Is there a preference setting to get my Xbox One streaming to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Xbox one streaming to windows 10

My Xbox one doesn't have the specific preference setting that will allow me to stream my Xbox one game play to Windows 10.

I am a part of the windows insider program, and was told yesterday by Xbox support that this preference setting is available for all Xbox one owners, you can imagine the distress I was in after trying for an hour to stream to my laptop and then realising that the specific option is missing from my Xbox one.
There should be an option that support stated is available for everyone on the Xbox one, I can't remember the full extent of the name, but it has (Beta) written next to it.

Does anyone know why this option isn't showing up, as Xbox support blame it on windows 10 and the windows 10 FAQ's blame it on Xbox.
So far no one has been able to assist me, and I am starting to get annoyed with Microsoft all together

Donald Rachel

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Xbox one streaming to windows 10

Dude I am having the exact same problem... Been working on this sh** for one week now. No results. Everything is updates. Latest Windows 10, latest Xbox One update, tried WiFi and Lan. Nothing. The option "allow game streaming to other devices xbox one" is not available on my Xbox One and when I try to stream through Windows 10 App I just get a "Start Test" button and nothing happens.
Would really apprecaite if anyone has a solution and I will of course post my solution here if I come up with any ideas on how to fix this.:unhappysweat:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
You are in the windows insider preview, but are you on the xbox one preview program which is separate.

Your xbox one has to be on preview and the option is there somewhere i forget, i had trouble finding it, but was able to find a video from larry hyrb to get to the setting. if your xbox one is not in the preview program, you can not stream because the option isnt there to toggle on in your xbox one settings.

SImply

Step 1 - xbox one in the preview program
step 2- toggle on streaming on your xbox one
step 3 - be in the windows insider preview

If you are in the xbox one preview program and still can't find, not sure what to say .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077