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
the top video you showed is completely understood... but that isn't what i am speaking of. it is the car seemingly driving normally and the back just slips and slides like nothing. not even a tire mark is produced or sound. I am the only one that notices this?

Use traction control (If available).
Tire slipping needn't happen in the start. It can happen while on the run also if the throttle is not given properly.
See the second video (link in the last line of the previous post)

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I see what you're saying but you don't see my point at all? There is just perhaps too much of it. Drifting and starting I totally get those use cases. But just going down the road at 80- 90 and my back is swaying around is ultra annoying to me. And I truly believe unrealistic.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have to agree, its what made me give up on Forza 5. You'd expect to be able to take a straight with some degree of speed but I found the car always got more jittery and hard to handle, compared to driving a real car at the same speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo