Anyone troubled by the lack of Win10 features being revealed for XB1?

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So all the E3s, gaming conventions, and talk of Win10 being one ecosystem across PC/tablet, phone, and Xbox.

But what troubles me (and I have no idea why the reporters werent asking these questions) but how will XB1 play into the whole Win10 ecosystem?

All I hear is about the streaming. Something I dont care 2 craps about.

What about working in Cortana into Kinect commands, or viewing emails or texts from my xbox instead of going to your computer?
What about expanding the supported apps from 40 to about 40,000?
Make streaming movies from the PC to the Xbox a snap? Maybe use the controller as some sort of remote control.

MS failed (and no seems to care) to introduce this idea of the single 'ecosystem'. If i own a Win10 PC, phone, and Xbox I should be fine with only one of them next to me. Thats what a single ecosystem is all about. (granted i dont expect my xbox to use excel or word as that is on some lines impracticable).

I have been crossing my fingers hoping to hear something more than just streaming. But seems all the beta testing and conversations seem geared towards that.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay.
1. Universal apps have already been announced (a long time ago) for Xbox One.
2. Cortana for Xbox One was already announced ( a long time ago).
3. Streaming movies from PC to Xbox One is already a snap (right click video file on PC and there's an option there, or with movie playing in Movies & TV app, there's a Cast to button and choose Xbox)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not a worry to me at all.

We've seen from past updates pushed out just how flexible and open the platform is for change. Don't forget that Xbox One has been designed to have a long life, so changes don't have to be rushed in.

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay.
1. Universal apps have already been announced (a long time ago) for Xbox One.
2. Cortana for Xbox One was already announced ( a long time ago).
3. Streaming movies from PC to Xbox One is already a snap (right click video file on PC and there's an option there, or with movie playing in Movies & TV app, there's a Cast to button and choose Xbox)

Ya i briefly remember these promises as well. But specifics or demo or any follow up information has been MIA for quit some time.
But i guess same could be said about 95% of what MS promised regarding Win10. Lots of Work In Progress features, that may never see the light of day.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya i briefly remember these promises as well. But specifics or demo or any follow up information has been MIA for quit some time.
But i guess same could be said about 95% of what MS promised regarding Win10. Lots of Work In Progress features, that may never see the light of day.

Dude.. this is the first preview of Windows 10 for Xbox. They've already showcased a lot of those features. And as I said, the streaming movies from PC to Xbox is already as easy as it gets. No Windows 10 Update needed for that one.

patternjake

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Here we go, this is what is coming November

-Windows 10 Powered XBOX ONE OS and 'New Experience Dashboard' (kernel version 10)
-XBOX 360 Backwards Compatibility on 100 launch titles, then more coming later. (XBOX 360 virtual machine) I have Rare Replay which emulates 360 titles.
-DVR features for TV (requires an external hard drive for recording content)
-Cortana integration
-Edge Browser, Internet Explorer is still going to be kept for those who want it
-Universal Apps, but I'm pretty sure it won't have access to the whole Windows Store library. Although Candy Crush would be nice on the XBOX ONE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss