Xbox One S - Specifications

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
new_xbox_one_s_consoler_and_wireless_controller_thumb.png

Xbox One Size Reduction.jpg
Dimensions20.58 x 15.78 x 4.8 (estimated based on 40% reduction of 34.3 x 26.3 x 8 - Xbox One dimensions)
Weight
Power BrickIntegrated 100 - 240 Volts
Max Connected Players8 Players (need verification)
Can Stand VerticalYes, only 2TB Special edition includes stand
KinectVia seperate adapter, free for current x1 and kinect owners
who are purchasing the xbox 1 s (needs all three serial codes).

Connectivity
CategoriesOEM/ODMModel / Part NoAdditional Information
IrdaBlaster In Front of case and IR Out for Kinect to the rear
BluetoothMediatekBluetooth 4.0
WiFiMediatekMT7632TUN + MT7612UNMT7632TUN {2x2 MIMO 802.11n + Bluetooth 4.0 Module} + MT7612UN {802.11ac 2x2 MIMO}. 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz.
Audio OutS/PDIF
USBFront: 1 Rear: 2
HDMIHDMI PassThrough for Set Top Boxes, HDR Support, HDMI-out x1, HDMI-in x1
EthernetRealtekRTL8111HMGigabit

Graphics
GPUAMDRadeonOver clocked 914 Mhz, 4K video support for Blu-rays, apps and movies and 4K upscaling for games, (HDR visuals for supported games and video - needs TV that supports HDR10).
Display OutTexas Instruments SN75DP1596 Gb/s DP++ to HDMI Retimer
Disk DrivePhillips and LiteOn Digital SolutionsDG-6M5SBlu Ray, with UHD support (HDR and Wide Colour Gamut Encoding).
NB: To use HDR your TV must support:

• BT2020 color space or gamut
  • High Dynamic Range (ST2084)

The Core
SOCAMDX949211-001 DG4001FYG87IA1.75 GHZ 8 Core Jaguar + GPU.
RAMSamsungSEC 549 K4W4G1646E-BC1A16 x Samsung SEC 549 K4W4G1646E-BC1A 4 Gb (512 MB) GDDR3 DRAM (total of 16 x 512 MB = 8 GB) NB: Most likely custom as Samsung list top tier density at 4 GB at 256MB x 16.
Power ControlNCP4205 GASUY1614Likely an iteration of the NCP4204 GAC1328G Integrated Power Control IC found in the Xbox One
SouthBridge?X861949-005 T6WD5XBG-0003Handles communication for the different components
?STMicroelectronics GK009619?

[NOTE]This post will be updated as soon as more info becomes available, if anyone else finds any relevant info this will be added to this post :)[/NOTE]

[INFO]Thanks goes to
  • RumouredNow
  • DavidinCT
[/INFO]

[INFO]Sources:
www.ti.com/product/SN75DP159
www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+One+S+Teardown/65572?utm_source=xboxonesteardown&utm_medium=Annotation&utm_campaign=YouTube

www.samsung.com/semiconductor/global/file/insight/2015/08/PSG2014_2H_FINAL-1.pdf?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000279[/INFO]

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Xbox One S Bugs & Defects

OK, according to what I read and reported by reviewers..

1. It does not support TRUE bitstreaming support, so if you have a system that supports it, NO DTS:X, NO DTS-HD/Master, NO TruHD master... None of the HD audio formats. It will only play DTS or Dolby Digtial 5.1 or 7.1 but, none of the true audio HD formats (it's a big deal if you have a system that supports it).

2. If you have a older 4K TV, chances are it will not support it. It requires a TV with HDR10 (or BT2020), other wise known as HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range, HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color. If your 4K does not support these features, you will only get 1080p video from the Xbox one S... MOUNDS of complaints about this. Your 4K tv DOES MATTER.

From
Troubleshoot 4K and HDR on Xbox One S | 4K and HDR for Xbox One S Console

Things people NEED to know before upgrading to a Xbox one S...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

OK, according to what I read and reported by reviewers..

Thanks for the info, David.

I moved the post here because it seems to be more about the spec and is a limit on the design of the system rather than a bug or defect that can be corrected with software or creates a warranty replacement issue.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info, David.

I moved the post here because it seems to be more about the spec and is a limit on the design of the system rather than a bug or defect that can be corrected with software or creates a warranty replacement issue.

It's cool but, according me those are DEFECTS not limitations. How do you claim to support a format and only do it 1/2 way... it boggles the mind...

Sad to say, that is the deal breaker for me, the 4K tv thing I should be fine with but, the HD audio formats...I guess a stand-alone UHD 4K bluray player is in my future...and stick with my Xbox one for a while longer.

Nikholas Pappas

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the internal Sata connection has actually been updated to Sata-III or are they just using a Sata-III drive on the same Sata-II connection?

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Xbox One S -game rentals physical disk

When I insert disk into console,does it have to download before I can play?

You have to install from the disk, yes. There's a trick to it though. You have to go offline in your network settings before attempting to install from a disk. Otherwise, it will attempt to download the latest installation data from Microsoft and install from that rather than the disk. Depending on your ISP bandwidth, this can take quite some time for larger games. It will also eat up your data if your ISP enforces data caps. If you have a disk, it's recommended you go offline and install from the disk as this will generally be quicker. Once it's installed, you can go back online and when you attempt to start the game, it will download any necessary patch data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss