So I guess it's time to pack away the 360 and get a One???

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So am I to assume it's now time to put away the 360 for storage and get an Xbox One??

The 360 will soon be done with updates and no further platform upgrades will come it's way?

Has Microsoft said anything about it, other then adding 360 games to the One over time??

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Why pack up the 360?? I still play mine... in fact I play my 360 a whole lot more than my X1.

Plus with stores like GameStop doing 4 for $10 sales on Xbox 360 games from time to time why not pick up those 360 games you never got around to playing and finally giving them a shot?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For starters, the Xbox One's backwards compatibility can make the 360 hardware obsolete, depending on what you intend to play. I sold my 360 a month or so after I got my One, as I knew I wouldn't take the time to play both. I can't say I miss the thing. The real reason I think it's time to let the 360 go, is if you're wanting the latest games to be their best. Shadow of Mordor had the best aspect of the game, it Nemsis A.I. system, gutted for the last-gen consoles, and the quality suffered (look at its PS4/X1 ratings vs PS3/360). Black Ops 3 is going to be $10 cheaper on the last-gen consoles than the current ones because they're not putting the campaign in AT ALL. Dying Light, the best game I've played on Xbox One, didn't even go to the last-gen consoles. Then, you've got the latest from 343 and Turn 10 (Halo and Forza), some other nice exclusives (Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay), and the upcoming third-party stuff that's going to abandon the 360 (like Ubi's Division and Siege).

If you're more about playing older stuff because you don't like spending $60 to get a game at release, I'm sure there are a lot of hidden gems from the console you can still enjoy. However, 2015 is really the start of the end of the 360's major software support. Microsoft's IP is barely bothering to support it. Third-party stuff is on its way out. I think this could legitimately be the last CoD on the 360, unless they want to continue releasing gutted versions with online play only. For new games, the 360's dead in the water.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree 100% that for brand new releases, the 360 has just about seen it's day. But on the other side, there are close to, or slightly over, 1,000 games available (EDIT: 1,163 games according to Wikipedia) for the 360 and I have only played a fraction of them.

Graphics aren't the most important thing in the world to me so I don't mind playing a game from a few years ago that I missed when it was new. And if I can get a game like Murdered: Soul Suspect for $5 on 360 compared to $30 on X1 I can live with the graphics not being as good because the rest of the game is exactly the same. Plus with the 2 free games a month with "Games with Gold" my collection grows all the time for no extra money.

I quite enjoy my X1 but I still find myself playing my 360 more. Will I buy Black Ops 3 or NHL 16 on 360 with their missing features and missing game modes over the X1 versions? Absolutely not! But if I can pick up Assassin's Creed Rouge or Alan Wake for a couple bucks on 360 I will happily do so. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss