Taking an Xbox One S across the pond

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
...so I took advantage of Black Friday and picked up an Xbox One S for ?200. Which will effectively be ?170 once I've sold off the extra copy of For a Horizon 3 that came with it,

However, I'm moving permanently to the US from the UK. Help with the following would be appreciated.

1) The original Xbox One power bricks are single voltage, which makes moving one to the US very difficult. Can anyone confirm if the One S has a dual mode power supply so that it will work correctly at either 110V or 230V without a transformer?

2) Changing region - my Xbox account is tied to the UK. How easy is it to change this to the US and would it require a factory reset of the Xbox?

Thanks in advance.

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
...so I took advantage of Black Friday and picked up an Xbox One S for ?200. Which will effectively be ?170 once I've sold off the extra copy of For a Horizon 3 that came with it,

However, I'm moving permanently to the US from the UK. Help with the following would be appreciated.

1) The original Xbox One power bricks are single voltage, which makes moving one to the US very difficult. Can anyone confirm if the One S has a dual mode power supply so that it will work correctly at either 110V or 230V without a transformer?

2) Changing region - my Xbox account is tied to the UK. How easy is it to change this to the US and would it require a factory reset of the Xbox?

Thanks in advance.

I can only answer question number 1 regarding the power supply. Per iFixit's teardown of an Xbox One S, it is now dual voltage.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the Philippines but set my region to US because the US just has so much better deals and features.

You can change it in your profile on the Xbox itself or on xbox.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2