After some time with the Xbox one.... Still prefer Digital or Phsyical games and why ?

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Depends - I'll buy digital if the game has crossplay support without hesitation - I got a free physical copy of Forza Horizon 3 with my Xbox One S purchase in October but being a disc, it would only work on the Xbox One and require the disc to be inserted. Sold it and bought the digital version for the same money - gaining crossplay and not having to use a disc are advantages that outweigh being able to sell the game in the future.

However, without crossplay support, I'll simply buy whichever option is cheaper - I'm not one to sell games and still have every CD/DVD purchase with games on it.

Same applies to PC games - buying a physical disc may take longer but some games that require Steam can be £40 instead of £45, plus I get the box and installation discs. Despite the DVD effectively being a one time installation disc, I'll take the cheaper option

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since xbox 360 i always dreamed about digital version of the game instead physical versions.

And finally from the start of xbox one dream come true)

And yeah all my xbox one games ALL digital. I dont have any physical game)

So, that day when your xbox one dies beyond being recoverable and, you have to re-download all your games. You can spend the 4-5 days waits for slow Xbox live (even with a REALLY FAST connection and TESTED), Xbox live is slow over all most peak times (after 4pm week days and more on weekends)

Mine will take a lot less for MOST of my games.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer digital since it allows faster load times and you can switch games without swapping out disks. But, with the data caps imposed by my ISP it really isn't a great idea. With games approaching 100GB, probably more with 4k, it can chew up 20-25% of my data allowance with a single game.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
With digital, you can do DL, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL then leave it to DL and sync everything.
With Physical... can you start your DL before inserting a disk?

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Well... maybe MS should offer a service in their Windows Store so that people can bring in their HDD, plug it in, login for license check and copy data directly from a... special configured XBox.
Or, if 2 Xboxes are within the same network, instead of download from the internet, check if the other Xbox has already got it downloaded, if has then copy directly from it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well... maybe MS should offer a service in their Windows Store so that people can bring in their HDD, plug it in, login for license check and copy data directly from a... special configured XBox.
Or, if 2 Xboxes are within the same network, instead of download from the internet, check if the other Xbox has already got it downloaded, if has then copy directly from it.

LOL, and you can add $150+ for that service (pull the Xbox apart, pull the drive apart, connect to another system, copy the data over, and put it back)

Nice dream but, would never be cost effective.

RDCAIA

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a fan of physical only - to keep the disk and share the game with family/friends. But once I tried digital, I have not turned back. The speed of being able to choose between any given game at any given time is completely worth it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Digital. I have purchased discs, here and there. Usually games for my son, as they are on sale and he gets bored quickly. Or I'll buy it used for us to try. If we don't like it, I bring it back within 7 days and get a full refund.

I actually do both for titles like COD. I didn't do it for Infinite Warfare tho. BO3, I bought both PS4 & Xbox One editions that came with the fridge and also the digital $100 editions. I also bought Tekken 7 on disc as I knew no one on my friends list really play, so I'll probably sell it.

Also for my Nintendo Switch, I buy the physical.

Only time I see myself getting both are when special editions that I want or possibly may sell come out.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I prefer digital but if it's a game I'm skeptical about getting ill get the disc so I can trade it in if I don't like it

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I buy all my games digital now. I haven't bought a physical disc in 2 years. I've even purchased 360 digital games for my catalog. I think the only game I've paid full price for was Halo 5 at midnight. The rest I've got in massive sales. I have 112 games installed on my 2tb hardrive. With 600gb left.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty much full digital. My pc is full digital. My 3DS, Switch (except Botw), Wii U, Wii, Gameboy Micro, heck even my Gamecube collection on vWii (though the latter two aren't kosher). All digital. If I ever have to move again it all fits in a bankers box. I'm waiting for my One S to come in the mail, but I think I'll just go full digital again, although I admit it would be prudent to try the more unfamiliar genres out as rentals or used disks. If I install the dusk version then buy digital do I have to redownload?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos