My xbox one wont turn on.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, I haven't turned on my xbox in awhile, and now that I want to play, it's not turning on. I never touched the wires, everything's plugged, but the button wont turn it on. ::unhappysweat:

I was also enrolled to the xbox one beta program, but my friends who are also enrolled haven't had any issue.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
unplug at the mains for 5 minutes, then switch mains plug back on and then turn on via the button at the console.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
have had it happen myself, not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some protective mechanism in the external xb1 power brick, as if sometimes it shorts deliberately and waits a while before being able to be turned on. glad it helped! :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
have had it happen myself, not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some protective mechanism in the external xb1 power brick, as if sometimes it shorts deliberately and waits a while before being able to be turned on. glad it helped! :)

I've had to do this before, I have had the Xbox one (early on release) lock up solid while in a multi-player game on chat.... Seems to be resolved.... Power cord for a few seconds normally resolves it.. other times 3-5 min does it..

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I think there's a lock up mode of some kind if it was not shut down properly for brown outs, etc or if it has not been used in a long time. I've had it happen once. Switched off the surge protector for a few minutes and worked after. Put a UPS on it later that also serves as a power conditioner. Have not had the problem since. I wonder if it may do that in response to voltage changes because it doesn't stay a stable 120 from the outlet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi