Tom Clancy's The Division

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, who's gotten/getting this? I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy after I'm done golfing. I haven't really planned to play with anyone as of yet, so if anyone needs someone to play with, I'm game.

Oh, and don't forget to post your opinions on the game here. I really liked the alpha and beta, though I'm disappointed to hear that character customization is crap, not that it matters much in an MMO. The shooting felt really good, and the environments looked great. My one complaints was the bad A.I. It offered little in the way of strategy, instead having enemies take turns walking up and getting dropped. I hope the higher-level zones present more of a combat challenge.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I got it, I enjoy it so far. Great sense of depth (I'm only level 6 at the moment).

As this game will undoubtedly be compared to Destiny - I think it has some things going in it's favor that I wish destiny had...

1. Matchmaking. Seriously. Ubisoft goes out of there way to tell you (a lot) that you can/should team-up with other players to accomplish the harder difficulty missions. And, they are more difficult. I played the Madison Square Garden Field Hospital level on hard difficulty with 3 randoms and it was challenging and fun. Way more challenging than the 'normal' mission type with one friend.

2. I don't feel like I've already played a 1/4 of the game during the alpha and betas. There is (I think) more to do/find in the same space we played in the beta. It was also refreshing that the beta area isn't the first area of the game.

Overall, I've enjoyed it so far. Hit me up on XBOX Live if you want to play in the evenings - techpastorm is my gamertag.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The character customization is pretty lacking. I think it's what 8 faces, 6 hair types, etc...? Most of the 'customization' part of the game comes from the different jackets, pants, shirts, etc... you can find and equip.

Also - Helpful hint - the stuff you get from the UbiClub and that you redeem for pre-ordering the game can be found at the Reward Vendor in the main base in Manhattan (he's on the first floor all the way in the back between the medical and security wings - behind the stairs that lead up to the tech wing).

So, who's gotten/getting this? I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy after I'm done golfing. I haven't really planned to play with anyone as of yet, so if anyone needs someone to play with, I'm game.

Oh, and don't forget to post your opinions on the game here. I really liked the alpha and beta, though I'm disappointed to hear that character customization is crap, not that it matters much in an MMO. The shooting felt really good, and the environments looked great. My one complaints was the bad A.I. It offered little in the way of strategy, instead having enemies take turns walking up and getting dropped. I hope the higher-level zones present more of a combat challenge.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I redeemed my DLC codes in-game, so they weren't there (probably have to restart the game to get them). I played for several hours last night with some guys from the Twitch streams, and we were all having a great time and impressed.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm publishing my impressions on the game tomorrow (reviewing this one is gonna take a while) but, I'm very impressed so far. I'm glad its RPG mechanics actually matter, and class synergy is important and rewarding.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got this game this past weekend $38 from target ;), played a few hours so just ranked 8 so far and its pretty fun. I find it much harder than it was in the beta for the same missions they had in the beta, i had no problem soloing those missions on normal, but not so much in the real game.

Even with a group of 2 or 3, it is still challenging, which is good since i rather not have it a cake walk even on normal.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Having played through and having got a character to level 30 I have to say that I am very impressed.

Even at level 30 there is still a lot to do, daily missions, the dark zone and numerous side missions that I haven't completed yet especially in the area of the map that I hadn't been into before now.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
anybody noticing the challenge mode glitch? where more than 4 people are in the same mission and running through it in like 5 minutes, its hilarious and then the mission just restarts , did 2.5 runs in like 10 minutes. Nothing you really have to do except just matchmake.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still really, really enjoying The Division. It is awesome and fun with a good group.

There are still some things that I hope that Massive/Ubisoft does with it to make it a little more exciting.

For example - the daily missions. 2 hard, 1 challenging.

When you get to a certain level - the hard missions are not difficult at all. A group and I literally ran through one of the daily missions in 6 minutes.

I'd love for them to add some uniqueness to those missions in order to complete them for the daily. Perhaps limiting you to a specific gun type or requiring a specific talent/perk setup.

That would up the difficulty and bring a little bit of variety into it. Plus it would force us all to branch out a little with our talents and perks.

Destiny does that with it's daily and weekly missions and it is a lot of fun.

Also, it would help if the daily mission algorithm doesn't pick the same 3 missions 3 days in a row..

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by ncxcstud
I'm still really, really enjoying The Division. It is awesome and fun with a good group.

There are still some things that I hope that Massive/Ubisoft does with it to make it a little more exciting.

When you get to a certain level - the hard missions are not difficult at all. A group and I literally ran through one of the daily missions in 6 minutes.

I'd love for them to add some uniqueness to those missions in order to complete them for the daily. Perhaps limiting you to a specific gun type or requiring a specific talent/perk setup.

That would up the difficulty and bring a little bit of variety into it. Plus it would force us all to branch out a little with our talents and perks.

Also, it would help if the daily mission algorithm doesn't pick the same 3 missions 3 days in a row..

You do know that at level 30 you shouldn't be running through hard missions with a group, that's what the challenging difficulty is for. I can run through a hard mission solo in about 6 minutes.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You do know that at level 30 you shouldn't be running through hard missions with a group, that's what the challenging difficulty is for. I can run through a hard mission solo in about 6 minutes.

So a game designed to be played with others shouldn't be played with others? That seems... counter-intuitive...

Besides - even by myself the hard daily missions aren't difficult. They aren't really 'hard' at all.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Just because you can, doesnt mean you shouldn't. I run hard with a group because its faster and its not going to impact my loot anyway.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Ya, it is still a pretty fun game, but the amount of exploits and glitching is giong to bring this game down. Most people are glitching the new incursion and glitching for materials. I was gear level 175 and kept getting kicked because of low gear score on incursion.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So a game designed to be played with others shouldn't be played with others? That seems... counter-intuitive...

Besides - even by myself the hard daily missions aren't difficult. They aren't really 'hard' at all.

Not what I said at all, hard missions don't REQUIRE a group meaning that it's pretty pointless to team up with others to play through them as there's no challenge to it but it doesn't mean that you can't. Challenging missions are designed to be played with a group.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ya, it is still a pretty fun game, but the amount of exploits and glitching is giong to bring this game down. Most people are glitching the new incursion and glitching for materials. I was gear level 175 and kept getting kicked because of low gear score on incursion.

I've noticed that with Incursion as well, seems like Gear Score is nothing more than a way for elitists to extend their e-peen!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers