Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If we can come up with a decent time/day for a HE (heroic event) farm, I think that would be pretty fun. It also would give lower level chars to complete the HE quests in the stronghold (along with xp and gems). Is there an interest or perhaps suggestions one when to schedule this?

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If we can come up with a decent time/day for a HE (heroic event) farm, I think that would be pretty fun. It also would give lower level chars to complete the HE quests in the stronghold (along with xp and gems). Is there an interest or perhaps suggestions one when to schedule this?

Maybe sometime when Paul comes back? His on PAX now next week maybe? Do we need more than 5?

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 tiers of HEs (5+ and 15+ I think are the #s). We should be fine with 3-5 people. No rush on doing this, but I think people would enjoy doing some group events. Next week is fine with me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't played this in a few days myself. I think I'm at 14 or 15. The leveling's just SUCH a bore. There's no challenge, originality, or entertainment in these quests. shouldn't be a healer who pulls 3-6 mods 2 levels higher than him, then leave the battle with almost no damage taken. It just feels like a punishment gate to suffer through to earn the right to play real content.

Now that I'm in the beta for The Division this weekend (as well as Homefront: The Revolution's one-day deal), and Infinity's Armory is out in Halo 5, IDK if I'll get back to this until next week.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Im stuck at stronghold. Can't interact with anything. I hope they fix it soon. Thinking of getting The Division since its mmorpg.

I'm going to be all over it. I spent some time in the beta today, and plan to do so more this weekend. It feels so great, minus some character control complaints (the dodge roll is erratic and rounding cover can be too slow). Honestly, the main complaint I'm going to have will be the same as Destiny, that the actual RPG elements seem to be almost entirely based on gear, and not character progression. You have 3 trees and a total of 12 talents, I think it was. That's not even real RPG design, no depth at all. However, the world looks amazing and seems to have pretty good size, the guns feels really good, and it's reasonably difficult (I did one of the 3 major starting missions solo on the harder of the two difficulties, and it gave me some issues).

I'm hoping there's a bit more AI complexity as well, because they'll attempt flanking tactics, but mostly one at a time. IF they did it in pairs/groups, it could really ratchet up the intensity, rather than having slow funnels of dumb, clunky AI enemies who legitimately hop about like chimps when they get close. Still, I'm stoked for The Division, it's looking like a strong option after Destiny seemed to make a total mess of itself.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Reminder! This weekend, guild members receive double Guild Marks for donations to the guild stronghold coffer. These guild marks will allow you to purchase unique endgame equipment once we build the Guild Marketplace a bit down the line.

Additionally, Stronghold Chests that contain important items to donate to the coffer are on sale for 25% off right now. So is the Stronghold Starter Pack, which normally sells for $35 in Zen. Get it for $26.50 worth of Zen this weekend. It includes 8 valuable chests and one 36-slot bag for 1 character. Great time to get it if you've been wanting another bag or to help the guild advance faster.

Be sure to do your guild dailies and donate every day during this weekend! And don't forget, next weekend is Double XP Weekend! That will be the best time to advance in the game. And to sweeten the pot, we'll have a Twitch stream with a unique mount giveaway on Saturday the 13th at 6pm Pacific. Don't miss it!

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to convert gold to astral diamonds in the game? I know you can do diamonds for zen, but I'm sitting on 200 gold at the moment, and I can't even donate it to the guild because we're "full".

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to convert gold to astral diamonds in the game? I know you can do diamonds for zen, but I'm sitting on 200 gold at the moment, and I can't even donate it to the guild because we're "full".

Can't convert gold to astral diamond, only way is to buy items with gold from player then sell it on AH for astral diamond. Some users do sell event item for gold, like the purse event 2 days back? I bought 2 big chest for 210gold, can probably go 30k AD each but I open them :p

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys feel any lag or rubber banding today while playing? I'm having terrible lag, tried restarting router and everything it's the same, only started happening since 1-2 days ago after some small patch...

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any "extra" lag the last couple days, but the Denial of Service attacks have been off and on the past week or so. You can never tell when they pop up. I'm just one data point, but it hasn't changed for me since the patch.

I noticed that we've had several people obtain level 70 (or are very close). A few things that might help knowing is that you probably aren't ready for epic dungeons yet. I now that they are allowed for item level 1600 and higher, but they are too tough to complete at that item level. The rule of thumb is to add 400 to that limit. So Tier 1 epic dungeons will really need an item level of 2000 (instead of 1600) to be "do-able".

So what's a fresh lvl 70 to do? Get some boons and better gear (level that artifact weapon). You should start in Sharandar area first, Dread Ring second, Icewind Dale third and then Well of Dragons. That's the order in increasing difficulty. As you complete the campaigns, you'll unlock boons that will make your character much more powerful.

I would love to start doing some raiding as a guild. If we can get 5 lvl 70s, then we can at least try a Epic Shores of Tuern and you can see how it works in practice. My bubble pally is at iLvl 2000, so I can bring the bubble.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally hit level 70....now what? :)

I got my "artifact" weapon from the last quest on Spinward Rise (I got lucky and the guards of the seed were gone), I unlocked Sharandar...but that's about it. I did try to do one of the new Stonghold quests and got smoked by some random group of creatures. Is it just a matter of going through the quests in Sharandar?

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I finally hit level 70....now what? :)

I got my "artifact" weapon from the last quest on Spinward Rise (I got lucky and the guards of the seed were gone), I unlocked Sharandar...but that's about it. I did try to do one of the new Stonghold quests and got smoked by some random group of creatures. Is it just a matter of going through the quests in Sharandar?

Yeah start doing quest in Sharandar then dread ring, will get extra boon from there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077