Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Am I going to be able to keep my premium shirt and pants that give the 20% XP boost when I get to the point where I'm trying to boost my armor rating? They level with me, so it'd be nice if they boasted a high rating when I reach 70.

The ensorcelled set will work for quite a while, but those too will eventually get upgraded so that you can get some with a slot (one for shirt and one for pants). You are in a better position with those in that you'll probably work on that last and they may have better items readily available by then.

Regarding the Fey Trinkets, I need to make my rounds in Sharandar tonight (all areas). I only have the last 2 boons to go and those are close. I'm trying to calculate what I absolutely need and what I have extra (giving the difference to the guild). It's always something though.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The ensorcelled set will work for quite a while, but those too will eventually get upgraded so that you can get some with a slot (one for shirt and one for pants). You are in a better position with those in that you'll probably work on that last and they may have better items readily available by then.

Regarding the Fey Trinkets, I need to make my rounds in Sharandar tonight (all areas). I only have the last 2 boons to go and those are close. I'm trying to calculate what I absolutely need and what I have extra (giving the difference to the guild). It's always something though.

Thanks dude. Somebody donated 1K Fey Trinkets, which finished off that goal for us. We still need Gems most of all (and he double Refinement weekend doesn't help us with that goal!).

Besides gems, we also need Influence in a big way for the next Stronghold upgrade. So everyone who can handle Heroic Encounters at the Stronghold, please try to do some of those daily. We'll try to organize an hour or so every week where we team up and work on those too.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dude. Somebody donated 1: Fey Trinkets, which finished off that goal for us. We still need Gems most of all (and he double Refinement weekend doesn't help us with that goal!).

Besides gems, we also need Influence in a big way for the next Stronghold upgrade. So everyone who can handle Heroic Encounters at the Stronghold, please try to do some of those daily. We'll try to organize an hour or so every week where we team up and work on those too.

As long as it's during a time I can play, I should be able to help with those encounters. I haven't played much in the past few days, since I've hit 60 or so. Just not been in the mood to do the same dungeon a 51st time, haha.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Same, I'm not strong enough to tackle Heroic on my own but would gladly join a party to go hunting :)

I'll probably be online from 7AM to about 10AM PST tomorrow morning.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, of course all those questions about shirts/pants and I found a nice set in Mantol-Derith for just some demonic icor. Level 135 and everything. Of course, this was after I pissed away 70k AD on another set. Sometimes I hate this game :)

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So, of course all those questions about shirts/pants and I found a nice set in Mantol-Derith for just some demonic icor. Level 135 and everything. Of course, this was after I pissed away 70k AD on another set. Sometimes I hate this game :)

This happens every time a new expansion comes :) the best armor is still from guild stronghold but it will take sometime to reach there. Whatever that's from Mantol, would be the latest best gear.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The guild Message of the Day states that a Gem challenge is starting. What time does that being? I'm struggling to do much in-game now because my bags are almost full while I keep the things hoarded for the challenge.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've started updating the OP with useful links. I want it to eventually be more comprehensive, but we'll get there. If you know of any good guides, please share them and I'll check 'em out.

BTW, I'm level 70 now. Whooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

The guild Message of the Day states that a Gem challenge is starting. What time does that being? I'm struggling to do much in-game now because my bags are almost full while I keep the things hoarded for the challenge.

It starts when I get home from work this morning and update the message. Will run through Thursday morning at the same time. Keep in mind the main prize is a Green Owlbear, but if you win you could either use the Owlbear for your alt or we'll give you a Stronghold Promo Pack (which contains stuff to donate for guild marks) instead.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I saw those new items this weekend. It's probably the new cheapest slotted shirt / pants combo (and has a small set bonus), but it's still not quite as good as the gemmed exquisite pair which goes for much more than 70kAD on the AH (Dusk set is lvl 135, gemmed exquisite is lvl 145). The dusk set is much better than the non-slot version though and I really hate that you are out 70kAD. I wish I could say I haven't done that, but I've done it multiple times (DOLT!).

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Contest time!

Donate all the gems you can during the contest. Participants must also have subscribed to this thread and posted in it. We're checking!

The person who donates the most receives a Green Owlbear Mount (80% speed bonus, can't be bought)

Contest runs now through Thursday, February 25 at 6am PT.

If we hit our donation goal and get enough gems to build the Guild Marketplace by Wednesday, February 24 at 6am PT (1 day before the contest ends), second and third place donors get a prize too! Winner(s) can choose between Green Owlbear Mount and a Profession Pack.

Contest details have also been sent to guild members via in-game Mail. Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Donated all my gems to the guild last weekend since silly me missed the message and I'm away on business till Wednesday night so won't be able to help much but honestly just looking forward to getting that building done so we can start donating more stuff again once the coffers aren't so full.

Good luck everyone! :)

josh smith14

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
well crap. Used all my gems this weekend with refinement bonus going. Will keep donating as I get more. Have plenty of gold to keep the supply full.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
No worries, the game's not even working right now because XBL is crapping its pants.

Yeah, we'd have the Marketplace built right now if I could get into the game. Frustrating.

Also, I hope the good donors actually join this thread (and tell us who they are in the game) as required from the contest.

Update: The Marketplace has been built!

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Great news! We took in 5K Gems in one day, and so now the Marketplace has been built!!!! This adds four new vendors the our Stronghold. Two are located in the left side of the Stronghold and two in the right side.

Now we can buy and sell things from within the Stronghold without having to be a high level VIP. Some items cost Glory (earned from PvP), whereas others cost Guild Marks. You get Guild Marks by donating to the Coffer! At this point, we're only allowed to buy some food items and Overload Gems with our Guild Marks, but new items such as Armor and Accessories will unlock when we upgrade the Marketplace to Rank 2.

Our next goal is to upgrade the Stronghold to Level 2! Check out the requirements. Big things we need are Gems and Influence. You can get Influence by completing Heroic Encounters in the Stronghold area. Players in the high 60s should be able to survive Heroic Encounters on their own, but it's a good idea to bring a friend to make it faster and easier. You'll also get lots of gems and campaign treasures for completing Heroic Encounters, so please prioritize them!

Because we hit our goal so fast, we're extending and adding to the contest a bit. If we can get the 15K gems needed by Friday, we'll give out prizes to the top four winners instead of the top three! That's another chance to win, so don't stop donating gems!

Finally, we have a new permanent shortened URL for this thread!!! http://bit.do/wcguild

Not in this for the mount but my ign is Amonon Coilbone

Happy to have you in the thread, Josh!

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite annoyed. I haven't been able to get into the game in several hours. I'd say 5+ hours I've been trying to get in my last 2 invocations, but it's not 1:30 AM, so I'll just let it go. Glad the MP is up, though!

Jamehz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for creating this guild! It's good to put some (virtual) faces to the articles I read daily!

Throwing my hat in for the gem-a-thon. My game name is Berranzan. Had the pleasure of going through a few HE's last night at the Stronghold with some folks, and man, I have a long way to advance.. Being a L67 TR i'm just at the cusp of being able to get some real equipment and just maybe putting a dent into some of these orcs.. just have to grind it out for a little while longer.. stuck right now at Vault of the Nine..

Question for everyone.. is the Tyrrany of Dragons campaign worth going through the "helping the ___ alliances" 3 times each and get to the top of the "Rise of Tiamat", or should I simply aim to get enough arcane lore to get the Boons on the right side of the chart?

Thanks again!

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for creating this guild! It's good to put some (virtual) faces to the articles I read daily!

Throwing my hat in for the gem-a-thon. My game name is Berranzan. Had the pleasure of going through a few HE's last night at the Stronghold with some folks, and man, I have a long way to advance.. Being a L67 TR i'm just at the cusp of being able to get some real equipment and just maybe putting a dent into some of these orcs.. just have to grind it out for a little while longer.. stuck right now at Vault of the Nine..

Question for everyone.. is the Tyrrany of Dragons campaign worth going through the "helping the ___ alliances" 3 times each and get to the top of the "Rise of Tiamat", or should I simply aim to get enough arcane lore to get the Boons on the right side of the chart?

Thanks again!

Sorry for late reply, you need to clear the bottom 3, assist Emerald Enclave and Assist Zhentarim, other branches gave you armor and keys, in order for you to get first 3 boon you have to hunt down 5 dragons total daily, 4-5 boon u need to be lvl70 to do epic lostmauth or Shores of Tuern epic to get a unique item for the upgrade. Alternatively you can buy them from AH.

You can start dropping the earlier dragons when u have enough for the boon.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999