Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've never come across any of the Cubes of Augmentation (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) randomly. I bought one very early in my game figuring it sounded cool only to realize that I didn't have anything to use it on. I finally realized that it was for your artifact weapon and that you needed 4. So I bought 3 more, applied it, and got the next most useless weapon boost. So, I have an artifact that has two boosted skills, neither of which do I use. I've been tempted to buy 4 more, as 2 of the 3 remaining boosts would be useful, but since it's random, I suspect I'd get the next most useless one.

Buying from the trade house would be the cheapest? Where did those ppl get them from?? Hhmm

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sunday's Stronghold Heroic Encounters session was a lot of fun. The following people showed up on time (during the morning):

• Faith (Sunstar)
  • Ulvein (Littlebib)
  • IccyAsd
  • Vee (AluHS)
  • EastX!
And Berranzan (Jamehz) popped on just as we were finishing for the day, around noon CT. Thanks to all of you for participating. :D

We scored some nice influence, but next week it would be great if the other members of the forum thread here and the guild at large attended. If at least 10 people would participate every Sunday, we could make a huge dent in the Influence we need for the next upgrade. Everyone, unless work prevents you from coming, please try to set aside Sunday mornings (or a portion thereof) to team up with your guildmates.

Just came to say hi. I'm Farlyn Cheysul@Thyrennia. Fairly active (just at weird times) HR looking forward to actually be able to play with an active guild. I'll try to be around as long as I can on Sundays. Start work shortly after noon so... but see you all around ^.^

Hi, I'm Jeb buttkiss@orangebark03. I've been in the guild for about two weeks but never got around to posting until now. I'm a level 68 oathborne paladin (protection) and I'm pretty active usually early mornings eastern time though I get on throughout the day sporadically. I hope to have a lot of fun with you all

Welcome to the thread, you guys! Glad to have you in the guild. Please keep in touch with us here and in the game.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Send me a reminder. I got on Sunday, but didn't even think about it. Part of the problem is that The Division is out now, and it's just so much better. I'll definitely hop on to help, if there's a spot for me, but I'm not sure how much I'll play otherwise during the week.

Viva La Stark

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!

I am Arya Stark. Joined a few days ago and looking to have a blast with a lot of new peeps.

GT: Vivalawong

Played since the launching of the PC version but because of my cpu being a piece of junk cannot play on that platform anymore. However I started playing the Xbox one version upon release March 31st 2015.

Arya Stark (TR lvl 70)

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Viva! You've been super helpful to the guild so far. Always available to team up, which is great.

Reminder everybody! Sunday morning is Stronghold Heroic Encounter time! We *might* also do some HEs after tonight's weekly stream. Please try to tune in if you can, and then you'll be ready to participate if we have the time. :)

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Next silly question - do companions who aren't currently summoned help your stats? In other words, should you fill all the companion slots and level them up? I've been playing with really only a single companion who's leveled up because I figured why bother if he's working out for me.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Next silly question - do companions who aren't currently summoned help your stats? In other words, should you fill all the companion slots and level them up? I've been playing with really only a single companion who's leveled up because I figured why bother if he's working out for me.

If you look, every companion has an "Active bonus" I think it's called. This applies to you as long as it's slotted, even if not summoned. So yes, you do get benefits from having more than one active.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Hhmm there is actually more to the Companion system, filling all available companion slots is the way to go so all active stats will benefit your character. Before your start upgrading them to Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary check on what is the active stats they are giving you, get those that benefit you the most.

Now after understanding all that i would like to highlight 2 types of Companion that not many player are aware off, Augment & None-Augment Companion. All Ioun Stones and a few extra companions like Chicken & Cat are part of the Augment Companion, they do not engage in enemy & cannot be killed, they only add their stats on to you. So any equipment/runestone you put on them benefits you directly (only if its summon) unlike None-Augment Companion.

Here is the list of them
Augment - Official Neverwinter Wiki

2 ways to get you extra stats by boosting your companion with Eldritch Runestones & Bonding Runestones (Zen Store/Trade House only), Bonding Runestones does not work on Augment Companion because they need to attack enemy for it to proc.

We are currently missing out alot on the Xbox version of Neverwinter, we do not have SwordCoast Adventures mini game for Companion, we are also missing companion equipment (epic 2 slots rings/neck/waist)
Sword Coast Adventures - Official Neverwinter Wiki

Let me know if you guys need more info about this :)

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We've started construction on Guild Hall Level 3!!! It will be done in two days. Update: The upgrade is now done. See comment below.

Thanks to everyone who helped this past week, including Iccy, WestX, LiLFrier, IndiaXA, Sunstar, AluHS, and Pandjaman.

We really need to work on getting our lapsed players (especially those who are members of this forum) back into the game. Our number of active players is too low, so the rest of us end up having to put in double the effort (or 4x in my case) to make up for them. If you subscribe to this thread but haven't played in a while, please chime in and let us know what's up.

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Our Level 3 Guild Hall is now complete!

The next thing we need to work on is building a Quarry. And the good news is it will be much easier than upgrading the Guild Hall. Here are the requirements:

Everyone please try to donate those missing three ingredients. Anyone level 30 or higher should have no trouble earning Treasures of Tyranny from fighting dragons and completing Treasures of Tyranny campaign quests. Dark Gifts come from the level 70-only Dread Ring campaign, I believe.

And when we eventually go for Guild Hall Level 4, this is what it will cost:

Don't forget to help keep this forum thread alive, and please join us every Sunday morning for Guild Heroic Encounters day!

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So just to keep this thread alive, I finally have my secondary character up to level 70. Bubble paladin this time (first was Hunter Ranger). What a different game playing with the paladin. I think in my entire run up to level 70 I died once, and that was because I tried some huge heroic encounter by myself just to see what would happen. But, I have noticed that I don't do nearly the damage that my HR does. It takes my paladin a lot longer to kill some of the bigger enemies, but I just don't die (I'm sure that's coming). For example, I can fight pretty much anything in the Well of Dragons with the paladin (with no boons), where my HR still can't go it alone there with quite a number of boons and better equipment. So, if you haven't tried other types of characters, I would suggest doing so, as the game can play very differently. Now, if only I was around on a Sunday morning...I'll be back in about 3 Sundays I think.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So just to keep this thread alive, I finally have my secondary character up to level 70. Bubble paladin this time (first was Hunter Ranger). What a different game playing with the paladin. I think in my entire run up to level 70 I died once, and that was because I tried some huge heroic encounter by myself just to see what would happen. But, I have noticed that I don't do nearly the damage that my HR does. It takes my paladin a lot longer to kill some of the bigger enemies, but I just don't die (I'm sure that's coming). For example, I can fight pretty much anything in the Well of Dragons with the paladin (with no boons), where my HR still can't go it alone there with quite a number of boons and better equipment. So, if you haven't tried other types of characters, I would suggest doing so, as the game can play very differently. Now, if only I was around on a Sunday morning...I'll be back in about 3 Sundays I think.

Every class plays differently that for sure, I have seen some good ranger ilvl3k+ soloed lostmauth, he dies easily if he gets hit, the key is to keep moving and play a hybrid build, he jumps around shooting arrows then zoom in melee, probably one of the most tiring class to play.

My CW is almost 63, i find that its easier to play than my GF, most of the time top 2 dmg dealer with average gear, relax at the back just need to dodge, when things doesnt workout blame will never come to you.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm still trying to make up my mind as which class I like best. I definitely like being able to switch around between them due to the different play style.

Sad I'll have to miss HE time on Sunday, looking forward to the next time I can join in :)

DirtBagMan

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I am a new guild member, but I was using an alt character when I accepted the guild invitation. The character that is currently in the guild is my rogue, 'Ginsu Scissorhands'. My main character is 'Brut Al'. He is a great weapons fighter. I would like to leave Ginsu in the guild and add Brut as well. I have two more characters but I am just leveling them up. One is a 53 and the other is a 10. They are both hunters. I thank you and Brut thanks you.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I am a new guild member, but I was using an alt character when I accepted the guild invitation. The character that is currently in the guild is my rogue, 'Ginsu Scissorhands'. My main character is 'Brut Al'. He is a great weapons fighter. I would like to leave Ginsu in the guild and add Brut as well. I have two more characters but I am just leveling them up. One is a 53 and the other is a 10. They are both hunters. I thank you and Brut thanks you.

What is your gamertag? That will help add the new character.

DirtBagMan

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If you can't add him because it says he is already in a guild I apologize. I did not expect this quick of a turn around and may have not removed him from the temporary guild he is in. I will do that as soon as I get home. Thank you for your quick response though.

Jamehz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I started way back with a warlock, but it was tough, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but he's sitting at lv 53 for now.. The Rogue is great with tons of damage at first but can get into trouble against larger groups. I'm now trying a Cleric built for DPS, and it's great so far! Trudging along at lv61 right now but I think it's my new favourite. I'm nearly at rogue-level damage but on groups. Keeping the skill points open for a heal/buff build if need be. I'm now pondering what my fourth slot will be.

On a side note, Zen exchange is insane now! It's almost triple since Christmas. What gives? Why the spike now?

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I started way back with a warlock, but it was tough, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but he's sitting at lv 53 for now.. The Rogue is great with tons of damage at first but can get into trouble against larger groups. I'm now trying a Cleric built for DPS, and it's great so far! Trudging along at lv61 right now but I think it's my new favourite. I'm nearly at rogue-level damage but on groups. Keeping the skill points open for a heal/buff build if need be. I'm now pondering what my fourth slot will be.

On a side note, Zen exchange is insane now! It's almost triple since Christmas. What gives? Why the spike now?

Thats because PWE has taken away Coalecent Ward & Ruby (50K RP) from tradebar merchant, this is needed for weapon/armor enchanment (Lvl70). Now the only way to get this is from Zen Market, it cost 1000 Zen this is why Zen is so much needed. Every 2x AD they do will make Zen price go up by 10-20, some people like me dont see the point in converting AD to Zen anymore, 300k for 1000Zen is just too much now i would rather drop $10 for 300K. So yeah developer did this to make them earn more money it worked, people forget about it & moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte