Xbox One Games Ebay

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking at Xbox One games on eBay mainly Blops3 and there seems a massive influx of the digital games where the seller sends/sells you an account and you then are able to install the game on your x1.

Surely this is illegal or against Microsoft terms and conditions.

Ps Xbox One digital games are a right rip off on the Microsoft store. ?54 for blops3 when u can get a disk copy for ?35-?40. Surely this stupidness has to end.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy them.

If you do you'll find they reset the account password after the deadline for creating a case has passed so they can sell the game\account again. EBay's buyer protection does not cover digital goods. Some do pass the security details on to you but I strongly suspect the games have been purchased using stolen credit card details. Who knows what that, now effectively laundered, money is funding.

The only semi safe was to purchase digital games on ebay is the codes to assign them to your own account. You still won't have eBay's buyer protection as they don't cover digital goods, although if they ship a card with the number not scratched off you may be covered.

And yes, Microsoft need to address the prices in the digital store, but I suspect that with so many people game sharing this is unlikely to happen. Roll on the digital sales....

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
A bit off topic. Just bought an Xbox. Im in no way interested in physical disc. When i go to the Xbox store to purchase a game, will a physical game be sent to my address? Or will i just get a code/authentication to download the digital copy?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
A bit off topic. Just bought an Xbox. Im in no way interested in physical disc. When i go to the Xbox store to purchase a game, will a physical game be sent to my address? Or will i just get a code/authentication to download the digital copy?

I purchased Minecraft, through the Xbox Store and it just downloaded.
The nice thing about digital downloads is that it's available for anyone that signs into my home console AND I can play it on any console I sign in to.
Plus, disc games require the disc (no option to fully-install, that I'm aware of).
JJ

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased Minecraft, through the Xbox Store and it just downloaded.
The nice thing about digital downloads is that it's available for anyone that signs into my home console AND I can play it on any console I sign in to.
Plus, disc games require the disc (no option to fully-install, that I'm aware of).
JJ

Well, the game DOES fully install. When you play the game, it just looks for the disc to verfiy that you own it. If you listen to the drive when your playing a game, you can hear the disk is doing nothing besides sitting in the drive.

If you want "digital" games only, your best bet is to buy them on the Xbox one. If you shop ebay, some people are selling cards with the code on it, as long as it's never opened or used, you can be ok.(these normally come with the Xbox one, or promotional ones from OEMs)

Anyone who will send you an account is a scam and you might be able to play the game for a few days to a few weeks, the password will be reset and you will lose access to it at some point. I guess if it was cheap enough, it would be a rental.

Anyway BLOPS 3 is going for like $40 in some stores, might be worth just buying at retail.

Anyway about it, I like digital games but, retail disks are a better deal, always have been and always will be, even if you shop the USED game market (ebay, etc)

I agree it should change, every new game should be $54.99, and fully monitor sales and be cheaper than advertised sales but, of course they dont want to deal with that.

Last edited:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I will add that if you have a friend with an xbone or 2 xbones's Digital is cheaper then physical IMHO. When you buy digital you are actually getting 2 copies of the game, one that is tied to your Home xbox, and one that is tied to your account. This allows you to share games between 2 xbones. My friend and I get brand new games on day one splitting the cost 50/50 :).

supadryz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't buy them.

If you do you'll find they reset the account password after the deadline for creating a case has passed so they can sell the game\account again. EBay's buyer protection does not cover digital goods. Some do pass the security details on to you but I strongly suspect the games have been purchased using stolen credit card details. Who knows what that, now effectively laundered, money is funding.

The only semi safe was to purchase digital games on ebay is the codes to assign them to your own account. You still won't have eBay's buyer protection as they don't cover digital goods, although if they ship a card with the number not scratched off you may be covered.

I would never buy an Xbox account from ebay and what you say is true but just a curious question, if they are giving you the xbox live account details could you not just change email address, password etc. once you are given details

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would never buy an Xbox account from ebay and what you say is true but just a curious question, if they are giving you the xbox live account details could you not just change email address, password etc. once you are given details
You could, however the account requires a verification code to change the password. This gets sent to an email address owned by the seller. Even if you manage to get the account reset, they can still provide proof that they own the account to Microsoft as they can provide details about when the account was created, recovery codes etc.

In short, if it's an account you are buying, AVOID!!, if it's a code you can apply to your account, then take a chance if you are willing to loose your money. View the feedback for similar products for the same seller before you purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs