Xbox on or Hey Cortana

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Complete failure in new Xbox One Preview. What drugs is the QA team on?

Literally. I see the AI recognize, "Pause" and then she says, well i'm not connected to the internet, so I'm just going to be useless. WTF.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

While i haven't tried anything offline. Cortana seems to be a lot faster and better at recognizing me then it did prior to this update. Training myself to say "hey cortana" rather then xbox has been a little annoying, i wish you could at least just say "cortana". Pause, resume, stop, volume up, volume down, signing in and out, turning the xbox on, and off. I havent had any issues with any of these. In fact i would say i have repeated myself less since I got the update this weekend.

Lets not forget this is still in early stages of the preview. and it could be that those commands that should be available offline, are just not locally on the xbox yet. I'm curious to see what commands work on the PC without being on the internet, and if thoes commands work on the xbox. Something like setting a reminder etc.

Personally I see this going in the right direction, but to each his own.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

In hopes that someone from Microsoft reads this

If they did, it's unlikely you'd get a response. After someone's put in a huge amount of work on something, no one is really motivated to reply to an incoherent rant like this.

Things usually go a whole lot better if you approach Microsoft (or anyone) in a calm, respectful manner.

Which isn't as fun as ranting, I admit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12