Moving Game Profiles on the Xbox One S

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Good morning,
I have an Xbox One S running the latest software. I was wondering if there was any way to move, say, game saves for Skyrim: Special Edition from one user profile to another. My girlfriend managed to lock herself out of the new Xbox profile I made for her, but luckily all she used it for was Skyrim (let's ignore the fact she put about 30 hours into Skyrim with that profile) and I was hoping I could create a new profile and move her saves over. I've been meaning to set up a Windows phone for her but I want everything to be under the same account so I can keep track of it.
Yes I've tried everything I can to recover the old account, but unless she can remember the password it's doomed.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure you can transfer game saves from one profile to another profile. I believe they are profile specific. While they are stored on the hard drive (and synced to the cloud), they are not accessible by everyone logged into that console.

If I'm not mistaken, on 360's and the original Xbox it used to be this way. You could download a save game from someone else and load it up as your own. But it just doesn't work that way any more to my knowledge.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you can transfer game saves from one profile to another profile. I believe they are profile specific. While they are stored on the hard drive (and synced to the cloud), they are not accessible by everyone logged into that console.

If I'm not mistaken, on 360's and the original Xbox it used to be this way. You could download a save game from someone else and load it up as your own. But it just doesn't work that way any more to my knowledge.

This question came up on another forum, No this is not possible. This would allow cheating of games for example, you get to a point in a game before an achievement, save it, give to a friend, and now he can go on to grab this achievement with out any effort. To think for achievement hunters you could go to a website and download a bunch of saves and you can grab all you want quick and simple !

There was a way if I remember on the VERY EARLY days of the Xbox 360 but, it's been long blocked because of people did this. Unless there is a new HACK.

I've been meaning to set up a Windows phone for her but I want everything to be under the same account so I can keep track of it..

Wow, you must be a very trusting boyfriend....

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This question came up on another forum, No this is not possible. This would allow cheating of games for example, you get to a point in a game before an achievement, save it, give to a friend, and now he can go on to grab this achievement with out any effort. To think for achievement hunters you could go to a website and download a bunch of saves and you can grab all you want quick and simple !

There was a way if I remember on the VERY EARLY days of the Xbox 360 but, it's been long blocked because of people did this. Unless there is a new HACK.

Wow, you must be a very trusting boyfriend....

Haha it's not like that. She's terrible at remembering her passwords. That's what happened with her first account. She forgot her password and I couldn't find a way in so I was forced to make a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel