Project Scorpio is Xbox One X

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Xbox One X- naming is a little bland though it does communicate the fact that it is still part of the current Xbox One family and that it is the best version available. I agree though with another member here who said that it should be called "Xbox One Crème De La Crème" LOL!

$499 - Not bad at all for a console that can do Native 4k. You'd be hard pressed to build a 4k gaming PC for less than that. A GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 alone would cost about the same or more than an Xbox One X.
Last year I was expecting this "PREMIUM Console" to be at a "PREMIUM Price Point" like $599 or $699.

Design - Inherits the Xbox One S sleek and sexy design though I think they should've done more to differentiate it.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'd take a console w/o the disc drive and do downloads and be happy.

That wouldn't sit well with me or a lot of other people. I have ISP data caps and some of these games are huge, not to mention all the additional updates that go along with them. One game could potentially eat up to 20-25% of my data for the month. This is just one of the reasons I still prefer discs.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'd take a console w/o the disc drive and do downloads and be happy.

That wouldn't sit well with me or a lot of other people. I have ISP data caps and some of these games are huge, not to mention all the additional updates that go along with them. One game could potentially eat up to 20-25% of my data for the month. This is just one of the reasons I still prefer discs.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, the forthcoming XBox One X is not a full 4k product. It's a half way house until something better comes along.

For gaming XBox One X looks great, but for media it's in the dark ages before it has been launched. There will be NO 4K passthrough on the One X, which means that hooking up a 4K satellite or cable box to try and get a one box solution, will mean downgrading the broadcast and watching in inferior quality. Thus the One X is realy a 2015/16 product.

Last edited:

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
4K input is supported, but limited to 30Hz (HDMI 1.4 with HDCP 2.2, as far as I know). Same as the S (which was confirmed to pass through 4K input signals).
HDMI :: Manufacturer :: HDMI 1.4 :: FAQ for HDMI 1.4

I don't think there are any 4K@60Hz broadcasts anyways, most boxes (at least from the only two 4K TV services here in Canada) only have the older HDMI hardware, and broadcast signals are at 24 or 30Hz.

I agree that it's not really future-proof, but the reality is that there's never been a huge amount of content at 60Hz, even before 4K. Games are really the only type of content where you'd notice the difference.

Even spatial sound only requires HDMI 1.4. The original Xbox One supports spatial sound output (Dolby Atmos available, DTS:X confirmed for future update) through its HDMI 1.4 Out port. Not sure about input, I don't have any devices that output a signal to test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster