Best sound bar for Xbox One S?

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Need something for our main living room TV that i'm about to add an Xbox One S to.

TV is a Samsung 55" JS8500.
Will be running TV (FiOS) through the xbox one S.

Trying to stay under $600. Mainly just want something for better movie watching/gaming sound, especially since the Xbox One S will get me the 4K blu ray / Netflix capability.

Had a friend recommend the Sonos Playbar, which is right on the budget line, but I want to make sure i'm getting the best bang for the buck.

Anyone have experience with the Samsung sound towers (TW-J5500)? They are on sale at BJs Wholesale currently for $250 and sounded decent in store, though I don't put much stock in that due to the conditions.

Any guidance welcome. Thanks in advance!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you are in the US so you won't have the same companies we have in the UK, but I took a different and probably better route that gives me far better sound than a sound bar.

We have a company called "Richer Sounds", they sell TV's and Hi-Fi's at discount prices, I bought a 100w 7.1 receiver for ?110 and I then found a set of floor standing speakers for ?30 from a shop called "Cash converters" (In the old days they would have been called a pawn shop), someone had used a paint roller to decorate their room and one speaker had paint spots on it, took less than 10 minutes to get it off. I then bought a small pair of speakers that had no grills for ?10, they are really nice speakers, I wired these up as a centre speaker.

So for ?150 I have an fairly impressive sound system hooked up to my Xbox One and it wouldn't take many pennies to add another pair of cheap speakers to make a full 5 channel system with no need for a bass box as my main speakers are big enough to provide more bass and better sound than the small speakers in a plastic sound bar will ever provide.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been pretty happy with this Vizio 5.1 system: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...5913?c3api=3679,bing,2764376395,1105202454799

Got mine at Sams Club actually, but looks like they don't stock it ATM (at least on their site).

The sub-woofer is wireless and the two satellite speakers are wired off of the sub-woofer.

Pretty easy set up and dialing in. Nice menu options and we get great sound out of it. Makes a big difference during the football games. We have the crowd toned down so we can hear the commentators better and we actually catch a lot of cussing from the players on the field. LOL

*Note that I'm not gaming through it, just my general observations.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been pretty happy with this Vizio 5.1 system: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...6894?c3api=3679,bing,2764376395,1105202454799

Got mine at Sams Club actually, but looks like they don't stock it ATM (at least on their site).

The sub-woofer is wireless and the two satellite speakers are wired off of the sub-woofer.

Pretty easy set up and dialing in. Nice menu options and we get great sound out of it. Makes a big difference during the football games. We have the crowd toned down so we can hear the commentators better and we actually catch a lot of cussing from the players on the field. LOL

*Note that I'm not gaming through it, just my general observations.
thanks.

Currently leaning towards the yamaha YAS-203. probably 2-3 weeks from purchase. Need to get the TV wall mounted first.

Joel Monserrate

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Try a Sony Sound Bar I bought for about 350$ it has 3 HDMI inputs one of which is 2.2 HDMI which is perfect for Xbox Slim surround sound with wireless subwoofer check it out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos