How to get UWP On xbox one

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I might be missing something, but I cant figure out how to get a. UWP app on xbox one?

I looked in the store and couldn't find anything more than the usual suspects...

Do I have to install it on a w10 laptop before I can see it in the xbox?

So confused...

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
No they aren't released yet. I think Baconit is the only UWP in the store that is truly UWP.

Groove is now fully UWP and I think Films and TV is (Not 100% sure on that one). I was just chatting to the Huetro for Hue developer and he said they are recoding the app to allow for the controller buttons and it should be ready in a week or so.

If you fire up Cortana and go to your favourite locations it should say something like "Directions", if you do this it says you need an app, and search for one in the store, and up comes "Maps" and you can download it, but it doesn't actually work yet.

So a bit of patience is still required.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I figured this would have been farther along by now. Just got a one S that is now center to the home entertainment being located in the living room. Have TV going through it, but some apps, such as the "Watch Disney" apps, would be great to have for the little dude. I thought they used to be available in the store on the console?

Also disappointed that the netflix app doesn't display 4:3 content full screen. My roku and app built in to my TV don't have this issue, but the xbox one app puts black bars on the side of some of the shows we watch on there.

Figured the console was farther along in being an "entertainment hub" than it actually is. Hopefully it gets there soon.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
There are dozens of UWP apps in the store on Xbox One right now. Readit, Baconit, Windows Maps, Game Calendar, to name a few. Many of them will appear under "Ready to Install" in your Games & Apps list if you've installed them previously on Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos