Can't play Halo 5 with my boys! No local Co-op is VERY Disappointing!!!

DaytonaGTS

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My two boys were so excited last night to finally go out to the store and get Halo 5. My oldest could not stop jumping up and down and talking about how much fun it was going to be to play thru the new campaign with me. One of the customers leaned over to me and said " you must be the coolest dad ever to buy the new Halo for your boy"

That all came to a halt when we sat down with our controllers went to campaign coop and could not figure out how to log him into the game. I went around and around for quite awhile until my son read the game case and it gave the only option for coop as Xbox live. Then I had to explain to them what that really meant. Talk about two very disappointed boys who spend a lot of time playing games together and now the one they have been waiting on for an eternity doesn't allow them to do that.

We made the best of what we were dealt, so we took turns playing the first level one at a time. By the time it was my turn the interest was in taking a bath and not playing the game anymore.

When I was on my way to work this morning I was just getting more upset thinking about how selfish 343 and Microsoft is in making this decision. I am not about to buy another Xbox one and game and TV just to play coop with my boys. I wish I could just bring it back and get my money back for what is turning out to be the most disappointing release of Halo I have ever seen.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, this has been known, discussed, and complained about for weeks, if not months. It's why you don't want to go on a total information lockdown leading up to a big game .Another example is that Star Wars Battlefront has no in-game voice chat, meaning you can't talk to people not in Party Chart with you.

Garcessist

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Not many people will read websites and so forth before a game launches. They see the commercials and then go buy it. They should have labeled the game as solo play and no co op in the commercial.

macrohard01

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My two boys were so excited last night to finally go out to the store and get Halo 5. My oldest could not stop jumping up and down and talking about how much fun it was going to be to play thru the new campaign with me. One of the customers leaned over to me and said " you must be the coolest dad ever to buy the new Halo for your boy"

That all came to a halt when we sat down with our controllers went to campaign coop and could not figure out how to log him into the game. I went around and around for quite awhile until my son read the game case and it gave the only option for coop as Xbox live. Then I had to explain to them what that really meant. Talk about two very disappointed boys who spend a lot of time playing games together and now the one they have been waiting on for an eternity doesn't allow them to do that.

We made the best of what we were dealt, so we took turns playing the first level one at a time. By the time it was my turn the interest was in taking a bath and not playing the game anymore.

When I was on my way to work this morning I was just getting more upset thinking about how selfish 343 and Microsoft is in making this decision. I am not about to buy another Xbox one and game and TV just to play coop with my boys. I wish I could just bring it back and get my money back for what is turning out to be the most disappointing release of Halo I have ever seen.
I also had a similar experience. Disappointment. Money Back.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Pick up a second Xbox One for cheap. There are some amazing holiday bundles now that come with 4+ titles. You can always sell those to make that $300-350 console now way below $300. Sell back the disc version of Halo 5 and buy the digital version.

Halo 5 (the digital version) can be used simultaneously on 2 Xbox One consoles for everything including online play. Also, Xbox Live Gold now, everyone in the family shares that one Gold account for online play.

You have 2 Xbox One consoles. The Gold member designates a console as the "home" console. Every account that plays on the home console gets Gold privileges such as online multiplayer. So a family only needs 1 Gold account. If friends come over and play on that home console, they can play online (when they go home, they revert to Xbox Live Free).

For the game... On the home console, any user (any user account) can play the game. Gamers can also play it offline and the true owner does not need to be logged in. On any other console, the true owner of the game can play the game as well as any other gamers on that console as long as the true owner is logged into that secondary console. Of course, for the owner to be logged in, the console must be online.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You can actually look at the back of the game before you buy it and see that it has no split screen co-op... This is 100% the buyers fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo