Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
New Mod10 is coming soon on 18th Oct, be prepare and lookup on the changes of the game & class re-balance. Skill respecting can wait but focus more on the change of gears/enchantment due to skill changes, at the same time do not forget about 2x RP coming in like 2 weeks time, i would expect them to throw in another 2x RP after mod 10 soon or maybe not too far off, part of the reason its to push most of the player community above 3.1k.

For those that has not reach 3.1k ilvl you can take your time getting there, there is no rush because this new campaign is gonna be absolutely hard. Afaik we need a 30% resistance to everfrost to survive doing dailies there else we take more dmg or something, new armor that has this stats on isnt much stronger than what we have now (dragonflight), we will need new pants & shirt, reinforcement kits & potions to survive there. i would advise to treat it as an end game campaign/content do not fred if you cant make it there yet.

Oh btw the reason why i said 3.1k ilvl thats because they are introducing new Tier 3 dungeon/skirmish, people have tried entering with a full party of 3.1k they got melted instead at the mini boss, so a recommended party ilvl would be 3.5k above or higher.

Found a guide of all the new stuff on upcoming mod10 http://www.nwcheap.com/neverwinter/news/neverwinter-storm-king-s-thunder

Last edited:

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, new guild member here. Gamertag is CasterMcFear3D
Was recruited by Mike. I'm usually online with my Control Wizard (IL 2.7k) named Alisttair. Been a member for almost 2 weeks now I think. So far it has greatly enhanced my experience of this game, playing with friendly people and all that.
Anyways, I usually play weekday mornings (weekends are for D&D and quality time with wife and daughter since I work evenings). Usually on at night from about 11:15pm till about 12:30am.
I usually hit my dailies/weeklies early but definitely hit me up anytime i'm online to join in on Epic Demo (still need my twisted)., eLoL, HEs (Stronghold or anywhere), Valindra (trying to get the Artifact), Kessel, really up for anything.
Cheers!

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
After opening up over 100 lockboxes, I finally got something special this morning. Got a Bulette mount so now I'm moving around at 110% speed rather than 80% and I have Wanderer's Fortune which is very noticeable already. Was so excited this morning Woohoo!!

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Best I've done is hitting 2 dread weapon enchantments within a week or so.

Hopefully people are already taking advantage of the double refinement points today. I finally got my first artifact to mythic and my belt is only 2 levels away from maxing out. Its funny, you save for so long filling up your inventory, and then in about 10 minutes it's all gone.

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Lol yup, so quick. I got my first Artifact to Mythic. Used up my Legendary Bruenor's Helm to get my Sigil of the Controller to Mythic....so now I'm using the Globe of the Third Eye which I maxed out as a placeholder. Oh and I got my Twisted Weapon so I maxed that out. My belt is also close to maxing out. Overall, I think I jumped about 40 in my IL lol - I do still have a bit to do...still have a bunch of Thaumaturgic stones so I can rank up an Enchantment or two tonight.

Last edited:

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Last night just before bed I decided to do just a quick run of ELOL. Lo and behold, the Dragon who keeps receiving adequate payment after adequate payment from the cult of the dragon decided to drop a Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting for me. I had already purchased one previously with hard earned Astrald Diamonds, so I decided to exchange it in Protector's Enclave for another artifact to take the place of my placeholder, the Globe of the Third Eye. Under Iccy's recommendation, I went with Tiamat's Orb of Majesty (oh it binds on pikcup when you do this FYI). Just waiting for double RP to feed the Glove into this bad boy (or into my Lostmauth Horn to get it to Mythic, or my Belial's Portal Stone to get it to Mythic....Sigil of Controller already at Mythic).

Anyways, its been a good couple of weeks in Neverwinter!

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So how does everyone feel about the new Runic Lockbox and the new Storm King's Thunder content?
I'm not really liking that lockbox. I've gotten the "mount pack" a couple of times now, I didn't get a mount, and the insignias I got were useless to me. But, you never know, tomorrow might be the one!

As far as the new content, other than getting the boons, it's not doing a lot for me. Fishing really? For that, I need an inventory slot for the pole, and then one for each type of fish (and the boot when you're unlucky). I haven't even tried for any of the new armor and such. Reading the official forum and seeing all the complaints about how you have to keep infusing it with the blood doesn't do much for me. And it seem the requirement for frost resistance just to even get to the new dungeon just seems silly.

More generally, is it just me, or does it seem that there's less players? I know my interest is starting to wane a bit lately so maybe I'm just projecting.

Pwaaijenberg

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm not that happy either, same for the last one.

I have not had a mount or companion from a lockbox since I have VIP, so that's 100+ keys. I think the chances of drawing something useful are too low. I am getting a lot of Runestones R8 and R9, but would prefer enchantments of same level. Oh and those companion levelling packs, who even needs those?

I do like the new area, it looks good and the quests are mostly fun and not too hard. I hate mining and fishing those a odd additions to the game. I prefer killing time by actual killing. Fish don't fight back it is unfair.

I have not yet tried the new armour. So far I seem to be able to hold my own without the protection it gives, maybe because my HR reflects most of it and I am used to getting out of harms way. But I did not progress to area 3 so it might become harder.

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I agree the fishing is tedious. The Lockbox, I've been mostly opening up older ones, but I opened a few Runic Lockboxes...usually got JUNK but I did get a blue Rimefire Golem this morning which is kind of cool I guess.
Otherwise, I like the look and feel of these other Icewind Dale areas, but I'm saying that as a total Forgotten Realms geek who owns every novel and sourcebook for the realms ever made, as well as 99% of other realms stuff :cool:

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok the fishing may be tedious, but giving medicine to the refugees is a total pain!! I hate that quest lol

Oh and yesterday I finally spent a bit of money on this game ($25 Canadian)...and it decides to crash on me 7 times since....:eck:

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Good to see you guys chatting on forum to keep it "alive" :p

Daily quest in this new campaign is a pain in the *** and time consuming too, but after doing it awhile you could probably find the best place to find them like herbs/goblin/skin. Manage to open up Cold Run (3rd map) today, enemies here by far the hardest i would say, mostly giants they have too much health and they hit hard. Now we have like 9 dailies for this new campaign, in order to complete this campaign as fast as possible i think the only way to do so its to complete them all without missing a day, once its fully unlock we could probably drop all the dailies since 50 vonidblod per quest isnt alot, doing HE's makes it back faster.

Btw on mod10.5 they were suppose to implement a change in dungeon key not allowing us to peek at the content before consuming the keys, looks like they have pulled back.

Copied from the forum :p

Quote:- strumslinger

As you may have heard, we recently announced, and put up on Preview, a new system for dungeon keys wherein viewing rewards would no longer be an option without using the key. Then you spoke to us: loudly, clearly and - amazingly so and in many ways - that this breaks something in the game that you have relied upon. A fail safe for checking to see if you are going to use your keys on loot - at least loot that is a return on investment on the key and time in the dungeon. Our forward looking goal has always been to be able to create better rewards tables in those (and other) chests, but we needed to secure the dungeon chest system first. We totally put the cart before the horse here. We?re all sorry for the heartache such a half move has caused.

What good is first change without the second part?! I think you all were pretty clear on that, and you are right! When I?m reading on the forums that Aulduron opened 1,000 chests and used only a dozen keys on rewards he liked, this made me get my team really looking into the bigger issue here. The Rewards. Not just the rewards but the percentage chances of getting them.

We hear you. I hear you. We are going to fix this.

So, here?s what we are going to do. We are pulling back the dungeon key change for our upcoming update, Sea of Moving Ice, and scheduling time to evaluate and rebuild the rewards for the dungeon chests. This change will still happen, but when it does it will be with better rewards and a much better chance of actually getting the chase loot. Once the change is in, the plan is to schedule updates to these rewards each major expansion so that there is reason to revisit the dungeons.

With that in mind, we would love to hear from you. What do you want to see in your Dungeon chests? I?m serious about this. Your feedback is important. Reply in this post!

Regards,
Thomas ?Mimic King? Foss

castermcfear

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Good stuff Iccy. Yeah I'm getting close to unlocking the 3rd area. Haven't done too much farming of the HEs there yet (Was busy trick or treating in the game and getting refinement items and building up Jewelcrafting so I could make some gems for the guild coffer).

I read about the delay on the dungeon chest key. Makes sense that we shouldn't be able to peek and good thing they doubled back and plan on making the rewards more worthwhile because other than Demogorgon's Girdle of Might, I have never gotten anything spectacular from a chest (maybe my +5 ring of Vanishing if you consider that spectacular for a CW lol). The Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting I got was a drop from the boss.

Anyways trying to get my IL high enough while I build up the new campaign so I can get in to the new Epic Dungeon with my guildmates. Started getting some cheap Everfrost Resistant Armor to build that requirement up as well.

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I just wanted to take a second to inform everyone about a free Respec token loophole I found.
first you must have a free character slot,

2nd make a new toon and run him up the campaign ladder to finishing never death graveyard,

third report to the lady whole sells stuff in the room behind lord neverember,use 6 symbols of tempus to buy a retraining token which is account bound and pass to your main, voila, free Respec!

If you need another token delete said character and repeat!

Grumble

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre