Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is looking for good rings, I have had some surprisingly good luck with doing the Demogorgon encounters. I've snagged a +5 ring (orange - epic?) and a +4 as well. Both have 2 slots for gems.

For those who haven't tried the Demogorgon, it activates at 30 past the hour in Mantol Derith. If you don't want to be called an ***** by your fellow adventurers:
Phase 1 - only open the purple tears. The other colors will just waste time and won't get your group to "gold" status
Phase 2 - always try to point to the yellow circles if you get tagged. I have found this to be harder than it should be, but I may just be an *****.
Phase 3 - I don't think there's a secret. Just attack.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Good ole Microsoft. Kept telling me my msgs could not find the page and blanked out. So it ended up with 3 of the same post. Grr.

Lol I notice, most probably it's internet issue.

BTW Thanks for everyone that has participated the stronghold HE just now, it's just too bad we can't get stronghold siege battle queue to work, we have to try again next time.

It will be better if everyone shows up :)

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note to everyone - it seems to be a double everything weekend - XP, refinement, and AD. And if Zen is on sale (15% off) with the weekly Deals with Gold.

SirMykey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hope everyone is making the most of the double XP, diamonds etc. Haven't been able to make the most of it as much as I can but since Monday is a bank holiday in the UK ill try and get a little bit more done. Just spamming Prophecy of Madness to see if I can get the rank 5 crit ring, managed to get the rank 4 one so another one of those will be good to!

Jamehz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Blerg.. Having to wait for the update because my XB1 didn't automatically update during the day! Oi.. Had that nagging feeling that I should just update in the morn before leaving for work but I figured, it should work, right? Nope.. Plus it's only downloading at 3mbps despite my 18mb connection. 5.3 gigs is taking a while!

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Blerg.. Having to wait for the update because my XB1 didn't automatically update during the day! Oi.. Had that nagging feeling that I should just update in the morn before leaving for work but I figured, it should work, right? Nope.. Plus it's only downloading at 3mbps despite my 18mb connection. 5.3 gigs is taking a while!

same it happen to me, i was hoping it will auto download during my sleep but no, had to start the download 30min before only completed the 5.2gb download in 1h15min

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hope everyone is making the most of the double XP, diamonds etc. Haven't been able to make the most of it as much as I can but since Monday is a bank holiday in the UK ill try and get a little bit more done. Just spamming Prophecy of Madness to see if I can get the rank 5 crit ring, managed to get the rank 4 one so another one of those will be good to!

Just wondering if you are still active in guild? i guess my playing time doesnt give me chance to meet you? or you are mostly on invisible ? or you are playing other alt?

SirMykey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm still around just varies how much time I have each day. I do say hi in the chat but I don't hear anything back so I assume either people are busy or nobodies around. I only have the one character (and most likely will) so no alts. I'm still donating stuff to the coffer mainly from well of dragons and doing the quests available at the guild but never see anyone around. I'll keep trying though!

Only managed to check out a few things about the update, mainly the mounts and the slots that come with them. I'm not sure if I've misunderstood them but if you have a stable full of companions and all the slots on each companion are used do the bonuses you get from them stack or is it only the bonuses you get get from your equipped mount?

Last edited:

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm still around just varies how much time I have each day. I do say hi in the chat but I don't hear anything back so I assume either people are busy or nobodies around. I only have the one character (and most likely will) so no alts. I'm still donating stuff to the coffer mainly from well of dragons and doing the quests available at the guild but never see anyone around. I'll keep trying though!

Only managed to check out a few things about the update, mainly the mounts and the slots that come with them. I'm not sure if I've misunderstood them but if you have a stable full of companions and all the slots on each companion are used do the bonuses you get from them stack or is it only the bonuses you get get from your equipped mount?

Ah, I guess we play at different times, we have quite an active numbers of players now. We almost won dragon flight that day, need more dps and Paladin for now.

As for the mount all 5 insignia bonus do stack but it has diminishing return if you have too many same types of effect. Reading it from somewhere there is this effect that gives you 10% summon companion dmg increase, if you have 5 same stacks together you get total 40% instead of 50%. It's better to mix.

SirMykey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Good to know that you can at least use all slots on mounts in the stable, probably expensive to get it all though. I'm a gwf so not sure how useful i'd be I'm just trying to get my item level up with the time I have as well as doing epic dungeons, have around 90 epic keys I need to use!

Jamehz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, Maze Engine has added one more thing to level up for boons! I'm still aimlessly just doing random quests, Common cause and Dread Ring DHE's for the most part. I think someone mentioned doing their Dailies.. is there a kind of checklist that someone can bring up?

1. ToD - Common Cause, Neverdeath/Ebon/Rothe/Icepeak dragon quests for scrolls, teeth and Sigils; Defeating Dragons (weekly)
2. Dread Ring - 3 DHE's to get the Thayan Cypher from the Demon Hunter, make a silver gauntlet and run forge/spire/fortress (is it worth it?)
3. Sharandar - ???
etc..

Also wondering about Rhix.. I keep reading about people going to him for dailies, but he doesn't give me anything other than "You can get xxx AD's for Skirmishes, yyy AD's for Dungeons!" - is this a thing that's been phased out?

Or has someone already published something like this? I've read the guide to the campaigns linked at the start of this thread, but it seems to be more of a mathematical breakdown of what it takes to get through.

Thanks again, this guild has been great!
James
(toons: Jamehz, Taranise Lightshield)

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, Maze Engine has added one more thing to level up for boons! I'm still aimlessly just doing random quests, Common cause and Dread Ring DHE's for the most part. I think someone mentioned doing their Dailies.. is there a kind of checklist that someone can bring up?

1. ToD - Common Cause, Neverdeath/Ebon/Rothe/Icepeak dragon quests for scrolls, teeth and Sigils; Defeating Dragons (weekly)
2. Dread Ring - 3 DHE's to get the Thayan Cypher from the Demon Hunter, make a silver gauntlet and run forge/spire/fortress (is it worth it?)
3. Sharandar - ???
etc..

Also wondering about Rhix.. I keep reading about people going to him for dailies, but he doesn't give me anything other than "You can get xxx AD's for Skirmishes, yyy AD's for Dungeons!" - is this a thing that's been phased out?

Or has someone already published something like this? I've read the guide to the campaigns linked at the start of this thread, but it seems to be more of a mathematical breakdown of what it takes to get through.

Thanks again, this guild has been great!
James
(toons: Jamehz, Taranise Lightshield)

For me this is what i do daily

1. ToD - Common Cause, Neverdeath/Ebon/Rothe/Icepeak/Whispering dragon quests for scrolls, teeth and Sigils; Defeating Dragons (weekly)
2. Dread Ring - 3 DHE's to get the Thayan Cypher from the Demon Hunter, make a admantine gauntlet and run forge/spire/fortress and all the quest available daily. Its worth it because you get refinement stones pack 3 of it (higher lvl gauntlet gives you superior enchantment)
3. Sharandar - on for fey crystal, do all quest here when its on 2x enchant so you get 2x the Thaumaturgic Stone?
4. Icewind dale - optional i do it so i can have some currency prepared for maze engine update so i can make epic vouchers
5. Well of Dragons - all quest here so you get enough scroll for emperor treasure and dragon keys daily, else you wont have enough
6. 2 dungeon, 2 skirmish

Rhix is suppose to give us quest last time i think pre mod 6-7 when we complete dungeon/skirmish we need to claim it from him, now they have changed it to giving us the reward after each instance.

Jamehz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks! I guess we can add the Bruenor quests now. Thankfully I've been able to do them solo so far with the DC, was worried I'd need much better gear than what I have now. It's a clever way of using older levels like Blacklake with these daily demonic quests, otherwise nobody ever goes back to them past the beginning levels.. The cordoned area seems to warn all of the regular adventurers to stay away, guess a level 10 walking in by accident would mean insta-death :D

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks! I guess we can add the Bruenor quests now. Thankfully I've been able to do them solo so far with the DC, was worried I'd need much better gear than what I have now. It's a clever way of using older levels like Blacklake with these daily demonic quests, otherwise nobody ever goes back to them past the beginning levels.. The cordoned area seems to warn all of the regular adventurers to stay away, guess a level 10 walking in by accident would mean insta-death :D

Funny you mention that....I activated a demon yesterday and two level 10 adventures decided to "help". They didn't last long. But they both kept coming back!

What do you guys do with the trade bars? Do you just buy level 7 gems to refine your artifacts? That seems to make the most sense.

I probably don't do as many daily quests as I should but I do some. I do try to get in at least one Demogorgon fight per day so that I can try to get a good ring or two. I've managed to load up both my characters with three +4 rings and one +5 so that's worked out pretty well. If anyone hasn't noticed, you no longer need to go to Mandol to join the Demogorgon queue.

Finally, I tried Castle Neverwinter yesterday. All 5 of us were 2500+, but nobody crazy high (3000+). At the final battle, we were all dead within 2 hits from Orcus. This happened multiple times before we gave up. I don't know what you need to have to beat him. Crazy.

-Ulvein/Ulvein Jr.

DavidBelanger

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
For me this is what i do daily

1. ToD - Common Cause, Neverdeath/Ebon/Rothe/Icepeak/Whispering dragon quests for scrolls, teeth and Sigils; Defeating Dragons (weekly)
2. Dread Ring - 3 DHE's to get the Thayan Cypher from the Demon Hunter, make a admantine gauntlet and run forge/spire/fortress and all the quest available daily. Its worth it because you get refinement stones pack 3 of it (higher lvl gauntlet gives you superior enchantment)
3. Sharandar - on for fey crystal, do all quest here when its on 2x enchant so you get 2x the Thaumaturgic Stone?
4. Icewind dale - optional i do it so i can have some currency prepared for maze engine update so i can make epic vouchers
5. Well of Dragons - all quest here so you get enough scroll for emperor treasure and dragon keys daily, else you wont have enough
6. 2 dungeon, 2 skirmish

Rhix is suppose to give us quest last time i think pre mod 6-7 when we complete dungeon/skirmish we need to claim it from him, now they have changed it to giving us the reward after each instance.

Wow, that's impressive. How much time does that take you every day?

Most week days, I mainly do invocations and professions so about 15 minutes total with 7 characters. I try to do the quests and other fun stuff on the weekend. And joining you guys on Sunday's off course :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb