Has anyone gotten Xbox One party chat working with Win10?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get party chat working when I'm streaming Xbox One over to any PC. It doesn't seem to be as straight forward as I expected it to be.

Once I stream over to the PC my party can no longer hear me through the headset (original Xbox headset) but I can still hear them. Funny that this happens even when the controller is still synced directly to the console. Meaning I'm literally just using my PC's monitor as a mirror but leaving the controller connected to the console. Once I power off my TV instantly my party can no longer hear me. Only if I have the Xbox mirrored on both TV and PC simultaneously that the party can hear me.

So I tried a few other things. I physically plugged the controller into my PC's usb port and still the party can't hear me. I tried ending the chat and opening a new one through the Xbox One app and starting a party (beta). Again, I can head my party but they cannot hear me.

I opened Sound Devices and fiddled with the devices by enabling things and setting things to default etc. I went under the microphone tab and changed some things there and at one point I could hear my own voice through the PC speakers but my party again still cannot hear me.

So frustrating. I wish there was a guide for this because it seems like it should be something that should just work without me making all sorts of backend changes.

Anyone know how to get this working?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)