Mouse and Keyboard's precision or Controller's comfort? Which do you prefer?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone out there in the never returning void prefer a keyboard and mouse over a Controller? Or vice versa?

If you prefer a controller, maybe you could share which controller you use.

Same with the keyboard and mouse.

Does anyone use anything else? If there really is anything else, lol.

Any Steam Controller users out there? Just curious. I haven't seen any users with a Steam Controller yet.

For the past few months I've been using the PDP Afterglow Prismatic Xbox One Controller (long name), I found it on eBay for about $30-$35 so it wasn't too expensive. I'm a fan of the variety of custom colors you can choose! I also like the feel of the controller itself, it feels nice in the hands but... I do run into a short circuit cable problem every once in a while... I'm just glad that the cable is removable and replaceable and fairly cheap to find!

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I use an Afterglow Xbox 360 USB controller. I seen that Afterglow Xbox One and it looks COOL! Lol. Mine just has red LEDs which is still good for me as red gods good with my build.

I can't really get into keyboard and mouse gaming on a lot of games. It's kinda weird feeling to me, lol.

I did want to try out that Steam Controller when it was on Sale a while ago but in never got the chance to get it.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I use an Afterglow Xbox 360 USB controller. I seen that Afterglow Xbox One and it looks COOL! Lol. Mine just has red LEDs which is still good for me as red gods good with my build.

I can't really get into keyboard and mouse gaming on a lot of games. It's kinda weird feeling to me, lol.

I did want to try out that Steam Controller when it was on Sale a while ago but in never got the chance to get it.

Nice! I actually had one but the "A" button jammed pretty bad and the LT button was unresponsive so I tossed it.

I can't really get into keyboard and mode either, I'll only use it for certain games that feel better using it or for games that can only use it.

Same here! I think it'll be kinda odd to use he Steam Controller but I was looking at it when it was on a crazy Steam sale.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
When I used to game it had to be with a keyboard and mouse. Not sure why but it's just what felt right. For consoles I've only really played sports games and those have to be with a controller.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
When I used to game it had to be with a keyboard and mouse. Not sure why but it's just what felt right. For consoles I've only really played sports games and those have to be with a controller.

I use to strictly only game with Keyboard and Mouse, no matter what game it was, it felt right!

I started using controllers about 2 years or so ago, and after that I can only really use controllers, it feels nicer in the hands. Lol.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I tried a few games with controllers and I'm assuming if I played a lot more it would get easier but I just never felt the precision with it like I did with a mouse and keyboard.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am NOT a gamer.
I do play games on my Windows 10 laptop. Sometimes, but rarely, games from PlayStation 2.

Games I play are usually from the Store. I don't even know how to "stream" games. That how out-dated I am.
I have some "shooter" games installed from the Store but find it hard to play with the mouse.
ex. Modern Combat 5 :Blackout.

Recommendation required :
A game controller to play games I mentioned above.
It can't be more than $40 Canadian.

Last edited:

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I am NOT a gamer.
I do play games on my Windows 10 laptop. Sometimes, but rarely, games from PlayStation 2.

Games I play are usually from the Store. I don't even know how to "steam" games. That how out-dated I am.
I have some "shooter" games installed from the Store but find it hard to play with the mouse.
ex. Modern Combat 5 :Blackout.

Recommendation required :
A game controller to play games I mentioned above.
It can't be more than $40 Canadian.

I recommend using an Xbox 360 controller from Newegg, Amazon, Bestbuy etc... They should work right out of the box and isn't too expensive. The Xbox One controllers can be a bit more expensive compared to the 360 controllers.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%26N%3D50001149%26isNodeld%3D1&token=jfZbOopF

Or

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3648408

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I thought those controllers with the name "Xbox" were only for Xbox games.

They can be used for Windows PC games too ?

Yes they work for PC as well, you just have to get the USB Xbox controller. Usually called "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" I have two Xbox controllers for my PC.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
No problem

And Microsoft has drivers for both wired and wireless controllers on their website under "downloads" just in case it doesn't work out of the box

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you think this one from eBay.ca will work ?
It includes the receiver.
It does not say compatible with Win 10.

Wireless USB Game Controller Gamepad Joystick Anti-skid for PC Laptop Windows CA | eBay

It should work with Windows 10! You might need to find some drivers for it online but it should work.

I also trust that EBay seller, very reliable!

But.... some controllers that aren't setup like an Xbox controller won't always work with some games. So I can't guarantee that controller would work for some games.

Receivers are for Wireless controllers so you'll usually find them in a bundle.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
It's a gamble. It could possibly work 100% fine, but I had bad experiences with controllers not setup a certain way like Microsoft's controllers.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Since I've never had a console I've always played with a keyboard and mouse and it
feels like the right way to do it, for the kind of of games I play at least.

Trigati

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I play with both, but I prefer using an Xbox One Elite controller. If a game doesn't support controllers or for games like MMOs, I use a mouse and Logitech G13 gameboard.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Since I've never had a console I've always played with a keyboard and mouse and it
feels like the right way to do it, for the kind of of games I play at least.
@badelhas
Nice!

I feel like I'm cramped up after a while of using a keyboard and mouse, but that's just me. Lol

Any particular games you play?

I play with both, but I prefer using an Xbox One Elite controller. If a game doesn't support controllers or for games like MMOs, I use a mouse and Logitech G13 gameboard.
@Trigati

Nice

I was going to get one not too long ago I but prefer my current controller

And for some games I use my MSI mouse and MSI keyboard (I can't remember the name or model number at the moment)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb