So if Windows 10 is at the core of Xbox One, why have no games come over?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So if Windows 10 is at the heart of this box, why have none of the Windows 10 games come over??
Most of the Asphalt games would run like a dream, same for O&C 1 and 2......heck even the Microsoft Titles are missing Shuffle Party, Solitaire.......

Not a deal break for me as I was only interested in the Live OTA TV as a friend gave me the USB TV stick...way faster on Xbox over my game rig PC.

I was just surprised not to see the PC games I like in the Store.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So if Windows 10 is at the heart of this box, why have none of the Windows 10 games come over??
Most of the Asphalt games would run like a dream, same for O&C 1 and 2......heck even the Microsoft Titles are missing Shuffle Party, Solitaire.......

Not a deal break for me as I was only interested in the Live OTA TV as a friend gave me the USB TV stick...way faster on Xbox over my game rig PC.

I was just surprised not to see the PC games I like in the Store.

There are examples of software/games that run on both. Like rise of the tomb raider. Increasingly with games I think that is the plan, more shared titles.

An issue might be controller input. Asphalt racing games are not written for xinput devices are they? Or at least not everything on PC is. I wouldn't know I've only played them on touch devices, but that might be one reason such games are not on xbox.

Same reason as not all mouse games can be played with touch., nor controller games with mouse.

In talking about the "composable shell", MS has mentioned a 'console shell' on windows 10, along with all the others. There has been also talk in the past year of a gaming based windows UI/shell (ie a shell gamers can install, that makes their PC more entertainment focused)

I suspect this means that the project scorpio console, will in fact be running the same exact windows 10 as everyone else, with a cshell console shell. Rather than merely sharing the onecore code. It's going to have a keyboard and mouse option too.

At that point, I think it'll be pretty much a matter of what runs on one, runs on the other apart from exclusives, so long as they put it in the windows store via the millennial project (and assuming your PC is high end AF).

You might even be able to crank out office 365 on your xbox lol.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
There are examples of software/games that run on both. Like rise of the tomb raider. Increasingly with games I think that is the plan, more shared titles.

An issue might be controller input. Asphalt racing games are not written for xinput devices are they? Or at least not everything on PC is. I wouldn't know I've only played them on touch devices, but that might be one reason such games are not on xbox.

Same reason as not all mouse games can be played with touch., nor controller games with mouse.

In talking about the "composable shell", MS has mentioned a 'console shell' on windows 10, along with all the others. There has been also talk in the past year of a gaming based windows UI/shell (ie a shell gamers can install, that makes their PC more entertainment focused)

I suspect this means that the project scorpio console, will in fact be running the same exact windows 10 as everyone else, with a cshell console shell. Rather than merely sharing the onecore code. It's going to have a keyboard and mouse option too.

At that point, I think it'll be pretty much a matter of what runs on one, runs on the other apart from exclusives, so long as they put it in the windows store via the millennial project (and assuming your PC is high end AF).

You might even be able to crank out office 365 on your xbox lol.

The Asphalt games as well as Order&Chaos can indeed use Xbox control on PC/tablet, just not on phone, as I have tried/used with 360 and One S controllers. Both games stated above do not display in settings unless a control unit is plugged in or paired. I was kind of let down when I could not use the One S controller on my Windows Phone, but no worry.
However I hope in future with the code shared across all platforms more of the Windows 10 Store games come across....Microsoft Studio should cut the path to show it can be done!!!!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The Asphalt games as well as Order&Chaos can indeed use Xbox control on PC/tablet, just not on phone, as I have tried/used with 360 and One S controllers. Both games stated above do not display in settings unless a control unit is plugged in or paired. I was kind of let down when I could not use the One S controller on my Windows Phone, but no worry.
However I hope in future with the code shared across all platforms more of the Windows 10 Store games come across....Microsoft Studio should cut the path to show it can be done!!!!

Well I know that's the game they talk. So hopefully we will see more of that soon! Windows mobile could use the indie/simpler games, xbox and pc could use the extra titles. MS has a real shot at total dominance of gaming, if it could unify those games across the platform. So they really should.

And for us gamers, hopefully that means drowning in game titles XD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss